U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM

1,920 posts, read 4,329,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Well, let's see.

President Obama supports equal pay for women, Republicans oppose it.

President Obama supports reproductive rights, including the right to contraception, and mainstream Republicans oppose them.

President Obama supports affordable access to higher education, Republicans oppose it.

President Obama supports equal rights for women in the military, Republicans generally oppose it.

President Obama successfully proposed health care for all Americans (hint: women are more likely to go to the doctor than men), Republicans opposed it and have voted thirty-seven times to repeal it.

There are more, but in every area of law or public life, President Obama supports women's rights and the issues that are important to women, and the Republicans oppose them.

Bingo!!!!
And the OP has done nothing but generalize....he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:05 AM

5,660 posts, read 6,818,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Bingo!!!!
And the OP has done nothing but generalize....he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
I know it hurts to read the truth, that's why females and liberals get defensive and retort to insulting one's intelligence.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM

383 posts, read 534,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
We are living on this planet:

"An all-male panel of House lawmakers considered a bill on Thursday that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy across the United States, without exceptions for rape, incest or health of the mother."

Eight Men Consider House Bill To Restrict Women's Reproductive Rights (PHOTO)

And, if you cannot see what is wrong with this picture, well...
I don't agree with the Health of the Mother. But if you've been raped and you know you're carrying I highly doubt you'd, or any woman, would not have had an abortion as soon as they found out. I had a premie. He was born at 24 weeks. He's now 23. I believe in pro choice but I do not believe in abortions after/at 20 weeks.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,154,921 times
I might describe the intelligence of the anti-woman crowd but I would never have to insult it.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:10 AM

31,966 posts, read 16,433,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I bet you would never tell a female to get over it if she was saying the same about humans.
That's an - interesting - way of putting it. Females and humans inhabit different categories in your world?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 AM

96 posts, read 150,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Because people like Murdouck and Akin make the GOP look very anti-women.
But Clinton, Weiner, Randal and so on represents what? All parties have losers! Doesn't me women should be on Obama's corrupt team. Please women who support Obama wake up for your kids sake!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM

1,920 posts, read 4,329,965 times
Quote:
I know it hurts to read the truth, that's why females and liberals get defensive and retort to insulting one's intelligence.
Truth may hurt sometimes, but you haven't presented any truth here.
Only a warped opinion.
Truth is the statement I quoted above by jackmccullough.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM

22,648 posts, read 16,135,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfurm View Post
I don't agree with the Health of the Mother. But if you've been raped and you know you're carrying I highly doubt you'd, or any woman, would not have had an abortion as soon as they found out. I had a premie. He was born at 24 weeks. He's now 23. I believe in pro choice but I do not believe in abortions after/at 20 weeks.
My point in posting that link wasn't to re-hash the abortion argument. It was to point out the ridiculousness of members of Congress convening to debate the issue and not including a single woman on the committee.

Some women may find it perfectly acceptable for men to make these sorts of decisions for them. I do not.
And I believe that the president feels the same, hence my continued support for him in light of the alternative.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 AM

10,268 posts, read 11,143,938 times
Quote:
Does that explain the silence in response to my post?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM

31,966 posts, read 16,433,313 times
Default Why, indeed?

I mean, the Right has been going out of their way to appeal to women.

Look, for instance, at this young woman:

- whom spokesmen for the right paid homage to in this charming image:

And you wonder how come your side doesn't appeal to female voters?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 05-31-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies