Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 01:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The one that a known bisexual had written? How cute.
Do you actually think that it is exactly the same as the original?

Anyways, you said that slavery 2000 years ago is not the same as modern slavery. But you somehow believe that the few cherry picked verses regarding homosexuality, that are actually mistranslated from the original language, still apply?

Pagan idol worship ceremonies, are the same as two consenting adults in the modern era.

Way to pick and choose what you believe.
And the sad thing is, the cognitive dissonance is so ridiculously strong he doesn't even realize how contradictory he is.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:59 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What 2013 Holy Bible are you reading? Is it King Obama?

I still have the the Kings James.
Why am I not surprised.

Here you go: 'qadesh' = 'male temple prostitute'.

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The planets and stars do what they are supposed to do and don't say:

Hey...lets spin another way for whatever arguing reason, and pretense at doing something constructive when it is in fact destructive to all thats known and given.

Today a big asteroid is coming and is only going to miss the earth by 15 times the distance from here to the moon.

I want the gay advocates to tell me why, this asteroid should not ignore the given plans in the force's for just a moment, a fraction of a second and spin the other way...demolishing at least half this continent..?
If there were a gravitational force strong enough to knock the asteroid into our path, it would destroy all life on earth (not just a continent). But there aren't any forces to knock it into collision with us. What's your point?

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:

Hey...lets spin another way for whatever arguing reason, and pretense at doing something constructive when it is in fact destructive to all thats known and given.

Today a big asteroid is coming and is only going to miss the earth by 15 times the distance from here to the moon.

I want the gay advocates to tell me why, this asteroid should not ignore the given plans in the force's for just a moment, a fraction of a second and spin the other way...demolishing at least half this continent..?

Why should a species that ok's spinning the other way not also, have a setting that screws up backwards for a moment be protected and, saved from this boulder ?
Since when were humans, that possess free will, the same as planets, that follow a gravitational pull?

You may want to research this difference.
Human=organic living being with a mind.
Planet=a chunk of rock with no ability to think.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Exactly. You're basing your moral code on a book written during a time which slaves and women were property.

Wasnt it King James who founded the Church of England to explicitly redefine marriage to allow divorce?

Thats 10 pounds of irony in a 5 pound bag.
That was King Henry VIII.

King James I came a little later.... ironically, he had male lovers.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:06 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,786,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
He didn't create Gay. The people made a choice. Just like everyone makes a lifestyle choice.
You really believe the entire gay population made a choice? To be oppressed; to be rejected by their families? To risk losing their jobs? To live a life in the closet, invisible. Imagine for a moment the enormous amount of emphasis that society focuses on discouraging homosexuality, yet it continues. You can choose to rationalize your bigotry anyway you want, but gay people don't choose to be gay.

Homosexual people do not choose to be gay, anymore than heterosexual people chose to be heterosexual. Get over your hate.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Where is homosexuality mentioned in the King James? You just said we're not talking about 1000 B.C., so you better not quote Leviticus.
The KJV translators used the word 'sodomite' a number of times as a translation of the Hebrew word 'qadesh'. Qadesh actually means 'male temple prostitute'.

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Old 05-31-2013, 02:11 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Thats right. Stupid wife wouldnt give him a son so he had to find a way around that.

The history of Christianity sure is chalk full of immorality.
The one he divorced her for didn't give him a son, either, so he had her head removed.

Finally got a son with wife No. 3. Kid died not far into his reign, and Ol' Henry ended up having both of his daughters ruling England in succession.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:12 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Since when were humans, that possess free will, the same as planets, that follow a gravitational pull?

You may want to research this difference.
Human=organic living being with a mind.
Planet=a chunk of rock with no ability to think.
the point is a species that wants to ok spinning the other way does not deserve a universe.....which functions in order, with order itself. Very simple.

And the bible and spiritual talk is a waste of time because..

everybody knows having a goal in decency, is required in order to qualify for any spiritual advance or participation.

A person can't say hey I'm into being indecent and its my goal, lets sing some hymns about it

Old 05-31-2013, 02:12 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:

Why should a species that ok's spinning the other way not also, have a setting that screws up backwards for a moment -or otherwise be protected, saved from this boulder ?
You've been gazzing again, I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.