Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 03:02 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some Muslims are violent.
Most are not.

Some people in the U.S. who own or have access to guns are violent. Most are not.
No, what you fail to understand is there are two types of muslims, those who act, and those who do not.

Those who act are the type 1, they are the footsoldiers. They plot and plan and create havoc.

The type 2, are the quiet ones who swear they're peaceful, and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Keep in mind that the type 2 are the ones who never speak out against or denounce the actions of the type 1.

The type 1 are the bush clearers, the ones who take casualties, the ones who are the trailblazers for those who will come after them. They are the ones who are radicalized, they have to be in order to make sure their "religion" overpowers every religious faith on the planet.

The type 2 are positioned to reap what the type 1 sow.

How many Muslim groups denounced the actions of the sickos in England?

I heard radio silence. Zippo, nothing...

There's a reason for that.

It's because they all stand UNITED with each other even when they are silent.

Their faith encourages a religious disease to invade the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"She told BBC Radio 4's World at One: "What I've been incredibly impressed with, coming out of this tragedy, is the way in which the British Muslim communities have so unreservedly and unitedly condemned these barbaric acts and said very clearly 'These are not in our name, not in the name of the faith of nearly three million people in this country', and have expressed their support for our servicemen and women..."

Woolwich attack: latest

Muslims Condemn Attack on Soldier in Woolwich
Lily, that's not the point. The Muslim community has much to lose following these acts. But they don't do the necessary: excommunicate the fundamentalist, violent groups from among them. Make their ideology and preaching illegitimate. When the Imam starts talking about Jihad, everyone just gets up and leaves. They (Muslims) can do a better job at that, better then the police and other outsiders. But they never act in that direction. They continue to cover, hide, protect and nurture them. Its the same everywhere on the globe. Its the same in the states.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:13 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
No, what you fail to understand is there are two types of muslims, those who act, and those who do not.

Those who act are the type 1, they are the footsoldiers. They plot and plan and create havoc.

The type 2, are the quiet ones who swear they're peaceful, and wouldn't hurt a fly.

Keep in mind that the type 2 are the ones who never speak out against or denounce the actions of the type 1.

The type 1 are the bush clearers, the ones who take casualties, the ones who are the trailblazers for those who will come after them. They are the ones who are radicalized, they have to be in order to make sure their "religion" overpowers every religious faith on the planet.

The type 2 are positioned to reap what the type 1 sow.

I heard radio silence. Zippo, nothing...

There's a reason for that.

It's because they all stand UNITED with each other even when they are silent.

Their faith encourages a religious disease to invade the world.

I would feel much more comfortable with Muslims if they would denounce the verses in the Koran that call them to attack non believers.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I would feel much more comfortable with Muslims if they would denounce the verses in the Koran that call them to attack non believers.
I've never heard Christians denounce Biblical verses either.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Lily, that's not the point. The Muslim community has much to lose following these acts. But they don't do the necessary: excommunicate the fundamentalist, violent groups from among them. Make their ideology and preaching illegitimate. When the Imam starts talking about Jihad, everyone just gets up and leaves. They (Muslims) can do a better job at that, better then the police and other outsiders. But they never act in that direction. They continue to cover, hide, protect and nurture them. Its the same everywhere on the globe. Its the same in the states.
What's not the point?

I responded to someone who stated pretty fervently that NO Muslims had spoken out to condemn the attacks.

I knew that to be untrue and posted a rebuttal.

That is the ONLY point I was trying to make.

I have no interest in debating what they should, could, ought to do because it is pretty clear that even when the majority does speak out against these sorts of heinous acts, they are not given the benefit of the doubt and are tarred with the same brush as those who commit atrocities.

Moving on.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I can't see why the UK simply doesn't open its borders and let anyone in...everyone deserves their human rights.
Because when you let people like this into your country, you are SACRIFICING the human rights of your own citizens. Like our leaders do.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:39 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I've never heard Christians denounce Biblical verses either.
Then you need to start a thread to discuss that exact topic. It's not what's being discussed in this thread.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
I am reading some posts on other sites where liberals are saying that soldiers should not wear their uniform off base so as not to be a target. How about this Brits, let your people carry a gun and shoot Muslims acting strange on sight? How about that? Works for me. Less on the dole also.
As long as YOU can be shot for acting strange, I'm fine with it.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:44 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
No death penalty in the UK.

Plus quite frankly if you really want to punish someone putting them in prison to rot for the rest of their lives seems far more effective IMO.

Would you prefer to be hung , shot or given a lethal injection or spend the rest of your days in a tiny cell, never to see the light of day and your freedom ever again ?! I don't know about you but give me death every time. Seems far more humane.
Bullet to the head. Cheap. Fast. No hand wringing. No discussions about humane vs taxpayers paying for animals to exist for the rest of their lives in a cell. Bullet to the head. Every time. You have to speak the same language as your enemies. There is only one language these animals understand.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:

We can't help it if you're too lazy to look.

What is interesting has been the swift reaction of organisations from within Britain's Muslim communities. My inbox has been filled with statements from groups utterly condemning the murder, voicing support for British soldiers and calling for unity and peace.
BBC News - Woolwich attack: The ordinary and the extreme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies