Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:48 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He arose from the dead three days later.
And lives today, and will judge every unsaved person at the end of the age which is rapidly approaching.

Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Well, you did, so what do you think now?

Are your thoughts on the question voluntary?
2 problems with what you just said

1. i didnt

2. if i did, i responded to you, not him,which would render your first line moot, so why would I answer his question,which has already been answered 5 times over ?

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It is true that Jesus said that if a man had anger toward another he had committed murder in his heart, and that if he lusted after a woman he had committed adultery in his heart. This is an explanation of how sin grows from evil thoughts to evil action. Jesus was tempted with every temptation known to man but did not give in to those temptations. So I ask you, when does a man become a murderer, when he thinks to kill or when he kills? And when does a person become a homosexual, when they have a lustful thought toward another person of the same sex, or when they commit a homosexual act with a person of the same sex?
Murder is an act and homosexuality is an orientation, and Jesus is the guy who mows my lawn.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:49 PM

571 posts, read 790,796 times
Quote:
It is true that Jesus said that if a man had anger toward another he had committed murder in his heart, and that if he lusted after a woman he had committed adultery in his heart. This is an explanation of how sin grows from evil thoughts to evil action. Jesus was tempted with every temptation known to man but did not give in to those temptations. So I ask you, when does a man become a murderer, when he thinks to kill or when he kills? And when does a person become a homosexual, when they have a lustful thought toward another person of the same sex, or when they commit a homosexual act with a person of the same sex?
I don't know, man. This whole premise is ridiculous...

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
And lives today.
Amen.

125 posts, read 143,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I see you are from the "whatever feels is good crowd." It started in the freewheelin 60s and you can see what it grew to when you look around today. Experimenting sexually was encouraged.
yep

i don't believe in heaven or hell, and i believe this life is the only shot at it. so why the heck wouldn't you try to enjoy every second of it as long as you're not hurting anybody else (and if other people having gay sex or, for that matter, sex outside of marriage hurts you, that isn't really my fault)

and for the record i'm a straight virgin, so i'm not trying to justify my own actions, it's just the morals i believe in as strongly as you believe in your Bible

Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
2 problems with what you just said

1. i didnt

2. if i did, i responded to you, not him,which would render your first line moot, so why would I answer his question,which has already been answered 5 times over ?
1. You did - you bothered to respond to my post about Titanic steaming across the Atlantic Ocean rather than sailing.

2. Huh???

Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Look what good it did him, he was nailed to a cross and left to die.

Man, that's leaving a lot out.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:52 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,089 times
I never think of gay men or women. I have a lesbian neighbour and I do not fantasize of what she and her partner may be doing, it really does not bother me one iota.

I still maintain that folk that are hung up on teh ghey either have real boring unfulfilled sex lives or are latently in the closet. I would go as far as to say they would classify as sexual perverts in my book.

These same people in these discussions go onto the false analogies of bestiality and paedophilia.

An it is the same bigots that start these threads over and over.

When the LGBT finally get their civil rights, nothing is gonna change in your life, the sky will not fall, gays are not gonna teach their "lifestyle" as you twits so erroneously put it.

Here in SA, at school in life sciences, where they learn of the birds and the bees and safe sex, STDs, AIDS, etc. all that is mentioned is that some people are attracted to the same sex and for them it is natural. There is no curriculum of dealing with confusion of sexual identity. Kids can discuss this privately with the teacher and no, we do not have fundies teaching here, their religious views are banned from the classroom.

There were only a few gays in my daughter's school and they were NOT ousted or ridiculed, that law of hate speech extends to the schools too.

In a nutshell, it is a non issue.

What all you bigots forget is that these kids are born to hetero marriages and many of them are religious too. It is not rebellion and even though we do have equality for all, homophobia is still there, just not on the scale like it appears to be in the US. SO kids are NOT gonna choose a "lifestyle" or orientation that places them in the crosshairs of ridicule down the line somewhere.

Most of these gay folk excel academically and go onto successful careers.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:53 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I see you are from the "whatever feels is good crowd." It started in the freewheelin 60s and you can see what it grew to when you look around today. Experimenting sexually was encouraged.
Sexual experimentation (as long as you're being safe) is a very healthy thing, so I thank the generation who made it more acceptable. But as the other poster above said, people were having sex for pleasure LONG before then - it was just more hush-hush, especially when it came to homosexuality. YMMV, but I happen to think expression is always better than repression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies