Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:26 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Budweiser usually ships tens of thousands of cans of water within 24hours of most disasters of this type to local redcross.
I hope they label them well or people won't be able to tell them apart from their beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 02:31 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually none were against the direct aid part ($17 billion). The debate was over the $33 billion of pork attached to it and it was attached because some in Congress feared it would not have passed if it weren't attached.

Attaching pork to direct disaster aid was a political move and both sides got their piece of the pie.
The pork attached to that bill was sickening.

Turning around and blaming the guy that objected to all that pork is pretty disgusting too.

Why not blame the guys that attached the pork and caused the delays because of it?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Right..no audit trail = no blame.
That is now becoming the norm..no one knows who inserts clauses and amendments into these bills anymore. They just seem to "magically appear" and no one in Congress is aware of them when asked by journalists once the bill is put on the net.
The last one I recall was some bill that gave Monsanto some sweeping powers over their mutant seeds.

See, Congress can be 100% bipartisan and work together when they so choose to.
Spending OPBs in the common link between both parties.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The President has spoken and pledged all possible support, but where is it? The Red Cross, The Salvation Army and teams sent from neighboring states are on the scene working, but FEMA is conspicuous by it's absence. Only talk Mr. President? If Oklahoma was a swing state would it be different?
They are still finishing up the red tape to give financial aid for Titanic survivors.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The pork attached to that bill was sickening.

Turning around and blaming the guy that objected to all that pork is pretty disgusting too.

Why not blame the guys that attached the pork and caused the delays because of it?
The record shows who voted against mom, apple pie and the girl next door.

The record does not show the reason for the nay vote - the pork attached by unknown parties to secure a majority.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sigh.

From Monday night:

"The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) announced Monday that it was, at the direction of President Barack Obama, already providing resouces and support to the victims of a massive, mile-wide tornado that blasted through Oklahoma City suburbs killing at least 51 people. "

FEMA Provides Support To Oklahoma Tornado Victims | TPM LiveWire

Oklahoma Officials and FEMA on Tornados | C-SPAN
No! No! No! That's not the right spirit to channel for the coon hound crowd that hangs out here. Try some mournful baying about that awful black man and how the progressives are going to make sure that Dixie and like-minded states outside of it are going to be made to endure eternal unfairness forever. Or at least for the next 3 1/2 years. Whichever comes first.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals would vote for anything if there are victims involved. Oh there's an extra hundred billion tacked on for arms shipments to AQ. Ah who cares we have to help the victims!
AQ?

Time to use Google to ask Wikipedia for help:

Quote:
AQ

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

( Jump to: navigation, search )

For the Wikipedia editing policy, see Wikipedia:AQ.

Yeah, yeah - get to the definitions already:

Quote:
AQ, Aq, aQ, or aq may stand for or refer to:

Geography:

American Samoa, the DAFIF 0413 / DIA 65-18 / FIPS PUB 10-4

Antarctica, ISO 3166-1 country code

L'Aquila, a province of Italy

Aq, alternate name of Ak, Buin Zahra, a village in Iran
That's IT! The Republicans want us to bomb ANTARCTICA in retaliation for global warming!
I bet even Rand Paul could warm up to that one, and agree that the black guy in the white house can send out drones - to Antartica only, though! Plus, if there's one thing a liberal likes better than "victims," it's global warming! They REALLY will be in favor of bombing Antartica, too. Everyone in agreement at last. Bi-partisanship, NOT Bi-marriage. Why, I do believe I hear the black congregation at the Baptist Church across the way are singing "Kum by Ya" (or however you spell that stupid song).

America, let your coon hounds run free and your semi-automatic arsenals remain festooned with thousands of garlands of 100 plus rounds of ammo. We are One-Nation-Indivisible again. At least until the next Hispanic guy wanders by.

Last edited by Colorado Rambler; 05-21-2013 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Ayn Rand; Paul Rand; Rand Paul - whoever. You know. The guy from the place I'm now ashamed to call my home state.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Here, here..

Stopping the bleeding is the first responders jobs, and they do them well. FEMA comes after to help with the larger scope rebuilding process.

Thanks for the clarification, that too was the impression i was under.

I do imagine in the wake of the aftermath of this disaster, there is planning and preparation.

And they do say, more storms are on the way. Severe thunderstorms and hail storms, they say are on their way.

I assumed that FEMA helps with the rebuilding process and that of repairs to businesses and homes.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:33 PM

613 posts, read 815,300 times
It's the never ending tripe like this that turns the average person off. Obamaphobes will make up any ridiculous accusation at the drop of a hat.

Obama has authorized FEMA to respond to a terrible tragedy, just like any President would. (including GWB) It is simple to do a quick google search to see the falsehood of the original post.

There is so much noise (accusations that Obama is a nazi, communist, muslim, black supremacist christian, racist, reverse racist, yada, yada, yada) that no one could hear the signal even if it were there. Many of you should re-visit a story from your childhood about the boy who cried wolf.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:36 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,873,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The President has spoken and pledged all possible support, but where is it? The Red Cross, The Salvation Army and teams sent from neighboring states are on the scene working, but FEMA is conspicuous by it's absence. Only talk Mr. President? If Oklahoma was a swing state would it be different?
The people that are there seem to be handling it fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies