U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:37 PM

31,385 posts, read 18,596,168 times

Advertisements

"Why all the hate towards the Tea Party?"

You reap what you sow? That would be my guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM

12,919 posts, read 8,429,191 times
The Tea Party is supposed to be about no more taxes and less government but they were mysteriously absent during the Bush Administration and came about right after Obama was elected even though Obama had raise no taxes nor expended government. Makes most people wonder why they ignore Bush and why many of them depend on the very government they are supposedly against.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM

19,127 posts, read 11,649,082 times
Is anyone here on CD a Tea party member?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The Tea Party is supposed to be about no more taxes and less government but they were mysteriously absent during the Bush Administration and came about right after Obama was elected even though Obama had raise no taxes nor expended government. Makes most people wonder why they ignore Bush and why many of them depend on the very government they are supposedly against.
And yeah right what about Acorn Sick insane SOBs that group is.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 PM

8,750 posts, read 4,685,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Tea Party Patriots

I support the tea party movement and i don't understand all the disrespect people give towards the Tea party?

What is ironic is that most of the hate comes from so called "liberals" who what i thought were for equality?
They're just reaping what they sow.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:06 PM

8,750 posts, read 4,685,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is racist to want lower taxes and smaller government.. what a stretch..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Who has mentioned racism here? Only you.
Cat's out of the bag now...

Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM

3,789 posts, read 1,775,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Think of it this way - in 2010, many self-described "Tea Party" activists made calls and raised money for a Senate candidate named Marco Rubio, who marketed himself as a "Tea Party" guy. He won.

Now, Marco Rubio is currently trying to spearhead an immigration reform bill during an era of persistent unemployment and a falling workforce participation rate which would potentially add millions more (primarily lower-end) laborers to an economy that hardly appears capable of supporting them.

He has also positioned himself as a "hawk" on defense, calling for increased spending in some areas and for more American intervention abroad - whether in Syria, or in the form of longer, bigger occupations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Remember, self-described Tea Party activists are a big reason this guy is currently in office.

If that's the level of candidate they are helping elect, then really, what's the point of them?
Now add to that the Senate just voted to give the welfare and tax credits even though they are not citizens yet and you add another layer. They should all get thrown out and come back in under a work visa program like Australia has no job you don't come in period.

The issue is, and someone said it already, the takers out number the workers and quite honestly I am sick and tired of paying for lazy asses.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 PM

25,622 posts, read 32,468,602 times
The Tea Party was co-opted by the extreme right wing of the Republican party, instead of remaining a bipartisan effort to promote responsible spending and a government that was responsible to its people instead of to corporations.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM

12,521 posts, read 7,730,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Is anyone here on CD a Tea party member?
Supporter yes, i looked passed the negative portrayal the media tries to put on the Tea Party,
i feel quite proud of myself..
Me - 1
Liberal Media - 0

Old 05-21-2013, 08:47 PM

712 posts, read 219,066 times
The Tea Party was hijacked early on. They aren't Libertarians. Most of them are the same old George Bush Republicans who realized in 08 that it was finally over, and decided to enact a scorched earth policy of the Government they formerly blindly supported, rather than just getting out of the way...

Old 05-21-2013, 08:48 PM

1,214 posts, read 462,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
no real hate for the tea party that i've seen on this site, I have seen them being mocked but that is mainly due to the politicians who ran under the tea party ticket and won. After all you had crazy people like allen west run, same with bachmann. Also i tend to dislike them not because of what they supposedly stand for Koch brothers who are the biggest wastes of money and life this country has to offer.
Got some proof of that? How are the Koch's different from Soros?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies