Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Opposition to gay marriage is not a minority opinion.
Except that it is.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Opposition to gay marriage is not a minority opinion.
Wrong. This country is at 58% in support of gay marriage these days. It's no longer a "minority" opinion.

Poll: New High Of 58 Percent Support Same-Sex Marriage | TPM LiveWire
Gay marriage support hits new high in Post-ABC poll

Quote:
It's just tiring arguing with you people0
It's always tiring to try and push your bigotry onto others as your side is slowly dying out.

Quote:
You're not worth the aggravation. Go on an wallow in your perversions. God will deal with it all at the appointed time.
Since there is no god, and gay people do not have any perversions that heterosexuals do not have themselves, your "aggravation" is only of your own making.

go wallow in your bigotry and let the REST of us REAL humans, go on with our lives.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
The more interesting part is how same-sex marriage affects the budget. Most people will think of it as changing income taxes and benefits for gay public employees. But some of the biggest effects come in welfare programs: Marriage makes people more robust against financial shocks and less likely to qualify for welfare programs. Same-sex marriage would save hundreds of millions of dollars a year by getting some gay men and lesbians off the Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income rolls
What Is the Fiscal Impact of Gay Marriage? - Bloomberg

Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,102,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I really have no clue what you're talking about. Perhaps we are taking "financial predator" to mean different things. What did you mean by it?
Okay:
A Financial Predator is one where a partner enters a marriage because:
One partner is constantly gaining financial benefits from the other, and the "predator" is comforted by the fact that if that relationship ends in Divorce, he/she will likely walk away with a handsome financial benefit in a "divorce settlement."

Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
God will deal with it all at the appointed time.
And when would that be?

Or, hasn't your god gotten around to telling you that yet?

And how is he (or she) going to "deal with it?" Is he/she going to "smite" all the gays, as well as everyone who supports their right to be treated equally and fairly and with the dignity and respect the rest of us enjoy?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
Okay:
A Financial Predator is one where a partner enters a marriage because:
One partner is constantly gaining financial benefits from the other, and the "predator" is comforted by the fact that if that relationship ends in Divorce, he/she will likely walk away with a handsome financial benefit in a "divorce settlement."
Oh. Given the context of your OP (gay marriage is costly), I took "financial predators" to mean those entering into a gay marriage so that collectively they take advantage of the financial marriage benefits offered by the state.

As to your meaning, sure, some gay marriages are/will be like that. However, I can't imagine why it would be any more often than similar straight marriages. Ever heard of a trophy wife or a golddigger? It's pretty much a female archetype.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,102,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Except that it is.
To be accurate - I think the Media is now very heavy promoting the idea of Gay Marriage,
and it is being sold as "just another human right".

If we strip away the usual media fog around it, to show that the issue is really just about money, I wonder how many would actually support it ?

In other words, the Majority is being sold a fantasy - not the real goods, with the price tag showing. (It's a bit like Obamacare in that way.)

As I have said, I am in favor of Gay Marriage, so long as it is not shifting costs to tax payers. Show me that is true, and you have my support. I see no reason why Gay people should not be treated with dignity, but don't ask me for my checkbook.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And when would that be?

Or, hasn't your god gotten around to telling you that yet?

And how is he (or she) going to "deal with it?" Is he/she going to "smite" all the gays, as well as everyone who supports their right to be treated equally and fairly?
In all fairness this could be hell right now.

You know, posting on CD trying to fight off all the bigotry.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
To be accurate - I think the Media is now very heavy promoting the idea of Gay Marriage,
and it is being sold as "just another human right".

If we strip away the usual media fog around it, to show that the issue is really just about money, I wonder how many would actually support it ?

As I have said, I am in favor of Gay Marriage, so long as it is not shifting costs to tax payers. Show me that is true, and you have my support.
Why would gay people getting married shift costs onto the taxpayer that straight marriage doesn't? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Do you even know what you're talking about?
I vote no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies