Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you still trust President Obama?
Yes 71 31.28%
No 156 68.72%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 12:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times

Advertisements

But who knows, maybe government has gotten so big, it's grown out of the control of the executive office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 12:23 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I trust Obama no more or less than any politician. I didn't trust Bush any more.
Good, Bush is in the white house only this time he is half black.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:25 PM

37,964 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Pretty hard for me to answer because I really never did trust him. I did try to like him, I tried to support him and yes, I even hoped he would be a good Pres. but I never thought it would happen and now, he is looking worse and worse. Either he is about as corrupt as they come or he is totally out of the loop and is a horrible leader.

Nita
When I saw 0bama putting together his economic team in early Jan '09, and his matter of fact statements about ending earmarks, I too was hopeful that maybe I was wrong about him in some ways. It sure did not take him long to prove me wrong for holding out hope.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:26 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
At least Bush was transparently corrupt, Obama just seems sneaky.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,969,367 times
I've become outraged at how much lobbyist have taken control of government. I'm also disappointed in my country in how we are manipulated by media.

We are one nation not a Black nation, white nation gay nation or another nation we are one and need to get over the divisiveness a and treat everyone with respect. Who in breaded Americans to think that one group is more deserving than another is stupid.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:32 PM

As Ryan said, now we are seeing big government in practice and we see how they will abuse it.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
But who knows, maybe government has gotten so big, it's grown out of the control of the executive office.
Here's where I insert the astronomy analogy which includes a supernova, a black hole and the extreme gravity that won't let even light escape...

Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It honestly sounds like like you just want to support Obama no matter what. Psst. He doesn't care about us.

Chris Matthews Of MSNBC Gets A Tingle Up His Leg - YouTube

"Romney answered, "You know, I think you see a model here in Arizona. They passed a law here that says that people who come here and try and find work, that the employer is required to look them up on E-Verify. This E-Verify system allows employers in Arizona to know who's here legally and who's not here legally. And as a result of E-Verify being put in place, the number of people in Arizona that are here illegally has dropped by some 14 percent, where the national average has only gone down 7 percent."

"After the Arizona debate, many reporters, opinion columnists, Democrats and liberal groups interpreted that statement by Romney as him saying that SB 1070 as a whole should be a model, either for the nation or for other states"

"The Romney campaign acknowledged the fee increases on nursing home licenses but took issue with the "eight times" characterization. We agree: The fees were not raised eight times -- they were raised once, on seven different levels of nursing homes in mid-2003, which was also when the user fee was implemented."
Arizona is being sued for S.B. 1070, not e verify. Romney's staff tried to distance him from the issue, it didnt work.

So again, the fee was raised ,just on different levels and twice each.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:43 PM

In the weeks ahead, perceptions of Obama will likely harden. The right will see him as dastardly. The left will view him as a victim of Washington's gutter politics, they can't help this view because this is how they view life in general.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Presidents are politicians and all politicians are known and pretty much expected to manipulate the truth, if not outright lie, but even using that low standard, the Obama’s have taken lies, dishonesty, deceit, mendacity, subterfuge and obfuscation to new depths. They are verbally abusive to the citizenry and they display an animus for civility.

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/why...ke-the-obamas/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies