Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 07:18 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
So, you're knowingly signing a fraudulent form.

Looks like it's your bad.
I guess it makes more sense to not do business with the IRS and not sign the form, since I'm not forced to sign any form, right?

But, I guess if I'm innocent I have nothing to hide and I should just shut up and sign, even if I made a mistake. There will be no financial repercussions if I made a mistake, correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 07:19 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
Opening remarks do not include explaining your side of the story then refusing to answer any questions that would be considered a "cross examination".

show me the rules of "opening remarks" before a Congressional heraing...

A consgressional hearng is not a trail. Representitives can question...not cross examine.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:20 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What happens if you do not sign the form as a taxpayer? I take it my taxes are happily accepted and my problems go away, but let me know if I'm wrong.
I sign forms like that in our mortgage process, for the water bill, and any contract that says "to the best of my knowledge I affirm this is correct." Sometimes it does turn out to be incorrect, we find the reason it is incorrect, and fix the error.

If you sign a contract that some one knows is wrong, or that they have no intention of keeping, with any entity I guess it could be self incrimination...but then why would anyone with any integrity sign that in the first place?

Why is it a violation of your rights when the IRS does it, but everyone else it's perfectly fine?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I sign forms like that in our mortgage process, for the water bill, and any contract that says "to the best of my knowledge I affirm this is correct." Sometimes it does turn out to be incorrect, we find the reason it is incorrect, and fix the error.
Cool, so I can opt out of doing business with the IRS just like I can opt out of getting a mortgage or getting city sewer/water, correct?

Quote:
If you sign a contract that some one knows is wrong, or that they have no intention of keeping, with any entity I guess it could be self incrimination...but then why would anyone with any integrity sign that in the first place?

Why is it a violation of your rights when the IRS does it, but everyone else it's perfectly fine?
Because the IRS gives you no choice but to sign. You are an obligatory "customer" of theirs.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:22 AM

Lemme ask a question: other than hiding gold and other assets in an undisclosed location, what means do I have to protect my assets legally during arbitration with the IRS vs. any other institution I sign with? Can a financial institution or any other vendor I voluntarily do business with so readily garnish wages or physically seize assets before a legal judgment?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:23 AM

Quote:
I guess it makes more sense to not do business with the IRS and not sign the form, since I'm not forced to sign any form, right?

But, I guess if I'm innocent I have nothing to hide and I should just shut up and sign, even if I made a mistake. There will be no financial repercussions if I made a mistake, correct?
Is there a difference in signing a form which you swear is correct and truthful and signing a form which you know you did not comply with the law???

You have the right not to file, You can work and live "under the table"...

Old 05-24-2013, 07:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
What happens if you do not sign the form as a taxpayer? I take it my taxes are happily accepted and my problems go away, but let me know if I'm wrong.
Well if you know your taxes are wrong, then I suggest doing them correctly before signing it.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well if you know your taxes are wrong, then I suggest doing them correctly before signing it.
Or just not sign anything until I correct the problem, even if it's after April 15, correct? Plus, if the error is unintentional, there is no financial penalty or fees associated with error, correct? At least, it must go through a complicated legal system of arbitration just like any other claim with a private entity. Meaning, the IRS must sue me and my assets are not to be touched until judgment is rendered, correct?

Quote:
It's much fairer to have a progressive income tax requiring 23,000 pages and personal correspondence of interns in order to satisfy an audit than to have a flat tax.
showing a stack of papers is ridiculous. What part pertains to you???

How many of those 23,000 pages do you use to file your returns. how many forms do you have to fill out???

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
The IRS has plenty of provisions for correcting a mistake in either direction. It also has almost enough auditors and lawyers to prosecute deliberate fraud. When I sign my tax forms I read the "to the best of my knowledge..." part and effectively swear this form is true and not fraudulent. if you cheat on your taxes and they use your sworn signature as evidence too damn bad.

Tax cheats are just like any other thieves except the cheaters use pens instead of guns. The money you saved by cheating makes me pay more. I do not like that at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies