Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 02:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
No. I think you detractors must be/have been low level personnel in your employment. People in management like I was rarely have a clue about what goes on in the trenches. Our job is more strategic. We don't have time for the minutiae. I managed large public work projects. I was watching the schedule and the dollars and dealing with the owner and upteen stakeholders, not worrying about every weld or every load of fill. Those things were delegated.

Obama's staff would filter this kind of stuff. It would never reach him unless it absolutely required action on his part. Managers hate to be caught off guard, but they have to weigh that against constant distraction. Do you think a base commander knows what is happening down there in Bravo Company. Do you really think that a POTUS is involved in the day to day activities of a couple GS-12 accountants in Cinci? If so, like I said, you know very little about modern management practices.
That should explain to anybody why this country is in such a mess. We need changes in the way management works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
No. I think you detractors must be/have been low level personnel in your employment. People in management like I was rarely have a clue about what goes on in the trenches. Our job is more strategic. We don't have time for the minutiae. I managed large public work projects. I was watching the schedule and the dollars and dealing with the owner and upteen stakeholders, not worrying about every weld or every load of fill. Those things were delegated.

Obama's staff would filter this kind of stuff. It would never reach him unless it absolutely required action on his part. Managers hate to be caught off guard, but they have to weigh that against constant distraction. Do you think a base commander knows what is happening down there in Bravo Company. Do you really think that a POTUS is involved in the day to day activities of a couple GS-12 accountants in Cinci? If so, like I said, you know very little about modern management practices.
This post is fricking hilarious!!!!

Apparently you don't understand in the slightest the weight an Inspector General's report carries within a government office. Not only does it have immense importance on the back end, when the report itself is releaseD, it carries immense weight on the front end during the investigation phase, in which workers are required to comply with the requests of the IG. And guess what? Those compliance requirements are marching orders from management, who are made aware of the IG investigation from HIGHER echelons of the Agency in question. The IG doesn't just show up in an office and say "Here I am! Help me out!".

No. An IG investigation is a very serious matter and every OIG investigation is tracked by the Office of Management and Budget...(just like every rulemaking is tracked by OMB)....which is a White House office. Why? Because that's what OMB is for. To track EXECUTIVE BRANCH ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITY. That's what they do!

Your lack of understanding is not only hilarious, it's downright wrong.

Perhaps you should stay out of these discussions if you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:51 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That should explain to anybody why this country is in such a mess. We need changes in the way management works.
I agree with you that lack of accountability at the top of the ladder is a serious problem. We saw it in the mortgage mess. On the other hand, with massive corporations and massive governments it is very hard to hold the CEO (or president) responsible for everything that goes on down the food chain.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:52 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This post is fricking hilarious!!!!

Apparently you don't understand in the slightest the weight an Inspector General's report carries within a government office. Not only does it have immense importance on the back end, when the report itself is release, it carries immense wait during the investigation phase, in which workers are required to comply with the requests of the IG. And guess what? Those compliance requirements are marching orders from management, who are made aware of the IG investigation from HIGHER echelons of the Agency in question. The IG doesn't just show up and say "Here I am! Help me out!".

No. An IG investigation is a very serious matter and every OIG investigation is tracked by the Office of Management and Budget....which is a White House office.

Your lack of understanding is not only hilarious, it's downright wrong.

Perhaps you should stay out of these discussions if you don't know what you're talking about.
I really am having a tough time believing that they actually believe the stuff they type. I REALLY AM!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:53 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The whole coverup is being played out along classic lines.

1.) Deny anything is wrong.

2.) Say something is wrong but that nobody knew it.

3.) Say that well, maybe a few people knew about it, but no one that counts.

4.) Say that, well, yes, a few people who do count, knew about it.

Anyone want to start a pool, on when step 5 (admit the Presdient knew about it) will finally be played?
Next week? Two weeks? Another month?

At this point, they want you to believe that the Senior White House counsel - a lawyer who has the job of informing the President on every important legal matter - learned of a matter for which Richard Nixon got impeached, going on in the Obama administration... but thought the matter wasn't important enough to bother telling the President.

Yes, they think you are that stupid.
Step 5 is - It's irrelevant, it's old news, and what does it really matter at this point, anyway. This is nothing but a distraction, so just leave the president to get on with the job the American people elected him to do.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:53 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The whole coverup is being played out along classic lines.

1.) Deny anything is wrong.

2.) Say something is wrong but that nobody knew it.

3.) Say that well, maybe a few people knew about it, but no one that counts.

4.) Say that, well, yes, a few people who do count, knew about it.

Anyone want to start a pool, on when step 5 (admit the Presdient knew about it) will finally be played?
Next week? Two weeks? Another month?

At this point, they want you to believe that the Senior White House counsel - a lawyer who has the job of informing the President on every important legal matter - learned of a matter for which Richard Nixon got impeached, going on in the Obama administration... but thought the matter wasn't important enough to bother telling the President.

Yes, they think you are that stupid.
As long as this has news people distracted from four dead Americans, this administration does not care how it is spun. It is a smoke screen.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:57 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Let all this dribble in one day at a time for the next few years.

O-bots will riot if he resigns or is impeached. Let him sit on his hands and indict him at the very end.

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Yes. These people knew about the investigation but not the results of it because it was not complete. It would have been highly inappropriate for the White House or Rep. Issa to inject themselves into an ongoing investigation. There is no smoking gun, no story, and nothing to see here.
Those senior wh staff were told of the report's contents in April, not just 'about' the investigation.

NCN

Quote:
I agree with you that lack of accountability at the top of the ladder is a serious problem. We saw it in the mortgage mess. On the other hand, with massive corporations and massive governments it is very hard to hold the CEO (or president) responsible for everything that goes on down the food chain.
That is exactly why the CEO is there. If they don't know what is going on, somebody else needs to be in charge.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:59 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That is exactly why the CEO is there. If they don't know what is going on, somebody else needs to be in charge.
That's what the Chief of Staff does in the White House, but even then his scope is limited to his direct reports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies