Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Yes,

And women in the military should have to meet the same physical standards as their male counter parts. As it stood when I was in, I had to run 2 miles in 18 minutes, the girls got to do it in 25. I had to do 40 push ups in 2 minutes, they only had to do 25 or so.

Double standards, I'm all for womens lib, but if they want the same job as me, then we should have to meet the same physical requirements. Now I'm not in the service anymore, so things may have changed, but I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 07:11 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Of course they should be. What century is this?!
I disagree, most men are able enough to serve in the military, but most women are not.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:13 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
They are in combat now. But there is no draft.

Keeping women from the draft back in the day meant that they didn't have the same opportunities for advancement.

Very few pushups being done in wartime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I disagree, most men are able enough to serve in the military, but most women are not.
That post is an affront to the thousands of women currently serving.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:19 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
If they don't, they ought to stay out of politics, then.

And why do women get to retire at the same age as men? That is patently unfair, since they live longer, and collect more total benefits.

Draft women, make them work unil they're 70, and have them pick up the tab once in a while. Then maybe they'll really have something to bytch about.
Sure why not ....... when men have babies I will call it equal LMAO

Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
They are in combat now. But there is no draft.

Keeping women from the draft back in the day meant that they didn't have the same opportunities for advancement.

Very few pushups being done in wartime.

That post is an affront to the thousands of women currently serving.
No it's not, they are the ones who are able to handle the military.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Positively..... Yes !!!

We are well approaching the very day when protecting our homeland and stragetic interests around the world from the ever increasing multitudes of America's dedicated enemies shall require the largest military force in the history of this nation.....................

America's combat soldiers of the very near future will most assuridly consist of men and women together engaging America's many enemies around the globe.

I have been to the Parris Island S.C. Marine Corps Basic Training Base and have witnessed the outstanding training of the male & female Marines who have proudly graduated from that most famous military facility..... In my opinion these well trained female Marines will perform with the
same pride, valor and fierceness expected of any United States Marine regadless of gender.....

One day in the not to distant future the most sobering reason may well be quite obvious for the requirement of female soldiers to join their male counterparts in combat......... Considering the dangerous status of the world today and the grim predictions of greater deterioration within the next few years..... This is one call of duty America dares not fail to acheive !!!

Yes to female combat soldiers reinforcing the total defensive capability of America !

Thank You L.F.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Yes but it doesn;t mean that tehy have to serve in combat . I just don;t thnik many women are physically able for comabt on a one to one basis;personally.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM

799 posts, read 1,445,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yes,

And women in the military should have to meet the same physical standards as their male counter parts. As it stood when I was in, I had to run 2 miles in 18 minutes, the girls got to do it in 25. I had to do 40 push ups in 2 minutes, they only had to do 25 or so.

Double standards, I'm all for womens lib, but if they want the same job as me, then we should have to meet the same physical requirements. Now I'm not in the service anymore, so things may have changed, but I doubt it.

Women can't be held to the same physical standard because they are built different than men. They were actually talking about this after the female African runner was accused of being a man. They said she had a clear advantage because she may be more man than woman so she should not be able to compete against women that are all woman.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well your premise is wrong, not sure what grandiose plans for expanding wars you are talking about, the only people ever talking about a draft are left wing peacenicks,thinking it is a good scare tactic, but to play along no women should not ever be drafted, they should not be in the service period, except as nurses and such.
After giving it some serious thought, I have had a change of heart. I do believe that we should have special regiments of women only, I cant think of any thing that would strike fear in the heart of our enemies more than to come face to face with the likes of rosie odonald, sandra bernhard, rachel madcow being led by general janet reno and commander michelle obama!! YIKES!!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
No. Any sane woman wouldn't want to be a war monger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies