U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-25-2013, 09:33 AM

4,215 posts, read 6,169,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
No we dont know this, there are conflicting reports out. I have read otherwise, that the relationship did not start until Kaitlyn turned 18 so we dont know that she was under 18 when the relationship started.

You say you dont know all the circumstances and background yet you choose to believe this part above even when there are conflicting reports on it.
There is no question the relationship started when the older girl was 18. Here's the police report with the facts about their ages and when and what occurred:

Kaitlyn Hunt Redacted Affidavit Redacted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:36 AM

3,001 posts, read 919,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Why should she?

They were dating for a while before she turned 18, in a consensual and legal relationship that the 14 year olds parents are on record stating they wish they could do something about just because it was same sex. So as soon as she turned 18 they pressed charges to get back at her and ruin their relationship.

All they are doing is estranging themselves from their own daughter while destroying the life of a kid just getting started. It's a mean and vile thing to do just out of hatred for homosexual people. It's twisting gods word of love and acceptance while using the law as a club in a literal sense.
So you're okay with child rape? As long as the raper knew the rapee before the rape.

Good for you.

Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 AM

168 posts, read 130,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
There is no question the relationship started when the older girl was 18. Here's the police report with the facts about their ages and when and what occurred:

Thanks for the affidavit, this most certainly proves that Kaitlyn was 18 years old when the relationship started. Also states the two girls had sex at school and that the younger girl had run away from home and stayed with Kaitlyn.

If I had a daughter that was 14 and she was dating a 18 year old and she was having sex at school and then had run away and stayed with her boyfriend/girlfriend I wouldnt want the relationship the continue either. I would press charges if I was the parent, doesnt matter if it was a heterosexual or homosexual relationship or if the 18 year old was male or female.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:01 AM

1,156 posts, read 386,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
the ones who make the laws are the same ones making laws banning words like "retards."

Of course they are. They dont want people accurately describing legislators in this country.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 AM

15,691 posts, read 5,586,833 times
Quote:

There is a 3 year and 7 mth difference in their ages.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:29 AM

1,094 posts, read 667,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Did they have sex?

Have to say, all of this faux outrage is really cute.

Do people actually know anything about high school kids and their relationships?

Personally, if I were the parents I'd be thankful: no chance of a teen pregnancy.
Obviously not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Egerton View Post
We can't know all the circumstances & background but we do know the relationship existed before the older girl reached 18, we know that the parents of the 14/15 year old knew of the relationship and bided their time till two days after Kate's 18th birthday, then decided to act, presumably in pure revenge. Some people on this thread have assumed the older girl started it and is predatory - as far as I am aware we do not know this. If it does go to trial (and I personally hope it does not - certainly seems very harsh to me, and also a waste of public money & court time) I would hope that all these circumstances be taken into consideration, and Kate be handed the absolute minimum sentence.
Indeed and I agree.

This is playing out just north of me and is all over the local news.

I see this as a classic example of parents of the 14 yr. old not thinking through the consequences of making these charges. A very common example of "helicopter parents". The 14 year old will be exposed to a lot more trama by the court system than any interaction between the so-called older girl. This relationship could have ended with time and there would have been no harm done, who knows?

Sixty years ago(1954) when I was 12, I was sexually involved with a 14 year old girl. It didn't last more than six months, as we both moved on.

I like to think I turned out fine, and now I have a 14 year old grand daughter who is probably experimenting the outer limits of herself. It all goes back to parenting, and parents not being in touch with their own feelings when they were 14 or 18.

This case will not turn out to benefit either teenager for the better, but the parents of the 14 yr. old will get some false sense of victory.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:39 AM

4,215 posts, read 6,169,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Well, she could always petition to stay off the sex offender list, but what she did to the younger girl is still a felony.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:44 AM

15,691 posts, read 5,586,833 times
Quote:
Well, she could always petition to stay off the sex offender list, but what she did to the younger girl is still a felony.
And it's ridiculous that it is. How many seniors and freshmen do you think are dating in the US?

Old 05-25-2013, 10:45 AM

14,851 posts, read 18,012,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
If this woman (18 years old) was not aware of the other girls age, I can see it as possibly a mistake. That is something else.

But she and others are saying that it is all just fine.

Florida teen rejects plea deal in controversial same-sex case - CNN.com

Where is this leading?

I'm not saying all gays lack morals - it happens to straight people also. And many gays are very moral.

But, it makes you think about the mentality of defending this.

A 14 year old is gullible and innocent (they don't fully understand the physical consequences of having sex, nor the fact that they will always carry that reputation). They want friendship, and there are con artists that will use that to get sex out of them.

Only a low-life would knowingly have sex with someone so young...there is no excuse for not doing the right thing. And any nonsense about "love" being the driving force...Hey! lock her up with the other child molesters...that's their usual line, next to being victims themselves (which is pure bull developed by sleazy lawyers).
If it was a boy they would rake him over the coals. Isn't that what they keep whining about? EQUALLLLLLLLLLLLLLITY?

By the way, two women do not have sex. Even with a "strap on", it's still not sex. It's plastic.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-25-2013, 10:58 AM

17,583 posts, read 20,907,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
The predator was offered a very lenient plea. She should have accepted it and gone quietly into the night. But as we see with so many gay people today, she has to make an issue of it and parade her sexuality and her "rights" all over the press and the internet. So now she is going to get what she deserves - prison time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies