Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 10:53 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,584,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
If God doesn't want gay people to get married, then why did God create gay people?
People can't think for themselves and make their own choices. Interesting. And here all this time, I believed they could.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,192,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
People can't think for themselves and make their own choices. Interesting. And here all this time, I believed they could.
Cool. You "choose" to be attracted to someone of the same sex, and have equal feeling for them that you do the opposite sex.
Let me know how it goes.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
The funny thing is that there is no god..........jokes on you sucka

I feel that I'm better than you because you base your life on nonsensical rubbish!
wow, that could be turned around.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:06 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,821,649 times
Quote:
wow, that could be turned around.
Well then, enlighten us with your 2,000 year old tales of wisdom.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
So when you hit puberty, you chose to be attracted to the opposite sex. You chose this. It wasn't something that you couldn't control, you could control it. So you could've gone either way, you could've just as easily have chosen to be gay, right?
Do you mean to tell me that people don't have control. Again, wow. So, when people encourage me to take control of my life, what are they telling me exactly?

Old 06-07-2013, 11:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,192,207 times
Quote:
Do you mean to tell me that people don't have control. Again, wow. So, when people encourage me to take control of my life, what are they telling me exactly?
You have control of your ACTIONS, but not your ATTRACTIONS.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:09 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,554,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I would say the poor mother who cannot afford to feed another mouth, or diaper another kid would think it is a good idea. My Mom was such, because of religion and the church, she had seven kids and was dirt poor, lived in a shanty with an outhouse and picked cotton, tomatoes and what ever else was being grown in the valley of California in the 50's and watched my step dad drink every cent she made. If abortion had have been an option for her and not a sin, she would have had fewer children that would have had a better life. Not everyone can afford to have big families and if they can, they should be adopting those poor children already languishing in foster homes, not having more. Think about the children that are already unwanted and need a home before worrying about abortion. When there are no more children in need of a family that can care for them, then we may need to worry about increasing our population. As of now, there is really no need to breed like sex crazed rabbits and dogs, is there?
so the real problem here is

Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Well then, enlighten us with your 2,000 year old tales of wisdom.
The Biblical society has already done that and I'm thinking they wrote that book, more than 2,000 years ago.

Any way, what a person chooses to do with that information is up to the person.

3,550 posts, read 2,554,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
My mom kept having kids because the church forbid abortion and birth control. Sure, she never should have had me, nor several of my siblings. We had a misirable life, rarely enough to eat, no television till 1965 and no washer till then. Prior to that, she washed clothes by hand and heated the water on a wood stove. She was not on welfare, had too much dignity for that. She not only had seven kids, she also lost 4 more to miscarriages and all of this from the age of 17 till she had a tubal ligation at 31. She sacrificed her body, her health and the health of her children that were alive. She did not want to just keep having babies, but the church said to reproduce. Just because you cannot have kids, does not mean that other women should just pop them out. What are your plans for the unwanted kids in need of being adopted or fostered, Janelle? Do you have room for a few in your home? Take care of the ones we already have before worrying about those not born yet.
I agree with you in retrospect your mother should have had an abortion.

1,963 posts, read 1,821,649 times
Quote:
The guy who believes something because his parents believed it, because their parents believed it, because their parents believed it, is lecturing us on independent thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.