Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 02:50 PM

128 posts, read 93,225 times

Advertisements

You're just intolerant of immigrants. If I were to immigrate to Sweden I am automatically entitled to a job and I'm automatically entitled to rape their women as well. If you speak out against me then you're just a biggot.

/sarcasm off

The United States is an immigrant country.

Sweden is not.

End non-white immigration into Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,634,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyvern212 View Post
You're just intolerant of immigrants. If I were to immigrate to Sweden I am automatically entitled to a job and I'm automatically entitled to rape their women as well. If you speak out against me then you're just a biggot.

/sarcasm off

The United States is an immigrant country.

Sweden is not.

End non-white immigration into Europe.
Every country is an immigrant country. Did the Swede's grow out the ground?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:28 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,524,654 times
Sweden should just open up its borders and let anyone who wants to become a citizen in to live amongst the native born swedes.

Everyone deserves the full benefit of living in a first world country.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:31 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,506,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
semantics
It is not merely semantics. In the same way, "Nature creates ____" and "____ creates nature" are not the same statement. It implies a huge divergence in philosophical underpinning and it is nonsense to write it off merely as semantics.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:35 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,886,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
It is not merely semantics. In the same way, "Nature creates ____" and "____ creates nature" are not the same statement. It implies a huge divergence in philosophical underpinning and it is nonsense to write it off merely as semantics.

Maybe but, at the very least, it's being a weasel.

Of all things people are excluded for, culture is usually the main culprit.

Maybe aesthetics could jockey for that slot in the hierarchy...but I'd say it's a 1 and 1a argument.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:40 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,634,269 times
The incident in the UK with muslim extremist is another example of failure of diversity.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,267,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You can only keep the lid on for so long before the pressure explodes.
You have a disgusting title. I often wonder what people who rile against so called multiculturalism actually mean.

Are you saying that people of different ethnic or religious backgrounds can't live together peacefully?

Are you referring to multiculturalism as you believe to be taught in public elementary/junior high/highschools schools(even though its not)?

Are you referring to multiculturalism that is engaged as a field of study at the university level. A study that attempts to actually address the issues that may arise out of having a diverse group of human beings living with each other?

Or is it something else?

Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM

128 posts, read 93,225 times
Quote:
Every country is an immigrant country. Did the Swede's grow out the ground?
That's the dumbest comparison ever. A white british is not an immigrant to britain. That's his ancestral homeland.

As a white american of scottish descent, i'm an immigrant to the americas. My ancestral homeland is scottland.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-23-2013 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-22-2013, 03:48 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,770,165 times
al quedas on the run!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 03:51 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,267,865 times
Quote:
The incident in the UK with muslim extremist is another example of failure of diversity.
This is illogical, so using your logic when the so called native population of a nation riots does that mean the failure of that nation?

I think riots always point to problems within a nation that need to be addressed.

Why doesn't the same thinking apply to any riots?

So immigrants can live somewhere for decades, but the moment that a riot happens that involves immigrants, in your mind that means immigration as a whole has failed?

This is an irrational response to a two day event. Many have been living in Sweden for decades, for many years and a single riot proves they don't belong in the country and that diversity is a failure.

This is an impossible bar for any human activity to clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies