Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 PM

500 posts, read 376,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Boy, this isn't forced. Not at all.

The bone comment has been well-documented. It was made back in 1990 when Rush went by the name of Jeff Christie.
Keep digging.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 09:28 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Actually, I agree with you. But Limbaugh wouldn't hold as much influence if wasn't speaking for so many.
Limbaugh has millions of listeners who seek to him for answers and wisdom. He is a guru in right wing circles, especially with the scared angry southerner.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Limbaugh has millions of listeners who seek to him for answers and wisdom. He is a guru in right wing circles, especially with the scared angry southerner.
I rather think your humble correspondant listens to Rush for insight (no doubt well augmented by inside information) and listens because Rush says things most people think but are afraid to say because of Political Correctness, aka Social Fascism. I am neither scared, angry, nor Southern.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I rather think your humble correspondant listens to Rush for insight (no doubt well augmented by inside information) and listens because Rush says things most people think but are afraid to say because of Political Correctness, aka Social Fascism. I am neither scared, angry, nor Southern.
If you are afraid to speak your mind about issues important to you, then that's your problem not political correctness.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
If you are afraid to speak your mind about issues important to you, then that's your problem not political correctness.
If only that were true. Were it so organizations like FIRE wouldn't have so much work to do.

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education - FIRE

Read -and weep for your country.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
If only that were true. Were it so organizations like FIRE wouldn't have so much work to do.

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education - FIRE

Read -and weep for your country.
You weep in fear while I'll continue to speak my mind.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:54 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Rush Limbaugh's peak of influence was during the Clinton years. He is pretty much irrelevant today. The conservative talk radio hosts with the most influence are Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin.
But according to BO they aren't capable of rendering him incapable of getting anything done.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:55 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, rush started in 1988...as his own talk show...so, please provide some proof....if you are talking about prior to 1988 and this is well documented....then it should be extremely easy for you to provide proof....
"Rush Limbaugh acknowledged making these statements in a 1990 Newsday article (although the latter, at least, occurred not on Limbaugh's now-familiar talk and political commentary radio program, but at the beginning of his broadcast career back in the early 1970s when he was hosting a Top 40 music show under the name "Jeff Christie" on either WIXZ or KQV in Pittsburgh)"

snopes.com: Rush Limbaugh 'Racist Quotes' List

So he did not make the comments in 1990. My mistake. He acknowledged making them in 1990. Feel better?

Old 05-19-2013, 11:58 PM

I don't know if Limbaugh actually told a caller to get the bone out of her nose, what I do know is that he produced a song calling Obama a negro.

I think Limbaugh defended it by saying that Black people call each other that.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 AM

510 posts, read 430,705 times
Quote:
I don't know if Limbaugh actually told a caller to get the bone out of her nose, what I do know is that he produced a song calling Obama a negro.

I think Limbaugh defended it by saying that Black people call each other that.
Wow talk about low information...

The song was Barack the Magic Negro which satirized this article by black liberal David Ehrenstein which accused Obama of being a "Magic Negro".

Obama the 'Magic Negro' - latimes.com

Colbert/Stewart do this to conservative opinion blowhards all the time, but I guess making fun of your ideological opponents is only acceptable when your target is conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies