Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If by "winning the hearts and minds of the American people" you mean buying them off with deficit spending and other people's confiscated money, I agree.

FTR, one doesn't have to be on welfare to receive more from government than they contribute.

60 Percent of Households Now Receive More in Transfer Income Than they Pay in Taxes | Tax Foundation
you mean like Red states like OK that take in way more from the federal govt than they contribute?

Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
In so far as the person taking the fifth is not the head of the IRS, but merely a division head, I'd say this is a perfect illustration of the sort of conflation that continues to occur.
Everything is the worst-est, most horrible-est thing.

Problem is, everything can't be the penultimate thing. Not every. single. time.
Good post except that "penultimate" means "next to last."

Old 05-23-2013, 11:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Good post except that "penultimate" means "next to last."
I mean to say "pentultimate" as in the common urban usage of "most-est."

Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I mean to say "pentultimate" as in the common urban usage of "most-est."
OK--it isn't common in my urb, but that's cool

Old 05-23-2013, 12:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
The reason Obama remains popular with the majority of Americans, while Republicans collectively as less popular than a turd in the punch bowl, is because he actually wants to deal with the nation's problems while Republicans just want to create more problems for the country without ever actually doing their job and solving any of the existing problems. The more time they waste with non-existent "scandals" the lower their poll numbers go; right now they're literally at record low polling numbers and still falling.

We can't even get Republicans to negotiate on the budget despite their crocodile tears about how they wanted to be part of the process. Personally, I'd just pass another continuing resolution because it's obvious Republicans are not acting in good faith nor will they ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies