Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 01:19 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Another lie by you.
Not at all. Another complete failure by you to understand a word of what you are reading. Now... since you never bothered to actually make an argument, instead you simply offered quotations and offered not even the pretense of explanation, I won't bother to make your arguments for you.

But if you manage to make one yourself, I'll be happy to eviscerate it again.

The Supreme Court has told us exactly what "subject to the jurisdiction" means.

The Supreme Court has told us explicitly that the children of aliens born on US soil are natural born citizens with only two exceptions.

None of this is in question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I pointed only to the fact that you were not being truthful regarding what the footnote said, and what Bouve was being referenced regarding. And you are being further disingenuous when you set up a straw man regarding my opinion on Bouve's "authority." Please... argue with what I am actually saying rather than the voices in your head.
There in lies the problem, I made a factual statement that a child born to an EWI, while in detention for said EWI, that child is not born a US Citizen since they have never resided within the US. Anything else you have attempted to argue has nothing to do with my statement.

Quote:
Nonsense. The analogy offered cuts immediately to the quick of your frantic equivocation.
Hardly, but you are the "history" dud.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
What would have lead you to hallucinate that I was contradicting either Ovcatto or his link?
Whatever made you hallucinate that I said it.

Quote:
Is that going to be your tactic now? Run away from your own arguments and pretend they were made by somebody else?
I haven't ran from anything, let alone some smart ass like you.

Nothing you have stated or what Ovcatto has presented diminishes my statement, AT ALL!!

Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Equivocate all you wish, LR. You are still light years away from finding a SCOTUS confirmation regarding the Bouve reference that you so desperately want to pretend carries legal weight.
SMFH. Policy today is what may allow a child born to an deportee in holding giving birth to the child. It always has been policy. I have yet to equivocate.

And yet you somehow think that footnote 22 in Plyler carries some legal weight since you continually reference it.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Quote:
Another lie by you.
1866:
Sen. Howard concurs with Trumbull's construction:

DUH

Wrong again.

The 14th amendment exempts children of foreign ministers just as it exempts everyone who are subject to another power.

What does a baby know? That is why children are subjected to their parents.

common sense is common sense which you are lacking.

What does “subject to the jurisdiction thereof†mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
All that fancy learning you did...and still unable to connect dots. argue on...it meaningless.

Look the legal concept of ...Precedent.
Quote:
Still you bring no valid point.
Looks like you are confirmed correct, Chimuelojones.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud White Guy View Post
I found this last night. This is from the congressional record pertaining to the debates of the 14th Amendment.
Aside from the fact that you cut and pasted a snippet of the debate from a birther website and didn't read the debate in toto so as to glean the context of your citation... Through out the history of debate over citizenship and naturalization the term "natural born" and "citizen at birth" have been freely exchanged. As result there are only two forms of citizenship, natural born/citizen at birth and citizenship through naturalization.

Quoting John Bingham (remember him)]
The Constitution leaves no room for doubt upon this subject. The words 'natural born citizen of the United states' appear in it, and the other provision appears in it that, "Congress shall have power to pass a uniform system of naturalization." To naturalize a person is to admit him to citizenship. Who are natural born citizens but those born within the Republic? Those born within the Republic, whether black or white, are citizens by birth—natural born citizens.[17]
I then refer you to an opinion by Attorney General Edward Bates, issued in 1862, prior to the ratification of the 14th Amendment.
I am quite clear in the opinion that children born in the United States of alien parents, who have never been naturalized, are native-born citizens of the United States, and, of course, do not require the formality of naturalization to entitle them to the rights and privileges of such citizenship. I might sustain this opinion by a reference to the well-settled principle of the common law of England on this subject; to the writings of many of the earlier and later commentators on our Constitution and laws; ... and lastly to the dicta and decisions of many of our national and state tribunals. But all this has been well done by Assistant Vice Chancellor Sandford, in the case of Lynch vs. Clarke, and I forbear. I refer to his opinion for a full and clear statement of the principle, and of the reasons and authorities for its support.[22]
So what does Assistant Vice Chancellor Sandford state on behalf of the First Circuit New York Court of Chancery in 1844:
The only standard which then existed [when the Constitution was written], of a natural born citizen, was the rule of common law, and no different standard has been adopted since. Suppose a person should be elected president who was native born, but of alien parents; could there be any reasonable doubt that he was eligible under the Constitution? I think not. The position would be decisive in his favor, that by the rule of the common law, in force when the Constitution was adopted, he is a citizen.
Reports of cases argued and determined in the Court of Chancery of the State ... - New York (State). Court of Chancery, Lewis Halsey Sandford - Google Books

Old 05-23-2013, 01:45 PM

16,671 posts, read 15,665,596 times
Citizens are citizens. They all have the same rights, whether they are born in America or naturalized. There is only one little, tiny, difference. You have to be born in the USA to be inaugurated as President (and by implication) and Vice-President. Otherwise, there is no difference (unless you live in Arizona where you have to carry citizenship papers with you in case you meet up with a Law Enforcement Officer).

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-23-2013 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: I forgot to wear my tin foil hat while typing.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:45 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
For example in Mexico's constitution Chapter 2, Article 30, paragraph 2, states that you are a Mexican by birth if born on foreign territory, sons or daughters of Mexican parents born in national territory.
Because they were born in this country. Just like you.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
There in lies the problem, I made a factual statement that a child born to an EWI, while in detention for said EWI, that child is not born a US Citizen since they have never resided within the US. Anything else you have attempted to argue has nothing to do with my statement.
And as has been demonstrated by multiple other participants in this thread, you are wrong.

That you dishonestly tried to defend the error by claiming a SCOTUS footnote said something that it did not say is merely the despicable icing on your disreputable cake.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I have yet to equivocate.
You have done nothing else for the last several posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies