Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 02:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The "War on Terror" is a perfect war for the suppliers of men, weapons and technology. They make all the money and never have to risk stopping a bullet. They spend our money and get rich. That is the American Way.

IMHO we should remove our troops, our aid and ourselves from the Middle East and Africa from Mauritania to Afghanistan. Let those bastards fight it our without our help or hindrance. We can take the money we save and rebuild our country for the 21st century instead of being mired in the 20th.

BTW - Try calling the French soldiers cowards at a Foreign Legion reunion. Be prepared to run.
Hired merc army is going to fight me for insulting France? LOL

Yeah when is the next reunion I'd like to hear about it. What jail will it be held at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 02:30 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Our Commander in chief claims the war is over. Political desires don't match national security. The security of a nation and it's people "must" come first. The president is just manipulating the words to pander to his base and his base is willingly going along at the expense of our safety and for the benefit of Obama. Benghazi was an example of the left being more concerned with the Obama presidency and legacy than American lives. Semantics are not going to keep us safe.

Obama is more worried about his legacy than the lives of the American people.

Last edited by eRayP; 05-24-2013 at 02:43 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
From his speech yesterday...........

"Today, the core of al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan is on the path to defeat. Their remaining operatives spend more time thinking about their own safety than plotting against us. They did not direct the attacks in Benghazi or Boston. They’ve not carried out a successful attack on our homeland since 9/11."

Dear leader tells us all that there is no AQ doing any of this stuff. Just more workplace violence I guess.
But here useful idiots is the really big threat to your safety that we must crack down on..........

"And finally, we face a real threat from radicalized individuals here in the United States. Whether it’s a shooter at a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin, a plane flying into a building in Texas, or the extremists who killed 168 people at the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, America has confronted many forms of violent extremism in our history. Deranged or alienated individuals — often U.S. citizens or legal residents — can do enormous damage, particularly when inspired by larger notions of violent jihad. And that pull towards extremism appears to have led to the shooting at Fort Hood and the bombing of the Boston Marathon. "

Bill Clinton is that you? The green light has just been given to AQ. They will come calling just like on 9-11. Obama stands with the muslims.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/us...anted=all&_r=0

THANK YOU!

Thank You for this fine example of baseless, inane, hyperbolic RWNJ BS

Old 05-24-2013, 02:49 PM

Obama's speech was highly partisan and had more to do with domestic politics, protecting himself.

With Obama declaring that the US war on terror as over what effect do you think that will have on the terrorists overseas? Al-Qaeda declared war on the west, on the U.S. 15 yrs ago while other terrorist groups followed suit. When terrorist continue fighting and we surrender, how can you judge the outcome of the war any other way except we are not safe and the US has lost?

Obama is "reshaping" America's image, and there is no doubt that the Islamic world will take note of the weakness that Obama is projecting.

I don't know, I thought Obama supporters were bigger and badder than that. I didn't realize they were wimps and would so easily and willingly wave the white flag in defeat. Obviously I was wrong. I wish that he was right but anyone with common sense knows he is "dead wrong". The question is, what innocent lives will be lost next?

Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
I expect the OP has all his bullets and guns all ready for this war! Yeah!!

Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I would rather over prepare then be blind and unprepared.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:15 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I would rather over prepare then be blind and unprepared.
Then stock up baby, a war is coming your direction! Yeah baby!!! Shoot'em up time is coming!!

Old 05-24-2013, 03:31 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,155 times
I wish anyone of you who claim that Obama said the war on terror is over could quote his words from that speech. Here is one line to get you started.
"First, we must finish the work of defeating al Qaeda and its associated forces."
Some how when I read this it didn't translate to "the war on terror is over".
Bill Mahr is right. Nothing gets through the bubble. I have no love of this administration but when you partisan zombies post this nonsense any possibility of allowing you credibility just flies right out the window.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Then stock up baby, a war is coming your direction! Yeah baby!!! Shoot'em up time is coming!!
lol, I hope not but it's better to be aware and ready then blind and unprepared.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:29 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
He will be taking his laptop and reporting to the front lines shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies