Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,760,768 times

Advertisements

This is a dumb thread. So long as we are entagled abroad and battling a multifront "war on terror" people will die no matte which side is in power. Given that Bush launched a war of choice, the partisan angle seems hypocritical.

Blood is on all our hands for the people and approaches we have all supported. Singling out Obama or liberals is just blatant political opportunism....how surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
I understand you are just following your party, but Obama inherited a mess. We are out of Iraq and will be Afghanistan. Not so easy to clean up after a disaster as you would like to think. But you are a good republican.
1.) We're not "out" of Iraq. There still are thousands of troops there, and we will maintain a permanent presence there stationed at the $1 BILLION embassy that your taxes built.

2.) We only withdrew troops because we were KICKED OUT due to an agreement the Bush administration signed. Obama wanted to keep them there longer, but the Iraqis said hell no.

3.) We will have troops in Afghanistan until 2024 at least. Obama signs agreement to keep US troops in Afghanistan until 2024 - Video on NBCNews.com

4.) I'm not a Republican. Repeat--I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN. I am a libertarian who is a member of no political party.

Educate yourself.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
This is a dumb thread. So long as we are entagled abroad and battling a multifront "war on terror" people will die no matte which side is in power. Given that Bush launched a war of choice, the partisan angle seems hypocritical.

Blood is on all our hands for the people and approaches we have all supported. Singling out Obama or liberals is just blatant political opportunism....again.
Obama's wars of choice include Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and escalating Afghanistan (1500 dead Americans since 2009). He has also given your tax money to the al Qaeda "rebels" in Syria.

My point is that Obama is no different whatsoever from Bush.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,297 times

All in a days work!

Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Obama's wars of choice include Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, and escalating Afghanistan (1500 dead Americans since 2009). He has also given your tax money to the al Qaeda "rebels" in Syria.

My point is that Obama is no different whatsoever from Bush.

The difference, rebeldor, is that there were no boots on the ground any country except Iraq and Afghanistan. The rest, except for natural disaster coordination under Obama, there is little difference between him and Bush.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
When you roll in the dirt then some of it will get on you. What was the father doing having his 16 yr old son in such a dangerous environment? What was the father doing there?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When you roll in the dirt then some of it will get on you. What was the father doing having his 16 yr old son in such a dangerous environment? What was the father doing there?

Dad apparently had ties to at least three attacks planned or carried out on U.S. soil. Busy man. It cost him his own, and his son's life. One more dead terrorist.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Nope. This is my real screen name and my first account.

I don't attack people; I attack STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE. If you don't think killing a 16 year-old American kid--who had nothing to do with terrorism--isn't sickening and revolting, you are worthless human being. The poster to whom I responded felt that way.
How do you know he had nothing to do with terrorists? His father was one. I can say that he was there to become a martyr and i am just as right as you.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I am disappointed president Obama did not tell the financiers and oil monopolists to drop dead and summarily withdraw American Troops and anyone that wanted to come along as soon as he was elected in 2008. We should not have any involvement in the Middle East at all. We have more to lose than win in any of those current or future conflicts.

As far as the accidental deaths, they were not directly targeted, are concerned, it is a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is a callus but realistic response.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
I read about that this morning. I didn't know that the military was not involved. This is a CIA and White House thing.
No wonder the President's Hit List is secret now and Congress has been told "No you can't see it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies