Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 AM

28,884 posts, read 30,136,994 times

Advertisements

Fired KMOV anchor Larry Conners defends Facebook comments about IRS : Lifestyles

this only proves how the liberal media has definately created Obama, for they're very own agenda...
I hope this infuriates the people, and they hound this news station with letters of displeasure, shock and disapproval for firing this man and for violating our freedom of speech, If I were Larry Conners, I'd sue them, and I'm not at all in favor of suing ...excuse me, I have a letter to write...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,237,900 times
Well it does sound kinda fishy that the IRS changed their tune and put a lien on his home after the interview.
What better agency to get your revenge than the IRS ?

Old 05-23-2013, 09:06 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
If you take the King's (the news station) shilling you are the King's man. Cross the station's policy and defy the editor and, like any other private business, they will show you the door. Businesses are not republics or democracies. They are dictatorships plain and simple.

If you are going to fight the IRS you need to get a good size fortune and a better lawyer.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 AM

11,080 posts, read 10,644,681 times
Having lived in St. Louis off and on for 25 years, and having had the chance to meet Mr. Conners several times during that time frame, I have to say that I think KMOV did themselves a great disservice by dismissing him so summarily. While he was a conservative in the midst of a sea of liberals, he did a great job of reporting the news in an unbiased manner, with few exceptions.

The strategy of forcing him to read a prepared statement without having the opportunity to edit or expand upon it was underhanded, to say the least.

Replacing him with Steve Savard is just adding insult to injury. I've had dealings with Mr. Savard in the past, and while on screen he comes across as moderately friendly, in person he came across as an unmitigated ass.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:18 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,408,815 times
His firing comes after a series of events that began when Conners implied in the May 13 Facebook post that he may have been targeted by the IRS after interviewing President Barack Obama in 2012. In that interview, Conners questioned Obama's travel expenditures.

Fired KMOV anchor Larry Conners defends Facebook comments about IRS : Lifestyles

ST. LOUIS: KMOV fires Larry Conners after Facebook comments about IRS | Metro-east news | News Democrat

KMOV’s Larry Conners Fired Over Facebook Comments « CBS St. Louis

Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,528,609 times
Who cares about a old reporter from St. Louis? Be "scurred"! Obama is coming for you!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,408,815 times
but taking a personal political position on one of the Station’s Facebook pages creates an appearance of bias that is inconsistent with important journalistic standards.

Larry-Conners-no-longer-with-KMOV-208543991.html

Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
His firing comes after a series of events that began when Conners implied in the May 13 Facebook post that he may have been targeted by the IRS after interviewing President Barack Obama in 2012. In that interview, Conners questioned Obama's travel expenditures.

ST. LOUIS: KMOV fires Larry Conners after Facebook comments about IRS | Metro-east news | News Democrat

KMOV’s Larry Conners Fired Over Facebook Comments « CBS St. Louis
so what, I post on my facebook a lot about how displeased I am with Obama....
this is a disgrace....this station needs to be made to be embarrassed....
however, maybe they did Conners a favor, and now, since he is fired, perhaps a whole lot more will come out....hmmmmm, all things happen for a reason... but I'm still writing the station...how dare they...oh, and this only proves how the liberal media certainly DOES have an agenda....

Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Having lived in St. Louis off and on for 25 years, and having had the chance to meet Mr. Conners several times during that time frame, I have to say that I think KMOV did themselves a great disservice by dismissing him so summarily. While he was a conservative in the midst of a sea of liberals, he did a great job of reporting the news in an unbiased manner, with few exceptions.

The strategy of forcing him to read a prepared statement without having the opportunity to edit or expand upon it was underhanded, to say the least.

Replacing him with Steve Savard is just adding insult to injury. I've had dealings with Mr. Savard in the past, and while on screen he comes across as moderately friendly, in person he came across as an unmitigated ass.
They did themselves a disservice in proving to the public, how liberal they are, how corrupt they are, and they're agenda....

Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,071,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

this only proves how the liberal media has definately created Obama, for they're very own agenda...
I hope this infuriates the people, and they hound this news station with letters of displeasure, shock and disapproval for firing this man and for violating our freedom of speech, If I were Larry Conners, I'd sue them, and I'm not at all in favor of suing ...excuse me, I have a letter to write...

LOL...love how the "free market" and "small business" are now the bad guys when something doesn't go the RWNJ's way. Mr. Conners may indeed have a point, however to express it in that way especially in being in a media industry, and being a media veteran who knows how optics can be played out should have known better. Mr. Conners employment is at will, and he himself jeopardized his own employment.

Should the station have restricted him on certain stories and reporting? Maybe, could have and probably would have been teh best over all solution. But as they say...be prepared to get fixed if you're the squeaky wheel, not just greased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies