Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:49 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times

Advertisements

I assume you speak the same way about the hecklers that interrupt Republicans and throw things at people when they're speaking on college campuses? I'll say this person showed little class, will you condemn those on the other side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Today, speaking before the National Defense University, President Obama spoke eloquently about terrorism. His ideas, vision, and policy were supreme as usual. While speaking, the President of the United States was interrupted by a heckler, a woman hysterical and passionate in her opposition to the very superior sentiments and ideas being expressed by the President. True to his nature, he allowed her to voice her views, respecting her right to free speech. He disagreed with her position but allowed her to interrupt his speech to do so.

She, likely another misguided Republican, who in the same vein as Arizona's Governor Jan Brewer, can't muster up the proper level of respect and poise to respect the leader of the free world, while she makes a fool of herself with an inferior, misinformed view. The President again exemplified what separates him from the Republicans who irrationally oppose him just because, by acknowledging her viewpoint, stating he disagrees and why, then continuing with his message. No wonder Republicans FEAR the success they know this man can bring if he has his way. President Obama represents the beginning of the end to Republican politics.

We are fortunate to have this great man at the helm.

Heckler repeatedly interrupts Obama speech - NBC Politics
How do you know she wasn't a plant by the administration to try to show something counter to the intimidation narrative from the IRS story and the media investigations?

Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Today, speaking before the National Defense University, President Obama spoke eloquently about terrorism. His ideas, vision, and policy were supreme as usual. While speaking, the President of the United States was interrupted by a heckler, a woman hysterical and passionate in her opposition to the very superior sentiments and ideas being expressed by the President. True to his nature, he allowed her to voice her views, respecting her right to free speech. He disagreed with her position but allowed her to interrupt his speech to do so.

She, likely another misguided Republican, who in the same vein as Arizona's Governor Jan Brewer, can't muster up the proper level of respect and poise to respect the leader of the free world, while she makes a fool of herself with an inferior, misinformed view. The President again exemplified what separates him from the Republicans who irrationally oppose him just because, by acknowledging her viewpoint, stating he disagrees and why, then continuing with his message. No wonder Republicans FEAR the success they know this man can bring if he has his way. President Obama represents the beginning of the end to Republican politics.

Long on rhetoric, short on action. He talks a good game, thanks to his teleprompter, but he can't run a country to save his life. He may sound good giving a speech, but his true character is proven by his words about the way this country is being run - "uh, I didn't know. Nobody told me. I never asked. I just found out."

But I get it. Media Matters must have put the word out for Obama's foot soldiers to get the word out about how great he is.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Another laudatory ode to Obama from LexusNexus who has man-love for our President.

Long on prose, short on substance.

As usual.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:

She's a Code Pinker - a complete lefty kook. Wrong again...........

Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
C-D has just been the victim of a drive by blubberring

Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,267 times
Most here know that I am no fan of President Obama. That said, he is the President of The United States; I do not abide anyone, right, left, what-have-you, interrupting him. I would have told the cackling old crow to belt up. The people attending that assembly came to hear the President and not her. I hope she gets charged with disorderly conduct.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
He may be at the helm but he has no clue what the crew is doing or where they are going.
Walmart is the third largest employer in the world. Do you think Mike Duke, Walmart's CEO has a clue what his 2.3 million employees are doing at any given time?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
I would call out anyone in the public arena who acts like a classless idiot. Left or right. The wackjob cop screaming about "hussein " being obamas middle name for example. Or palin propping up children for more ratings and a gig on reality trash tv.

Anyone who gets a trash tv show needs to be shown the door, this country has serious economic and infrastructure issues, trump and their ilk need to be muzzled, it is a disgrace to the US and makes us a souce of ridicule, globally.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:26 PM

7,501 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:

I just spit my milk all over the restaurant! Awesome post and funny as hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies