U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 12:47 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,965,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGC Native View Post
This Harrier character is admitting he is bisexual and chose not to act on his attraction to males.
Harrier has consistently said that there is no such as bisexuality, except in the choices that some people have made, and he has said that he has chosen differently.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:48 AM

30,390 posts, read 20,026,742 times
[

In my opinion, its the truth.

There...I fixed it for you.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:49 AM

17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
You continually claim homosexuality is purely choice and then assert that someone disagreeing with you has zero intelligence?

The irony is so high it makes my head want to asplode.
Wait till you get on a thread about evolution....

Old 06-02-2013, 12:50 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,334,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
...says the person who posts liberal opinion as fact because he or she wants it to be true.
I use science. YOu use a holy book written by men (not God) over 2000 years ago).

Quote:
"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay, or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors."

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality
since sexual orientation is a combination of factors, are you resorting to red herring argument. That's why the studies are NOT conclusive on one finding, but that there are many factors, THAT is what all the studies agree on.

I'm not the one asking to pinpoint it ONE thing that causes one to be homosexual (which is the common question asked by gay bashers). I'm accepting the FACT that there are MANY Factors to one being homosexual, and that many of the studies support the same claims: that hormonal and environmental influences on the fetus while in a mothers womb can play a big part on influence sexual orientation.

since Harrier refuses to answer the question, can you tell us when YOU consciously chose to be straight?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:51 AM

207 posts, read 354,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Harrier has consistently said that there is no such as bisexuality, except in the choices that some people have made, and he has said that he has chosen differently.
Repressed, self-loathing, conformist bisexual man translation: I chose not to act on my same-sex attractions because it's expected of me by my family, community and society to be heterosexual. Whatever makes you feel less gay, brah.

17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times
Quote:
Hmm...I have an article here about an alcoholic gene.

Put up or shut up!

Researchers Identify Alcoholism Gene
What does alcoholism have to do with sexual orientation?

Quote:
[

In my opinion, its the truth.

There...I fixed it for you.
nope that still your OPINION ON facts (supported by many studies)

Seeing as you can't tell the difference between science and religious dogma, that's your problem, not mines.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
nope that still your OPINION ON facts (supported by many studies)

Seeing as you can't tell the difference between science and religious dogma, that's your problem, not mines.

Please feel free to list the objective sources of this information.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
What does alcoholism have to do with sexual orientation?

Besides voluntary decisions involving an alleged genetic predisposition, nothing really.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Please feel free to list the objective sources of this information.
already have, several times in the many gay bashing threads you participated in. Jaymax provided links to several reports as well. you can go use the search to find them.

funny, that we post links to these studies, you guys ignore them, but when asked to SUPPORT your claims, you first say our links are not objective, then you deflect, then disappear to start a new gay bashing thread, an continue to post the same long discredited claims without support as if you weren't challenged to support them.

Noticed that you also skipped the part where you were asked:

When did YOU consciously choose to be straight?

Why is this question such a thorn in the side of gay bashers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or