Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 12:13 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Women should have dignity and self respect.
Of course, and that has nothing to do with this topic, necessarily.

Think about this:

If we confine dignity and self respect to what our view of dignity and self respect means then that coerces people into behaving how we want them to behave. I view that as a manipulative concept. I respect people greatly more, who ignore what others view as dignity and self respect, but rather maintain what they feel to be dignity and self respect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well if you find it amusing, you must be awfully easy to please, but I am not sure many see your point or share your views. Anyway it was kind of an interesting thread to wake up to and made me smile.. I love a good laugh in the morning to get the day started.
Which anyone reasonable would agree is a positive trait....

Some people claim that women are being pressured to not report sex crimes because society will oust them.
Also, there will probably be fewer sex crimes if women behave more carefully.

Therefore, ridiculing women who are careless with their bodies and romantic behaviors protects them, but may harm them if a crime happens to them. They may be ashamed of it, and I think we can all agree that's ridiculous.

We walk a razor edge between parasites who think eh, she deserved it, and the lack of some common sense knowledge that there are risks from certain behaviors. The solution, as usual, I think is the middle ground, which is therefore, to simply think about why we do certain things we do. Are we mocking a woman dresses in skimpy clothing because we're worried about her somehow, or because it's genuinely harming us or society, or are we mocking that woman because we want to feel better about ourselves? I think the people who mock that woman because they're worried about her may be decent people, (as may be the people who encourage her...unless they're doing it for selfish reasons) but the people who mock that woman to feel better about themselves are parasites.

Maybe our society should remind itself that there are dangers, but society should also remember what is responsible for those dangers, and it's not certain women. Some might say it's not certain men either, but rather things that call themselves men.

I would be far more honored by getting kissed by Aiden the stripper (who has an excellent sense of humor, by the way, and who never had any dancing experience before they told her to just start flipping around like an Olympic gymnast) than I would be by dating a virgin businesswoman who started a billion dollar company, yet is supremely respectful and masterfully tactful and has the I.Q. of Stephen Hawking, and yet feminine and would never dream of flirting with someone she wasn't considering marrying, if that genius woman did it all to impress others, by the way. I don't understand why anyone would feel differently, either...but that's their business.

Last edited by Clintone; 06-04-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
Because quite often they are, and the woman is only playing victim in order to empower herself.

Also, if you wear a short skirt and flirt all the time, then you only have yourself to blame.

We all make our choices, and so must deal with the consequences.
Hey Kenneth...I'm sorry I called you a parasite. What you think may not affect your actions. I was trying to force you to follow my morality, and I've been ranting against that exact thing...and claiming to have greater respect for people who don't let society guide their views...and that was wrong.

You do, however, have exceptional skill at times, at driving people into fits of apoplectic rage. Feel free to gratuitously insult me sometime too.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:27 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Bacailly it just a case of wanting to be treated equal and some do and other don't like that.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bacailly it just a case of wanting to be treated equal and some do and other don't like that.
Women and men are not equal...much of the time. The key is to figure out what is right on average for each sex, and then remember that people frequently cross those boundaries.

My younger sister is a biologist who has been bitten by a spider doing research in Panama, where they drank rainwater and played soccer with the natives. The spider bite swelled up quite large....She's been bitten by a young sea lion doing sea lion rescues. She's done research on dolphins. She's living with a family who's daughter is also doing sea lion rescues now.

She likes to go out and have fun with people...both men and women. She's a smart woman though. Her friends refer to her as mother hen because she'll chase off the guys who try to get her female friends to go home with them. Someone put something in her drink once...some drug that makes you pass out, but she was with her pals, so they took her home....strength in numbers. She's quite pretty too.

Many of her female friends think she's quite brave. I am very proud of her.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:52 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
We should be more respectful towards many people. Many men treat women like crap, many women treat men like crap. Many kids treat their parents like crap, and vice versa. Young folks treat the elderly like crap and the old folks treat the young like crap.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Why do some people have the view that women have less value depending on how many men they sleep with/if they sell their bodies stripping/if they walk around in skimpy clothing/if they're asexual/even if they've been raped?

Why do some people think that sex crimes are ever the victim's fault in any way whatsoever?

These people are disrespecting women. How do we get rid of them? Would re-education camps with electric shocks for immoral views work

If a person is not attracted to a woman who has been with 400 dudes, that's fine and it makes sense...or if she's been having an abortion a day, or fifty kids, I would say it's acceptable to view her as a lesser person...

but the only business a woman's sexuality is, is the woman's and those who care about her or want to get into a relationship with her.

The only reason someone should ever be angered at a woman who appears "slutty" is out of concern for her safety and happiness.

Note that responses from people with inferior moralities shall be insulted, vigorously

How should society best go about ridding itself of the idea that there are certain women with less value than other women, depending on their level of promiscuity?

These people may encourage the view that rape/sexual assault is acceptable in certain instances. These people may be pressuring women not to aggressively report men who have attacked them, by encouraging the view that they're worth less.

Far too many sex crimes happen to women. We must destroy views that encourage such things. How best would one go about doing that?
while i agree with your post, i would go one step further, and say that we should be respectful of EVERYBODY in society.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:45 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,195,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Ramble much?
If it is rambling about something important that needs to be addressed, I will not only forgive it, but welcome it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies