Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:24 AM

17,388 posts, read 11,910,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
In case you think Rosen was motivated by some noble cause, according to information in the warrant Rosen's goal in getting access to the classified information was to get a jump on the other news sources, ie personnel gain.
In case you thought Rosen was committing acts of high treason, he was working on a 2009 story about how North Korea was expected to react to a U.N. Security Council resolution criticizing the rogue nation’s nuclear tests. Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, then an analyst working for the State Department, allegedly leaked a report about what North Korea was thought likely to do.

If that's the case, I guess I can have my records seized, too. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know how Korea would react - they'd act all pissed off, saber rattle, then retreat. Rinse and repeat. NOT a matter of national security, not matter how you slice it. A bigger threat to our security was Dennis Rodman meeting with the North Koreans. Why wasn't he dragged in and accused of espionage? I'm sure HE had information about what they were thinking at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 10:07 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,209,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
1. Because he's funny.
2. He has as much (if not more) credibility as all the other "stars" that are "experts" and revered by the liberal Hollywood loving crowd that are regularly trotted out for their "expert analysis". Just look at Sally Struthers, Sean Penn etc.
I've never found him funny, so that's just your opinion.
What stars have credibility.
And, sad to say, I don't think Dennis Miller has star status.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:44 AM

1,137 posts, read 969,020 times
Holder has passed Janet Reno as the all time worst AG this country has ever seen.

He is nothing but an incompetent racist who belongs in prison for the rest of his pathetic life.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:49 AM

398 posts, read 816,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I've never found him funny, so that's just your opinion.
What stars have credibility.
And, sad to say, I don't think Dennis Miller has star status.
That's okay. We feel the same way about Jon Stewart.
Holder does look like Steadman...that is funny that Miller has pointed that out. Miller is neighbors with Steadman.
Holder probably wishes he was Steadman at this point. Steadman is polite and keeps his business to himself. Holder could learn some ethics from Steadman.
Hope Steadman does not find it offensive that Holder looks like him. Would not want to ruin a nice persons reputation.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:52 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,504,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
That's okay. We feel the same way about Jon Stewart.
Holder does look like Steadman...that is funny that Miller has pointed that out. Miller is neighbors with Steadman.
Holder probably wishes he was Steadman at this point. Steadman is polite and keeps his business to himself. Holder could learn some ethics from Steadman.
Hope Steadman does not find it offensive that Holder looks like him. Would not want to ruin a nice persons reputation.
Greg Gutfeld is hilarious too!!

He called the press Obama's Scandal Condom!! LOL

Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,824,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
In case you thought Rosen was committing acts of high treason, he was working on a 2009 story about how North Korea was expected to react to a U.N. Security Council resolution criticizing the rogue nation’s nuclear tests. Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, then an analyst working for the State Department, allegedly leaked a report about what North Korea was thought likely to do.

If that's the case, I guess I can have my records seized, too. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know how Korea would react - they'd act all pissed off, saber rattle, then retreat. Rinse and repeat. NOT a matter of national security, not matter how you slice it. A bigger threat to our security was Dennis Rodman meeting with the North Koreans. Why wasn't he dragged in and accused of espionage? I'm sure HE had information about what they were thinking at the time.
I read the warrant, so need to give me the background. I never said Rosen committed High Treason, nor was Rosen ever charged with a crime.

If there was evidence that you published classified information after meeting with someone who had access to the classified information then I would expect the agency charged with investigating improper disclosure of classified information to investigate.

There is a difference in speculating what North Korea might do and publishing the exact details of what they are going to do and saying that the information came for a CIA source in North Korea.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,892,015 times
They should kill Eric Holder... put him down.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:43 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,824,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Holder has passed Janet Reno as the all time worst AG this country has ever seen.

He is nothing but an incompetent racist who belongs in prison for the rest of his pathetic life.
Holder has a long long way to go to match John Mitchell.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,895,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Greg Gutfeld is hilarious too!!

He called the press Obama's Scandal Condom!! LOL
^^^^^^^^^ Gutfeld happens to be on right now, try to watch The Five every day. Gutfeld says things that many people think but are afraid to actually say.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:46 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,504,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
^^^^^^^^^ Gutfeld happens to be on right now, try to watch The Five every day. Gutfeld says things that many people think but are afraid to actually say.
He and Miller are geniuses!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies