Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Those studies were biased.

Where is the gay gene?
no one has ever claimed that there is a "gay gene". HOmseoxaulity has been linked to environmental and hormonal influences on the fetus while in the mother's womb.

The only people who claim uses the "gay gene" excuse are gay bashers.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:27 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Without homosexual thoughts and/or voluntary homosexual behavior, what would define a person as homosexual?

If nothing else besides thoughts and voluntary behavior define a person as homosexual, isn't homosexuality, by definition, voluntary?

Discuss.
No.

Do you think animals volunteer to be homosexuals? Because there are homosexual animals. Why question God? Accept the Bible and realize that God made people and animals that way.

Stop fighting God. Stop fighting Jesus. Live your life in Christ. Embrace the homosexuals, for they are as He made them.

God made clown fish. They are transsexuals. Don't fight it. Just accept it.
Clownfish turn transsexual to get on in life - 10 July 2003 - New Scientist

Unless you want to claim that the Devil makes fish gay. That's just silly. God made that fish gay.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:39 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Quote:
Where is the gay gene?
Frankly, although it is patently obvious that people don't choose their gender preferences (did you have to struggle deciding to be heterosexual or homosexual?) WHO CARES?

It doesn't--nor should it--matter one iota whether a person is predisposed for whatever reason to be homosexual or they simply "choose" to be that way (a baseless and ridiculous assertion at any rate.)

Even in that scenario, it would be their choice. It hurts nobody else. It impacts nobody else. It's nobody else's business, and there would still be no cause whatsoever to discriminate against them or be bigoted towards them.

In other words, regardless of the underlying reason(s) for a person to be a homosexual, the only reasons to be bothered by it or endorse discriminating against them are based solely on fear, ignorance, hatred, bigotry, or some combination of those things.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Those studies were biased.

Where is the gay gene?
Probably right next to your "straight gene" seeing you think you have a choice between which gene you wish to use.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:00 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
While inner qualities can sometimes influence your physical attraction over time, that is not the same as what we're discussing... you asked about in/voluntary thoughts and sexual attraction, and I'm pretty sure "good taste in music" doesn't cause an immediate reaction. If it did, and you truly didn't care about external factors, couldn't you as easily be turned on by a man with good taste in music, a sense of humor, and devotion to family?

Are you too old to remember (and/or still get) that special feeling? Not trying to be rude, just going off what you said about "physical attributes that play an ever diminishing role in my preferences."

Sure there is an immediate reaction based on the superficial, but I think mature adults quickly move on to weightier matters.

As far as being turned-on by a man with the qualities I feel are significant, I believe I can be attracted to a man as a friend and perhaps even a soul-mate (I have one such male friend), but that isn't the same as being sexually excited.

As for that "special feeling", it has evolved over the years from an intense sexual interest in bad girls (and the worse, the better) to an appreciation of better qualities in women.

Furthermore, I would definitely connect my changing interests in women with changes in the way I view myself.

"physical attributes that play an ever diminishing role in my preferences."

A better explanation of this statement would be that I move on from the physical more quickly now and am more attune to what is actually important to me.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
No.

Do you think animals volunteer to be homosexuals? Because there are homosexual animals. Why question God? Accept the Bible and realize that God made people and animals that way.

Stop fighting God. Stop fighting Jesus. Live your life in Christ. Embrace the homosexuals, for they are as He made them.

God made clown fish. They are transsexuals. Don't fight it. Just accept it.
Clownfish turn transsexual to get on in life - 10 July 2003 - New Scientist

Unless you want to claim that the Devil makes fish gay. That's just silly. God made that fish gay.

It's a fallen world.

As for lower animals, they lack the ability to conceptualize, so who cares what they do?

Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Let me ask this.

BOTH heterosexuals and homosexuals have anal and oral sex. So why should ONLY homosexuals be denied marriage, and all of the legal benefits and protections that come with a legal civil marriage, when we do the same things that heteros do?

Either neither heteros NOR homosexuals can get married based on their sexual acts, OR both can because we all do the same things.

What homosexuals can do sexually isn't the issue.

It's what they can't do.

Nature has built men and women to copulate together.

No other combination of males and females fits this obvious design.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:

It's what they can't do.
they live and breathe (same as heterosexuals)
they work, love and have families (same as heterosexuals)

Quote:
It built men with a way to copulate with ANYTHING as long as it has a hole to insert his member in (or use his hands). And females can obtain sexual gratification without men. Which is why God invented masturbation.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:20 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:

It's what they can't do.

No other combination of males and females fits this obvious design.
You do know having the ability to breed has nothing to do with this, right?

Old 06-01-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You do know having the ability to breed has nothing to do with this, right?
to be fair, mom wasn't talking about breeding in her post (unless she was alluding to it), only copulating . copulating in my dictionary says that its the act of having sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies