U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-30-2013, 07:51 PM
 
92 posts, read 45,926 times
Reputation: 31

Advertisements

Quote:
http://www.alec.org/american-legisla...-states-report

Washington, D.C. (May 23, 2013)—Utah holds the top spot for states with the best economic outlook in 2013, followed by North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Virginia, according to a new report released by the American Legislative Exchange Council.

“Utah’s economic policies have remained strong, and because of their firm commitment to economic growth and competitiveness, they’ve ranked first in all six editions of our report,” said Jonathan Williams, director of the American Legislative Exchange Council’s Center for State Fiscal Reform and co-author of Rich States, Poor States: ALEC-Laffer State Economic State Competitiveness Index.

Rich States, Poor States examines the latest trends in state economic growth. The data ranks the 2013 economic outlook of states using 15 equally weighted policy variables, including various tax rates, regulatory burdens and labor policies. The sixth edition focuses on the growing momentum in state capitals for fundamental pro-growth tax and pension reform. Rich States, Poor States also features a case study on California’s fiscal health and outlines how California lawmakers can restore economic prosperity.

“Rich States, Poor States clearly demonstrates limited regulation, low taxes, low debt and balanced budgets create the best environment for business, investment, and jobs,” said Utah State Senate President Wayne Niederhauser (SD-9).

Nationally, states with low tax rates, limited government regulations and right-to-work laws were most likely to have a better economic outlook than states with high income taxes and burdensome regulations. The report shows that over a ten-year period, the nine states without personal income taxes have outperformed the nine states with the highest income tax rates in population, job and revenue growth.
It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that liberal fiscal policy is self-destructive and inefficient.

This research on the subject just confirms that.

Guess it's time to throw out liberal fiscal policy and replace it with the better conservative fiscal policy.

Last edited by thanatos331; 05-30-2013 at 08:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM
 
869 posts, read 439,166 times
Reputation: 851
Then why are the red states at the bottom of all the national rankings. And ALEC isn't exactly nonpartisan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 07:54 PM
 
29,605 posts, read 16,347,469 times
Reputation: 13734
You might have a point if so called conservatives didn't embrace big government just like libs. George Bush made FDR look like a spendthrift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
 
92 posts, read 45,926 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Then why are the red states at the bottom of all the national rankings. And ALEC isn't exactly nonpartisan.
That's strange you that you say that, because it's red states that rank in the top 2 highest economic performance. Utah followed by Texas.

The top 10 are half and half, but Red states hold the top two positions.

I guess it's only accurate or nonpartisan if it fits your narrative. Sorry but facts don't lie. Red states do best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos331 View Post
That's strange you that you say that, because it's red states that rank in the top 2 highest economic performance. Utah followed by Texas.

The top 10 are half and half, but Red states hold the top two positions.

I guess it's only accurate or nonpartisan if it fits your narrative. Sorry but facts don't lie. Red states do best.
Can we get a link to the study ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Chesapeake Bay
6,048 posts, read 3,856,336 times
Reputation: 3502
And something like 25% of those in Texas don't even have health insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 PM
 
92 posts, read 45,926 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Can we get a link to the study ?
http://foundation.uschamber.com/PDF/ES2013.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:13 PM
 
92 posts, read 45,926 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Can we get a link to the study ?
Also in the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Pine Grove,AL
23,226 posts, read 11,479,282 times
Reputation: 4303
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanatos331 View Post
Quote:
Booming North Dakota leads the way again in overall economic
performance, owing to the confluence of its energy boom, strong
agricultural economy
, and (perhaps surprisingly) well-educated young
workforce
.
hmm, sounds great. Seems like they are booming because of natural wealth(in resources) and attracting young educated people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
7,215 posts, read 7,883,531 times
Reputation: 7740
Anyone citing ALEC as a credible source is just a total unabashed neo-con corporatist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:45 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top