Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 11:18 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,667,069 times

Advertisements

I think in general, men have always been threatened by a woman’s sexuality. It’s a weak spot for us, and advantage for them. Whether a woman exploits it or not, the fact that it’s there is bothersome for many males. We have always been taught that we are the dominant ones and now we are seeing area’s where we are not, and many feel threatened. Maybe it’s due to our naturally frail ego’s. Sex is our weakness. You can say it’s not, but it’s our gender that predominately pays for sex. We pay for woman’s company. We pay to see them nude. We act more on our urges than woman as well. Many male fantasies perfect world is money and woman. This glaring weakness creates an irrational desire to belittle and disrespect. This is why men are praised for sexual conquests, while woman are belittled for it. Another issue, particularly in the US, is that we demonize sex. I believe this is why we have some of the highest sex crimes in the world. Countries that embrace sex more freely have fewer pedophiles, rapists, etc. Demonizing it may have started with the religious head’s. Male figures who felt threatened by woman’s sexuality. I’m sure to draw venom from my fellow males, but I’m just calling it like I see it. I’m not saying we are inferior to woman. I just think this one area that can and has on occasion been exploited creates insecure or irrational behavior. Behavior that is disrespectful to woman. Then throw in a couple of bad apples (woman who cry false rape, etc) and you’ve extrapolated the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,770,545 times
Sounds like **** whos getting an abortion a day seeking to justify her own self loathing behaviour

Old 05-23-2013, 12:51 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,556,521 times
Why do men seem to have to jump through a series of hoops in order to seduce a woman when all a woman has to do to a man is asK?

Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM

1,137 posts, read 968,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Why do some people have the view that women have less value depending on how many men they sleep with/if they sell their bodies stripping/if they walk around in skimpy clothing/if they're asexual/even if they've been raped?

Why do some people think that sex crimes are ever the victim's fault in any way whatsoever?

These people are disrespecting women. How do we get rid of them? Would re-education camps with electric shocks for immoral views work

If a person is not attracted to a woman who has been with 400 dudes, that's fine and it makes sense...or if she's been having an abortion a day, or fifty kids, I would say it's acceptable to view her as a lesser person...

but the only business a woman's sexuality is, is the woman's and those who care about her or want to get into a relationship with her.

The only reason someone should ever be angered at a woman who appears "slutty" is out of concern for her safety and happiness.

Note that responses from people with inferior moralities shall be insulted, vigorously

How should society best go about ridding itself of the idea that there are certain women with less value than other women, depending on their level of promiscuity?

These people may encourage the view that rape/sexual assault is acceptable in certain instances. These people may be pressuring women not to aggressively report men who have attacked them, by encouraging the view that they're worth less.

Far too many sex crimes happen to women. We must destroy views that encourage such things. How best would one go about doing that?

How about we just treat them like the mental cases they truly are?

Quote:
Study: Women 40 Percent More Likely To Develop Mental Illness Than Men

There is a gender gap for mental illness, with females being up to 40 percent more likely to develop some type of mental health condition than their male counterparts.

Entire article
You sound lonely lol.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:03 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,614,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I live in the most secular place in North America. I have NEVER met a man who gave a damn how many lovers I had prior to meeting him.
Why would a guy ruin his chances by bringing that up ?

I care about it, but there's no way in hell I'd bring it up; I mean you'd have to be some kind of idiot to do that.

Last edited by le roi; 05-23-2013 at 02:28 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,614,567 times
Quote:
We should think about why we judge people harshly
Okay, well, it's pretty simple to me. A woman judging a man as a companion has no reason to screen out promiscuous men. All his promiscuity indicates is that he's an attractive, socially superior man who can bed many women, which is very rare, and an indication of his value and social status.

Flip the genders around, and the reverse is not true. Promiscuity among women is no indication of social superiority, because of the ease with which an unattractive woman can find sexual partners. It is not a 'test of reproductive fitness' the same way as it is for men.

The only difficult question to answer is: Why do men, generally speaking, prefer not to commit to promiscuous women? Obviously it's an indicator of completely different personality traits vis-a-vis men, but clearly men have instincts to avoid committing to promiscuous women. It exists too pervasively across too many societies to pretend it is cultural.

Last edited by le roi; 05-23-2013 at 02:28 PM..

Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,256,441 times
Quote:
Sounds like **** whos getting an abortion a day seeking to justify her own self loathing behaviour

Quote:
How about we just treat them like the mental cases they truly are?
Heh. Women scare you, don't they?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,655,314 times
I think we should, yes.

Particularly in music...urban rap.

Some of what is said is pretty horrible.

'these girls clapping, and they ain't using hands...'

it's like, really?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:47 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,770,545 times
Yes, Butchy western feminists scare me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Heh. Women scare you, don't they?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:50 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,457,910 times
Quote:
No I didn't.

This:
Why do some people have the view that women have less value depending on how many men they sleep with/if they sell their bodies stripping/if they walk around in skimpy clothing/if they're asexual/even if they've been raped?

does not necessarily mean having fifty kids or regular abortions...although I should have written fifty fatherless kids.
Yes you did. You think that women shouldn't be judge on their sexual prowess.

Then you state "yes they should be judged if their sexual prowess results in an outcome I don't approve of."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies