Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:54 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
What tolerance? You don't like Gays so obviously the last thing you should be called is "TOLERANT"!
When did I say I don't like gays???????????????

And what does liking someone and tolerating someone have to do with each other anyway?

Buy a dictionary. They aint synonyms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:55 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Gays are not attacked! All I have to say is "MATHHEWW SHEPPARD"

Old 05-26-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I'm not sure how you're making this claim. Where do your data about overall violent crime rates and the sexuality of the victim come from?

As to bias motivated crimes, we do have data about that. If you analyze the FBI hate crime statistics from 1995-2008, homosexuals are the group most likely to be targeted as victims of bias-motivated violent attacks.

A gay person is twice as likely to be attacked for being gay than a black person is for being black or than a Jewish person for being Jewish, 4 times more likely to be attacked for being gay than a Muslim person is for being a Muslim, and 14 times more likely for being attacked for being gay than a Latino is for being Latino.
All of which may be true.

Still does not change the fact that a homosexual is no more likely to be a victim of violent crime than a heterosexual.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Gays are not attacked! All I have to say is "MATHHEWW SHEPPARD"
Who said gays are never attacked?

This is why it is impossible to have an adult conversation with the lefties.

You argue with people about stuff no one claims.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:07 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
All of which may be true.

Still does not change the fact that a homosexual is no more likely to be a victim of violent crime than a heterosexual.
How is that a fact? I asked where you are getting your support for that fact, but you didn't supply it. Perhaps it's true, perhaps it's not. What you're calling a "fact" seems to me to be an assumption you're making.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:10 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Who said gays are never attacked?

This is why it is impossible to have an adult conversation with the lefties.

You argue with people about stuff no one claims.
Says the man who gives himself a thumbs up every time he speaks.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How is that a fact? I asked where you are getting your support for that fact, but you didn't supply it. Perhaps it's true, perhaps it's not. What you're calling a "fact" seems to me to be an assumption you're making.
Same place you got your numbers. The FBI.

Homos are no more likely to be a victim of violent crime than the heteros. Per capita.

I'm not sure why you have a problem with this. Both numbers are correct. Are you wishing gays were vicitms of violent crime more than straights?

Old 05-26-2013, 01:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Same place you got your numbers. The FBI.

Homos are no more likely to be a victm of violent crime than the heteros. Per capita.

And most homos that are victims of violent crime are victims for the same reasons as anyone else. Not because they are gay.
Which study? Perhaps you can provide a link for me.

I'm aware of two major, nationwide violent crime studies. The first one is the FBI uniform crime report, and the second is the Department of Justice's National Crime Victimization Survey. Neither of them, as far as I can tell, ascertain the sexual orientation of the victims of violent crime.

Here is the National Crime Victimization Survey form - they ask a lot about the demographics of the victims of violent crime, but they don't ask about sexual orientation: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ncvs109.pdf

Here's the 2011 FBI Uniform Crime Report for violent crimes. Where is the section that breaks down the sexual orientation of the victims?: FBI — Violent Crime

Old 05-26-2013, 01:50 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Gay man shot to death in Manhattan
Just one of many who are senselessly killed every day.

My condolences go out to the families of sons and daughters who were murdered this week but the media ignored their stories because they aren't classified as "hate crimes" -- even though somebody hated them enough to kill them.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:54 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,531,403 times
how was that possible? new york has the toughest anti self defense laws in the nation. how is it the victim wasn't defende by police? didn't he have a cell phone? how about a whistle? pepper spray? didn't he know any show tunes? I can't understand how the crime was committed in a gun free county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies