Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,458,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac110 View Post
did you even read the post i was responding to? Or are you just here to fire off some miscategorized stump speech that belongs in politics and other controversies and really should be flagged for being off-topic?

Because my post has nothing to do with any of that crap, and everything to do with a man getting an erection--becoming sexually excited--at the thought of a woman being armed and then fantasizing about her giving him a hand job while he fired his own gun. That is indeed glorifying violence.

Here, a little visual aid for you.

lol. Now, I'll have to give you props on that picture choice. That is funny.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:11 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,090,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Did you even READ the post I was responding to? Or are you just here to fire off some miscategorized stump speech that belongs in Politics and Other Controversies and really should be flagged for being off-topic?

Because my post has nothing to do with any of that crap, and everything to do with a man getting an erection--becoming sexually excited--at the thought of a woman being armed and then fantasizing about her giving him a hand job while he fired his own gun. That is indeed glorifying violence.

Here, a little visual aid for you.
Lets look at that post shall we:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine
Seriously?

You hated on the young woman for "handling her business" by being strapped and ready?

I'd probably be close to an erection and my pupils transformed into the shape of hearts if a nice looking woman on a date with me raised her skirt enough to reveal a gun strapped to her thigh.

Think of it this way, when sitting in a restaurant, if need comes to it, and I have a gun on me, I can handle my 12 while she handles my 6.
He is saying that he would find a woman very attractive and being very attracted to who was armed, and was able to protect his rear (THat's what the 6 means... it's used in the military to identify directions to a small group, the direction of movement is 12, and your rear is the 6.) in the event of a need to protect himself and her.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a handjob, or him firing his own gun. I don't know what kind of perverted mind you have, (Well actually I do, by combing what you said with the picture you posted) but that's not what others are saying and IMHO is very telling.

I've taken my GF shooting 1x, she wasn't into it, which is OK, but I'd like it much more (Just like the other poster) if she was:
1. Interested in sharing this with me.
2. able to protect herself if I'm not there, or 'protect my 6' if the need arises.

No twisted sexual analogies, or violence mentioned, despite whatever sickness is in your head.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:51 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times
i think women are practical creatures. most men i know that want to carry have not a clue what actually happens after u shoot somone for any reason. in the movies its the end of your problems but in real life its just the beginning.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,338,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Before my step-dad married my mum he had to make a few adjustments:

No facial hair
No smoking cigars
No guns

...The way things turned out, it was a good thing for the family's well-being that he didn't have a gun (or does he?, I dunno, I did see an NRA magazine in his suitcase not long before I left) in the house, since he can be a violent and deranged man whenever he is drunk

Now, I work the night shift, and recently there has been a string of robberies around the neighborhoods I live in. While my own neighborhood is in a safe area, I commute through these neighborhoods by bike (not enough money for a car, ever since cash for clunkers). I've been considering getting a weapon (and my state only allows conceal carry)

Are women like my mum an anomaly, or should I keep quiet on this issue so as not to limit my dating options?
Haven't read the thread yet, but I'm sure I'm not the only woman who's going to say this...

It's not about whether or not a guy has a concealed carry permit - HE would have to be okay with ME having mine.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,458,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Lets look at that post shall we:

He is saying that he would find a woman very attractive and being very attracted to who was armed, and was able to protect his rear (THat's what the 6 means... it's used in the military to identify directions to a small group, the direction of movement is 12, and your rear is the 6.) in the event of a need to protect himself and her.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about a handjob
, or him firing his own gun. I don't know what kind of perverted mind you have, (Well actually I do, by combing what you said with the picture you posted) but that's not what others are saying and IMHO is very telling.

I've taken my GF shooting 1x, she wasn't into it, which is OK, but I'd like it much more (Just like the other poster) if she was:
1. Interested in sharing this with me.
2. able to protect herself if I'm not there, or 'protect my 6' if the need arises.

No twisted sexual analogies, or violence mentioned, despite whatever sickness is in your head.
You are 100% Theman, I was using military lingo. I did 4 years in the Marine Corps. But I thought--assumed I guess--that just about everyone was familiar with what 12 O'clock etc. meant.

(Lilac, if someone shouts, "3 O'clock" you know to face the direction of 3 on a clock, and it may mean in the situation to engage at at your "3")

But, I was, Theman, implying I would be firing my gun, but I was implying she could be watching my rear with her gun drawn. But I was being a bit light hearted about, trying to use a bit of humor. And I was thinking of a scene in Pulp Fiction. Although, in my comments I was implying, or envisioning, armed robbers stick up the place and customers (which included me and my date as customers).

Like I said... just meant as light hearted humor. Though, I would find an attractive woman, dressed nice, with pistol concealed and strapped to her thigh, pretty d___ hot.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,567,369 times
I don't own any guns, but since I'm single and kind of frail, I've thought of getting one. If I were with a guy, I'd rather he be the one with the gun, not me.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,150,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
(Lilac, if someone shouts, "3 O'clock" you know to face the direction of 3 on a clock, and it may mean in the situation to engage at at your "3")
Oh, geez.

Okay, mea culpa. I didn't realize you were talking in lingo. No friggin' clue, obviously. I was thinking of working it in the Missy Elliot sense. And as Forrest Gump would say, that's all I have to say about that.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,110,328 times
from reading your post i feel saving your money and getting an old car would be much better than saving your money and getting an old gun. if you have an old car u wont have to shoot anybody. u will be safe.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,150,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't own any guns, but since I'm single and kind of frail, I've thought of getting one. If I were with a guy, I'd rather he be the one with the gun, not me.
But could you shoot someone before he overpowers you and turns it on you? Therein lies the rub.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,338,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
But could you shoot someone before he overpowers you and turns it on you? Therein lies the rub.
Good point.

No one should ever own a firearm unless they have long since made the decision that they WILL use it if necessary.

You never even hold a gun, much less own one, just to "scare someone" away.

Unless you are fully prepared to use it you shouldn't have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies