Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 06:59 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times

Advertisements

In its response to deadly attacks in Benghazi, Libya, the seizure of journalists' phone records in a Justice Department leak investigation, and the IRS targeting of conservative groups for special scrutiny.

The White House is sending out their spin mister as the empty chair stays in the background. They will claim they want to get back to

creating more jobs - (already wasted 4+ years)
and reforming immigration laws (democratic votes)

while continuing to show they are trying to get to the bottom of the controversies. Yep, 8 months ago they said they "will get to the bottom of this" and then said, "oh that was a long time ago".

The spin will be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 08:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Does the absence of Benghazi outrage relate to the Repubs being found out in the doctoring of email and releasing that to ABC to run with? Seems the Benghazi phony scandal has disappeared... IRS/TNuts - nothing there either, seems the greater scrutiny was with left and right... AP - seems looking for leaks is quite important to the American people and we don't feel sorry that some reporters got their feelings hurt. Hmmm.. Yep, quite a "scandal" trifecta.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:21 PM

Pfeiffer still will not answer where the president was other than to say he was in the white house. When asked if Obama was in the situation room, Pfeiffer answered he was in the white house.

Of course Pfeiffers job is damage control and try to spin it onto republicans. He said that the IRS was in no way partisan.

I truly dislike this lying administration. It's like paying for and being forced to eat liver.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:24 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Pfeiffer still will not answer where the president was other than to say he was in the white house. When asked if Obama was in the situation room, Pfeiffer answered he was in the white house.
And that matters why?

Old 05-19-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
And that matters why?
It must or if he was in the right he would just say where he was but by not saying he is telling us that he has something to hide. He just doesn't want Americans to know that Obama was sleeping so he could take off for his Vegas fundraiser.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:28 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,552,791 times
Where was Obama during Benghazi?

Dan Pfeiffer: "Irrelevant Fact" Where Obama Was During Benghazi Attacks - YouTube

9/11/12

Jay-Z & Beyonce's Obama Fundraiser: Hip-Hop's Royal Couple Will Host President At 40/40 Club

Barack Obama at Jay's own 40/40 Club.

[link to www.huffingtonpost.com]

It it does not matter, why don't they tell us?

Old 05-19-2013, 01:30 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Schieffer to Obama Advisor:

Cant believe it but Schieffer did a decent job with this interview. Doesnt happen very often thats for sure.

Quote:
BOB SCHIEFFER, HOST: You know, I don’t want to compare this in any way to Watergate. I do not think this is Watergate by any stretch. But you weren't born then I would guess, but I have to tell you that is exactly the approach that the Nixon administration took. They said, “These are all second-rate things. We don't have time for this. We have to devote our time to the people's business.” You’re taking exactly the same line they did.

After Pfeiffer continued with evasive talking points, Schieffer again scolded:
SCHIEFFER: But Mr. Pfeiffer, and I don't mean to be argumentative here, but the President is in charge of the executive branch of the government. It’s my, I'll just make this as an assertion: when the executive branch does things right, there doesn't seem to be any hesitancy of the White House to take credit for that. When Osama bin Laden was killed, the President didn't waste any time getting out there and telling people about it.
But with all of these things, when these things happen, you seem to send out officials many times who don't even seem to know what has happened. And I use as an example of that Susan Rice who had no connection whatsoever to the events that took place in Benghazi, and yet she was sent out, appeared on this broadcast, and other Sunday broadcasts, five days after it happens, and I'm not here to get in an argument with you about who changed which word in the talking points and all that. The bottom line is what she told the American people that day bore no resemblance to what had happened on the ground in an incident where four Americans were killed.
Quote:
But what I'm saying to you is that was just PR. That was just a PR plan to send out somebody who didn't know anything about what had happened. Why did you do that? Why didn't the Secretary of State come and tell us what they knew and if he knew nothing say, “We don't know yet?” Why didn't the White House Chief of Staff come out? I mean I would, and I mean this as no disrespect to you, why are you here today? Why isn't the White House Chief of Staff here to tell us what happened?

Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
And that matters why?
Why doesnt it matter? You know why it matters even more now? Because they dont want to say where he was and what he was doing. The fact that they have been so defensive as to what Obama was doing that night, is pretty telling.

Now you can live in your liberal world in your head, and pretend that when our CoC is informed that our Ambassador is missing and theres an attack going on, that its not important that The President be active, heavily active, into what we are doing about it. But to those of us in the real world, your damn right it friggin matters!

Old 05-19-2013, 02:32 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
They ARE scandals and are not going away quick, no matter how many of you far-lefties would love them to. When HuffPo and the New Yorker have picked them up, you can no longer to pretend or ignore them. It's already at that point.

How bad it will be, hard to say. But certainly not "non issues."

Old 05-19-2013, 02:53 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
They ARE, they ARE... stomp, stomp, stomp Waaaa, they ARE I tell ya!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies