Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 06:45 PM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
Possibly there is an elevated sex drive/libido coupled with a lack of self-control or respect for boundaries and norms. If people had this question answered, there wouldn't be a problem.

Some are perhaps deeply closeted, sexually abused homosexuals. They sometimes have heterosexual marriages or relationships (role modelling is a powerful thing, most people try and do what society expects them to do) but are actually attracted to the same sex. They lack the insight to "come out" to adults (eg, they don't actually believe they are gay, because they are so repressed), so they sexualize minors. It also allows them to dominate an individual and use their power as an adult over them.

In the case of heterosexuals, my guess is that they are secretly mysogynistic and are afraid of mature women (again, they lack insight into their condition, so they can't know why they do what they do), they are attracted to the idealized simplicity of children vs. the complicated nature of women, they want somebody they can dominate and control, so that's why they are attracted to children. Many were sexually abused as children, sometimes by women.

Perhaps there is an element of narcissism or something related to a personality disorder there, an inability to deal with adults coupled with a profound lack of respect for interpersonal boundaries coupled with an inability to think of consequences to actions (perhaps there is a physical basis here as well). I'm no expert on the issue, just took several psychology courses in college and pedophilia was only talked for maybe half of a lecture. Obviously it is complicated because most people are not sex predators, even if they have been sexually abused or have a personality disorder, mysogynistic, or in the closet about their sexual orientation, etc.

Nice reply.......The part about the older women is what i am getting at .....do you think since women have more freedoms and more power nowadays that guys are intimidated?....and do you think those older women are making it harder on guys in general?....or does anyone have another way of looking at it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 06:50 PM

969 posts, read 2,852,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post

We know that the guys that do this are to blame....for sure but what other factors are contributing to the blame really?

Thank you,
It is easy to be a perv in the comfort zone of the anon Internet - you don't have to show your sweaty ugly chubby self at the library or teen center - just create an identity and flatter a young girl who craves attention and you are in.

I believe that true child predators (not 18 year olds dating 15 year olds) - should be removed from society and used for medical experiments - or other jobs no one wants - they are ALWAYS a danger - and CAN't be rehabilitated

Old 11-03-2007, 07:57 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasonville View Post
I believe that true child predators (not 18 year olds dating 15 year olds) - should be removed from society and used for medical experiments - or other jobs no one wants - they are ALWAYS a danger - and CAN't be rehabilitated
My sentiments exactly. They're sick twisted individuals....PERIOD

Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
I think one way to reduce the number of child molestors is to execute them for their crimes. Is it a cure? No but then there is no cure for them. By executing each one found guilty you remove them as any possible threat to children ever again.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:12 PM

640 posts, read 461,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Basically im wondering what is in the minds of these guys who feel the need to go after younger girls in an illegal way?......the other arguments could go either way depending on who has the most info documented on the subject......why do you guys think these guys do this?
WHY do these guys go after underage girls?? Because they are SICK!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:53 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
I don't think it has to do with a power issue.... having sex with someone who does not know of it.. or much about it.. is attractive.. because it strokes their ego.. because they are disregarded by their peers... there's strange sexual things that people enjoy between two adults.. and that's their business.. and so long as its two consenting adults.. then good on ya.. but I still think that they don't necessarily have some sick thoughts like a serial killer.. I think it comes down to power.. and dominance... and the only people they can feel that way with are children..
*shivers*... pretty f'd up...

Old 11-03-2007, 11:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think one way to reduce the number of child molestors is to execute them for their crimes. Is it a cure? No but then there is no cure for them. By executing each one found guilty you remove them as any possible threat to children ever again.
Amen to that!

Old 11-03-2007, 11:27 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
Its the most priceless thing to see their faces when the host comes out of a room unexpectedly.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:28 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Amen to that!
why must you kill them? they have a problem... and yes it makes children victims.. they should be helped with their problem.. and if at worse.. just neuter them..... sticking a bullet in someone's head doesn't solve anything.. many nations without death penalties have lower crime rates than we do.. so there is NO direct correlation to having "scary" penalties.. to deter them from committing an offense... many of these yay-hoo's have no forethought about the consequences when they're doing such things.. why? because they are sick and need help.. not a bullet...

Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 AM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,852 times
I watch this show sometimes and it's interesting to see some of the people they catch. One show in particular stands out for me when they had a sting going on in Florida, they got two school teachers and a catholic priest the same night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies