Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 02:50 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,149 times

Advertisements

Wow, a lot of really bigoted posts on here. Why are people so offended by gays? Isn't because they can't accept people who are different from themselves?

Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM

805 posts, read 1,161,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1212343 View Post
The rise in homosexuality is the result of the birth control pills that their mothers have taken for decades prior to conception, RBGH hormones in food sources and the promotion of homosexual media propaganda. A guy who behaves like a girl is not normal, end of story.
Being gay does not have anything to do with "behaving like a girl". It merely refers to one's sexual orientation (are they attracted to members of the same sex, the opposite sex, or both?).

And, what difference does it make if something is normal or not? Just because something is normal doesn't mean it is right and just because something is abnormal doesn't make it wrong either.

Also, what does "behaving like a girl" mean anyways? Not all girls behave alike and not all guys behave alike either.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Sexual preference is not a protected class. It is a set of behaviors. Regardless, Scouting remains a private organization and has the option (sadly unchosen at the moment) to disallow membership based upon sexual choice as per a Supreme Court ruling.

Protected class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Boy Scouts of America v. Dale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That is true. The scouts won this the last time.

The difference to me is that there are only 3 out of 10 units that are possible for Gays to join. This is the issue to me. There is not enough of options for gay would-be scouts, closeted scouts or questioning scouts to enter a unit that would be accepting of this, rather than religious organization backed troops which are historically anti-gay.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:59 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_the_facts View Post
Wow, a lot of really bigoted posts on here. Why are people so offended by gays? Isn't because they can't accept people who are different from themselves?
I don't believe anyone is offended at all by gays. Maybe they are just tired of hearing about such a small segment of our population and there sexual preferences.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:01 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
It's late, they are both going to sleep.....you kid wakes up, shaves his legs, and he is a she.....taking a walk on the wild side....WTF!!!!!

The ignorance exressed on this thread is phenomenal. Homosexuality isn't "catching".

Old 05-24-2013, 03:03 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,259,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why would the boy scouts take sexual orientation into consideration for any member and why would any potential boy scout bring it up?
But at the end of the day its up to them how they run it.
I agree. If they really wanted to do something positive they could simply drop any reference to sexual orientation - member or leader - from their regulations and draft rules stating that sexuality isn't to be discussed during scouting events.

Would I be uncomfortable with a gay scout leader taking his boyfriend on a campout with the scout troop? Sure. But no more uncomfortable than a heterosexual scout leader taking his girlfriend.

I don't have a son, but if I did and he wanted to be a boy scout I'd expect him to come home and tell me what he's learned about birds and bees, not THE birds and THE bees.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,259,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
I don't believe anyone is offended at all by gays. Maybe they are just tired of hearing about such a small segment of our population and there sexual preferences.
Meanwhile I'm tired of hearing about the large segment of our population that doesn't know there from their.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
I find it very interesting living in a dying empire.
I find it very amusing watching befuddled old men losing their grip on power.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that if the LGBT community didn't have to fight and struggle just to be recognized as equal, deserving of the same legal rights as the straight community, we would probably hear very little about them?

If allowing boys to participate in the BSA regardless of who they are had been the norm, we wouldn't be here today debating the issue.

The same thing with same gender marriage - once it becomes legal in every state, then the need to debate it should be over (although I suspect there will still be a rather small, bigoted segment of our population who will continue to whine and gnash their teeth over it - but since they are a dying breed - literally - that will happen less and less).

So, YAY! Good for the BSA for this change in policy. The fight will continue, though, until reasonable heads prevail and gay leaders are allowed.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I find it very amusing watching befuddled old men losing their grip on power.

Example of the tolerant liberal.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Just shows you that liberals are only tolerant toward those that agree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies