Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:08 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I agree and will add "paper or plastic". I remember when the liberals were all whining about how many trees ARE CUT DOWN IN ORDER TO FILL THE DEMAND FOR paper bags. So we all had to go plastic.

Now the same ones are whining about how plastic bags are bad for the environment.
Never see reusable glass soda bottles anymore either. All plastic. Thanks liberals.

Plastic is one thing we should definately be trying to limit the use of. Liberals are retards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 11:25 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Mostly because they're just horrible people. The filth of humanity really.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:29 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,076 times
I tend to think that instead of being "evil" they are incapable of assessing long term consequenses. . . . ..

I have a very dear, and much loved, cousin who is against cap and trade, because it would make his ranching endevores more costly. . . . .he is an intelligent man, and educated as well, but he seems unable to comprehend the cosequenses for his children and grandchildren!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No. Liberals do though....

Ever heard of a CFC light bulb? they are full of mercury. Liberals got law passed that made them the only bulb you can buy. now they are filling landfills and seeping mercury into the water.

Thank you liberals.

and to think the irony is, they did it in the name of the environment. ugh.
That's nonsense. You just can't manufacture incandescents anymore. You can still buy them. And those who really care about the environment, can purchase LED bulbs.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,134,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Liberals also tend to make government force people to turn over tax money to companies producing electric or hybrid cars, which produce far more pollutants than ordinary high-mileage gasoline cars when their batteries are used, replaced, and recycled.

The dangerous materials and chemicals in the batteries, when produced at production-line volumes, cause far more harm to the environment than either the materials that go into an ordinary gas engine or the exahust from the fuel the gasoline car burns.
While the production of batteries is harmful to the environment, they aren't regularly replaced. Toyota had to replace less than .5% of all hybrid batteries they sold in the US.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
While the production of batteries is harmful to the environment, they aren't regularly replaced. Toyota had to replace less than .5% of all hybrid batteries they sold in the US.

I own a 12 year old Prius that has never yet needed a battery replacement, and runs perfectly (knock on wood). . . .when I purchased it, I made sure I had the funds to replace the battery, if needed, but I have been fortunate. A friend of mine has the same make model year Prius. . . .same story!

Old 05-25-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I tend to think that instead of being "evil" they are incapable of assessing long term consequenses. . . . ..

I have a very dear, and much loved, cousin who is against cap and trade, because it would make his ranching endevores more costly. . . . .he is an intelligent man, and educated as well, but he seems unable to comprehend the cosequenses for his children and grandchildren!
It truly is a case of pay a little more now or a heck of a lot more later. The rational response is to minimize costs and realize that a penny of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You act as if facts matter to little-acorn. My experience is that facts have little to no bearing on his wild spoutings.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Not all conservatives willfully want to destroy the planet. The other day I saw a Church doing community service and picking up trash on the street.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Not all conservatives willfully want to destroy the planet. The other day I saw a Church doing community service and picking up trash on the street.
I am certain that most "conservatives' do not want to "destroy the planet". . . .the problem is that their short term goals conflict with their long term goals, and the "short term" wins out every time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies