Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 12:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

It's starting. The sex crazed Lefties want consent laws either lowered or done away with all together. I say fine, YOUR daughter is next on my list. Hopefully she is at least 12. LMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 01:06 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
That you do not agree or support our existing laws demonstrates rather glaringly that it is YOU who hasn't the slightest clue.
Da. Disagreement is not an option, comrade.

BTW which laws am I obligated to endorse? They are different in every state.

Last edited by djacques; 05-28-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 05-28-2013, 08:25 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Da. Disagreement is not an option, comrade.

BTW which laws am I obligated to endorse? They are different in every state.
Fine, disagree all you want. Insults are another story though. Keep that in mind, comrade.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:14 PM

The allegation that Kate Hunt's supporters as a rule are practicing a double-standard is glaringly, grotesquely wrong.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:35 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The allegation that Kate Hunt's supporters as a rule are practicing a double-standard is glaringly, grotesquely wrong.
Then where has all the outrage been for the last few decades? Has the ACLU defended all those 18 to 19 year-old males out there that got an extended stay in jail or prison for their 15 to 17 year-old girl friends? I mean, did I miss that?

My hubby is a JAG officer and he has to deal with the some of the issues associated with "sex offender" troops who got charged, convicted, and stuck for life on a sex offender list for the very same thing as Kate Hunt, prior to their enlistment. They had to get waivers to enlist and it causes problems their entire career. Notice I said enlist, they aren't allowed to be officers no matter how capable they are. When it comes time to cut back the troops they will be among the first let go, even ones that have had stellar careers.

We seriously need to re-think our statutory rape laws. We need to start by getting rid of the absolute liability aspect and automatic lifelong sexual predator status. There is no comparison of an 18 year-old with a 15 year-old, regardless of gender, to 30 year-old with a 15 year-old. They are worlds apart.

Teens Charged as Sex Offenders - Accidental Sex Offenders - Marie Claire

This is not about her sexual orientation, as a matter of fact, Ms. Hunt receiving merely what many gay advocates have asked for, equal treatment.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 AM

The ACLU has not been too much use (although they do a lot of other good work) but many people have written and commented about the futility of our age of consent scheme, and the cruelty of Megan's Law. I would know, since Megan's Law was my undergraduate research topic in 2005.

Anyway, since when is "where were you before" a good reason to refuse help now? Lots of black folks fought segregation before Rosa Parks. Who's to say why one event becomes a cause célèbre and not another? The important thing is to take opportunities for reform as they happen--and on this issue they don't happen too often!

Old 08-19-2013, 03:08 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
OK, so she's 18 and likes young kids.

Would it be OK if your 18 year old neighbor had sex with your 15 year old daughter?
It wouldn't be OK for anybody to have sex with my daughter....ever

Old 08-19-2013, 03:35 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet~d View Post
This is also a list of all the violations.

http://media2.wptv.com/documents/kai...0violation.pdf

I haven't posted here in awhile but I decided to put an update here. This does surprise me a little mostly because sheer number of times that Kate contacted the victim. I always thought Hunt should be in trouble for what she did only because it might help change the law a little. But now that this is out I'm thinking that she's not gonna be able to "get away" it this time. I'm also thinking that her new plea deal will be rescinded.
Stupid girls, stupid mother violating a court order.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:48 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf150 View Post
Kaitlyn Hunt, Florida Teen, Faces Felony Charges Over Same-Sex Relationship

Wow, what's outrageous.

If you are interested to support Kaitlyn so you can sign the petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/assi...-relationship#
No, whats outrageous is that you would even solicit signatures for thus horrible petition. The girl that she fooled around with was 14. Fourteen years old! Thats a CHILD and she was 18. I dont feel bad for here and i hope she goes to jail. She was also warned before this as well to leave the girl alone.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
The 18 year old deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law exactly like any other child molester. They want equality well here it is.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies