Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 11:36 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Please pick one or more from the following list.

1. He didn't know he was suppose to.
2. The media did not inform him he was suppose to.
3. It was not on a Teleprompter.
4. Michele did not tell him he was supposed to.
5. It was a low level IRS person who forgot to tell him he was suppose to.
6. He's not really Commander in Chief, he never asked for that job.
7. OBL is dead, we no longer need the Military
8. His elbow is hurt from all the golf and he was unable.
9. He doesn't salute on Thursdays. That's a Muslim holy day.
10. it slipped his mind...He is Human.

9. Is only believed by racist idiots.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
It's kind of like there are 2 USA's.... One where the pres is a potatoe head, and he has all his spudling taterheads and then there is the rest if us.

Maybe Obama is wounded, and has golfers elbow and can't salute

Old 05-25-2013, 11:41 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I am not outraged but just further shaking my head at him. He throws the Commander-In-Chief title around so much that you would think he'd know basic protocol. Just a little more evidence of how unprofessional he is. That's all.
The Supreme Court held in William Jefferson Clinton v. Paula Corbin Jones, 520 U.S. 681117 S.Ct. 1636137 L.Ed.2d 945, that the President is a civilian position, not a military one. Since it is not a requirement that a President have a military background, there is no reason to expect a President to know military protocol. I am sure he was briefed, but Presidents do not have the advantage of weeks of Boot Camp to drill that military protocol home. Lapses are to be expected from a President with no military background.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The Supreme Court held in William Jefferson Clinton v. Paula Corbin Jones, 520 U.S. 681117 S.Ct. 1636137 L.Ed.2d 945, that the President is a civilian position, not a military one. Since it is not a requirement that a President have a military background, there is no reason to expect a President to know military protocol. I am sure he was briefed, but Presidents do not have the advantage of weeks of Boot Camp to drill that military protocol home. Lapses are to be expected from a President with no military background.
Presidential mishaps...

Reagan declared that Russia was about to be bombed

bush 1 threw up on japan

Clinton ruined a dress

bush 2 dressed up like fighter pilot

obama forgot to salute

Old 05-25-2013, 12:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Yet neither McCain nor Romney were elected. My point being, if they are able to get elected President then they were at least smart enough to say the right things and get the right people around them. No President, regardless of whether they were Republican, Democrat, Whig, Democratic-Republican, or Federalist, can be construed as being stupid. The very fact that they could be elected President contradicts the ridiculous assertion that they are or were stupid.
Your premise is a patently false one, for a number of reasons:

1. It is increasingly a position orchestrated by handlers. A successful campaign has featured decisions mostly made by people other than the presidential candidate. If you were to argue that there are no successful campaign managers who are dumb, I would agree. With the McCain ticket, Palin was as dumb as a post, yet they had some excellent handlers who turned her stupidity into an asset with a large segment of voters.

2. Voters, many times, have selected the less intelligent nominee over his rival. Nixon would have beaten JFK in 1960. We would have had Presidents Adlai Stevenson and Michael Dukakis.

3. One need not be intelligent to understand the value of pandering or of simply meeting the requirements necessary to gain a certain position.

If you were to argue that there are no dummies who ever make it onto the Supreme Court, I would agree, but not when it comes to the presidency...Warren G. Harding, Dubs, Gerald Ford...these were/are not bright bulbs.

Edit: LBJ's description of Gerald Ford, in his own inimitable way: "Gerald Ford can't chew gum and fart at the same time."

Old 05-25-2013, 12:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Ah yes Michael Dukakis the drunken sod of a Mass governor and his as drunken wife Kitty. The good gov who furloughed murder convict willy horten to stab someone to death, so the good governor could write more GUN LAW that good smart Governor.

may someone drive a 1957 Cadillac up his ass. peace be with you

Old 05-25-2013, 12:46 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Except a salute is a sign of respect, a handshake simply indicates a gesture of peace, that "I hold no weapon".

You are explicitly wrong on this. While the definitive origins of a salute are lost to time. A salute is a salutation and a lifting of the visor, from the medival days showing that you are not armed and hold no ill intent or will to engage. A handshake is a friendly gesture that shows kinsmanship.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:49 PM

82 posts, read 92,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
You are explicitly wrong on this. While the definitive origins of a salute are lost to time. A salute is a salutation and a lifting of the visor, from the medival days showing that you are not armed and hold no ill intent or will to engage. A handshake is a friendly gesture that shows kinsmanship.
It's also thanking him for his service and showing respect. Not passing by him without notice like he a Wal-mart greeter chump.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:56 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,466,820 times
I never tire at laughing at the pseudocons and their psychic abilities to know what Obama is thinking. I chalk this one up to haters just gotta hate.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Ah yes Michael Dukakis the drunken sod of a Mass governor and his as drunken wife Kitty. The good gov who furloughed murder convict willy horten to stab someone to death, so the good governor could write more GUN LAW that good smart Governor.

may someone drive a 1957 Cadillac up his ass. peace be with you
Do you really want to go down this road? I could always raise you an alcoholic, coke user president along with a wife who killed someone in a car. Realizing, of course, that furloughing that scary Negro was much worse than a couple wars that needlessly killed hundreds of thousands of people, yes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies