Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:56 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
American women are already in combat roles - so why shouldn't they be drafted??
When the Armed forces can guarantee that their fellow soldiers and commanding officers will not rape them nor sexually harrass them nor sexually discriminate then and ONLY then should women be compelled to serve.
Requiring someone to join a group that regularly rapes and abuses it's members just shouldn't happen in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Then why don't they have to meet the same physical requirements as me for the job?

I'm all for women in the military, doing combat jobs, but only if they can meet the same physical requirements as a man.
You'll be happy to know that in Iraq many U.S. women soldiers have been killed and mutilated...fighting for Y O U .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
When the Armed forces can guarantee that their fellow soldiers and commanding officers will not rape them nor sexually harrass them nor sexually discriminate then and ONLY then should women be compelled to serve.
Requiring someone to join a group that regularly rapes and abuses it's members just shouldn't happen in the U.S.
First of all, I disagree with your assertion that women are "regularly raped and abused" while serving in the military.

Then, you have the situation that all the women serving today are volunteers - and it seems they have little fear of what you assert - for I'd suggest that if they DID fear such issues - the number of women enlisting would be much lower.

The military is a fantastic career - for women or men.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:00 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

You'll be happy to know that in Iraq many U.S. women soldiers have been killed and mutilated...fighting for Y O U .
I'm happy women are in combat, I support women in the draft.

I just saw no reason for women to have different physical standards in basic, when I was trying out for the same job, so to speak. It made no sense to me. Women are perfectly capable of doing the same physical tests I was subjected to, but there was still a double standard.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,145 times
As a woman I say yes we should be included.

But the men in the military don't feel the same. And here are the reasons according to my ex-husband.

Men would be compelled to protect any women close by, and they might do something stupid and end up dead.

A woman can not carry a wounded man. And in his mind, if the person is not strong enough to carry 200# then they shouldn't be on the battlefield.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phwalls View Post
As a woman I say yes we should be included.

But the men in the military don't feel the same. """

Well, women don't have to do what men think anymore , do they? Unless they're really mousy and weak and then they shouldn't be in the armed forces anyway.

"""And here are the reasons according to my ex-husband.

Men would be compelled to protect any women close by, and they might do something stupid and end up dead. ""

Well, maybe men should stop being stupid ??!!!!!!

""A woman can not carry a wounded man. And in his mind, if the person is not strong enough to carry 200# then they shouldn't be on the battlefield.
Well then men have to change their attitude that woman are weaklings who need their protection! If they're in combat then they have been trained.

Ever occur to ANYONE that SOME women are stronger than SOME men?????

Besides, I thought in the army everybody watched everybody's back.

I've seen news footage of bodies being dragged by fellow soldiers.

And women, have eqaul rights...if they want to fight for their country they have every right to that just like men.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First of all, I disagree with your assertion that women are "regularly raped and abused" while serving in the military.

Then, you have the situation that all the women serving today are volunteers - and it seems they have little fear of what you assert - for I'd suggest that if they DID fear such issues - the number of women enlisting would be much lower.

The military is a fantastic career - for women or men.
Military Rape Crisis Center - Started in 2006 by an Active Duty Coast ...

Stop Military Rape ... that experienced sexual harassment, sexual assault and/or rape in the Military. ... Military Rape Crisis Center and the National ...
http://www.stopmilitaryrape.org/
Military Rape Crisis Center - Military Rape Crisis Center

We are here to help.The Military Rape Crisis Center was developed in 2006 by a ... that experienced sexual harassment, sexual assault and/or rape in the Military. ...
http://www.stopmilitaryrape.org/military_rape_crisis_center
Rape in the Military . NOW on PBS

Women in the U.S. military assaulted and raped by fellow soldiers -- new information in a shocking investigation. ... Video: Rape in the Military ...
http://www.pbs.org/now/rss/redir/now/shows/421/index.html
What is Being Done About Rape in the Military?

What is Being Done About Rape in the Military? 12/15/2008 "Women serving in the U.S. military today are more likely to be raped by a fellow ...
http://www.kuow.org/program.php?id=16522

Old 09-02-2009, 06:22 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demo214 View Post
Well you can't say there wont be a draft. And yes women should be included in a draft. Women have been fighting long and hard for equal rights to men. If they wont there equal rights they should have to do everything a male has to do. Women should have no specal privlages just because there a female. They wanted equal rights so its time they step up and share the rights that all man shares (that deffenitly mean the draft).

Demo214
All able bodied young people should be drafted. NO exemptions for schooling, and NO buying your way out of it.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
I never said, suggested nor implied that rape never happens in the Military - did I? Answer: No

And without getting into a deep debate on the issue here (it would be off topic), ask yourself this; Does sexual harassment - either of females or males, occur in civilian workplaces? Do rapes occur in civilian workplaces - co-workers?

So, as for the military; does sexual harassment - either of females or males occur in the Military? Do rapes occur in the military - fellow service members

Neither situation is right. But, it does not need to get blown out of proportion either.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:27 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Of course it should include women. Women are always griping and whining about fairness and equality. Well now is there chance. Go off to war and fight the battle like a real person.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:13 PM

200 posts, read 131,412 times
No! Women belong at home. Even if they did reinstate a draft good luck getting people into the military. I would rather kill myself than fight for this wretched country at least what it has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies