Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,103,804 times

Advertisements

Gay Marriage: it's about Your money going into Gay pockets

They want to get in in the gravy train of more state benefits, just when our country is nearly bankrupt.

The Brits have begun to notice...

Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill and cost taxpayer ...

The Independent - ‎1 hour ago‎

Moves to legalise gay marriage cleared a crucial parliamentary hurdle as it emerged that civil partnerships could be abolished as the price for getting David Cameron's plans on to the statute book.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:31 PM

On the other hand:
If gays want "rights" that will not cost the rest of us money,
then I support it.

Last edited by Geologic; 05-20-2013 at 07:40 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
On the other hand:
If they want "rights" that will not cost the rest of us money,
then I support it.
Lets ban heterosexual marriage too if it also costs money

Old 05-20-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Nope.
It is the "Bedrock" of our civilisation.
Haven't you worked that out yet?

Not only can we afford the costs of hetero marriage, we risk losing the balance in our society when it is threatened.

Gays should forgoe the extra benefits, if the want true respect...
I see weak people with their hands out, in the current campaign.
Let's get the forks out (it that's what Gay Marriage is really about), rather than getting our wallets out (yet again).

And while we are at it, we need some changes in the divorce law, which the way it is written now, encourages "predatory behavior" by those who stand to benefit financially from marriage. Let's put a fork into that sort of behavior by Heteros too.

Last edited by Geologic; 05-20-2013 at 07:54 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Exactly. If this is really an argument we should take seriously ("Giving more people benefits will hurt us economically!"), the anti-gay crowd should be more than willing to do their fair share. If not, well then I guess another prejudice-concealing mask bites the dust.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:48 PM

I am against Gay Marriage - and many more will be too, when they get past the fog in the MSM,
and see what gays are really asking for - IT IS ABOUT MONEY

(If not, then please explain why not - instead of attacking the sanctity of real marriage)

BTW, I am getting a rush of postive Reputational comments on this, but maybe those who agree are afraid to make their views public, for fear of appearing Political Incorrect...

MESSAGE to them: Get over it! (the desire to appear politically correct, that's for zombies and sheeple), let's come out against this expensive nonsense, before the country really is bust.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
I am against Gay Marriage - and many more will be too, when they get past the fog in the MSM,
and see what gays are really asking for - IT IS ABOUT MONEY

(If not, then please explain why not - instead of attacking the sanctity of real marriage)
Lol! You're adorable.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! You're adorable.
Thanks, sweet heart, same to you.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:55 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Gay Marriage: it's about Your money going into Gay pockets

They want to get in in the gravy train of more state benefits, just when our country is nearly bankrupt.

The Brits have begun to notice...

Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill and cost taxpayer ...

The Independent - ‎1 hour ago‎

Moves to legalise gay marriage cleared a crucial parliamentary hurdle as it emerged that civil partnerships could be abolished as the price for getting David Cameron's plans on to the statute book.
EXCUSE ME!!! Dang it, we pay into the system too, so it is you straight people digging into our pockets, not us digging into yours.. That Gravy Train is not just yours you know. How do you think we gay people feel, we are denied equal marriage rights and the government allows us to be discriminated against and you friggin say we are taking your money. IT is all of our money and we deserve a piece of it too. I am sick and tired of paying your way, paying for your kids schools and programs, paying for your benefits.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Thanks, sweet heart, same to you.
Don't worry. When your aliens finally show up, the "sanctity of marriage" will no longer be a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies