Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 PM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha hughes View Post
yep

i don't believe in heaven or hell, and i believe this life is the only shot at it. so why the heck wouldn't you try to enjoy every second of it as long as you're not hurting anybody else (and if other people having gay sex or, for that matter, sex outside of marriage hurts you, that isn't really my fault)

and for the record i'm a straight virgin, so i'm not trying to justify my own actions, it's just the morals i believe in as strongly as you believe in your Bible

So short of harming others anything goes in your moral code.
If life is birth & death and nothing more why stop there?

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Without homosexual thoughts and/or voluntary homosexual behavior, what would define a person as homosexual?

If nothing else besides thoughts and voluntary behavior define a person as homosexual, isn't homosexuality, by definition, voluntary?

Discuss.
So this is a lot more important to discuss than what defines a person as a heterosexual?

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Sexual experimentation (as long as you're being safe) is a very healthy thing, so I thank the generation who made it more acceptable. But as the other poster above said, people were having sex for pleasure LONG before then - it was just more hush-hush, especially when it came to homosexuality. YMMV, but I happen to think expression is always better than repression.
Romans were pretty open about sexual experimentation, did they live in the 60's?

Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Murder is an act and homosexuality is an orientation, and Jesus is the guy who mows my lawn.
Haha.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
1. You did - you bothered to respond to my post about Titanic steaming across the Atlantic Ocean rather than sailing.

2. Huh???
1. I asked if i had to respond, i didnt respond to the context. i will now, "Sail - a voyage or excursion"

2. Your comment was about the titanic, not the actual subject of the thread. So asking me about my opinion in the subject would actually mean asking me about the titanic.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Romans were pretty open about sexual experimentation, did they live in the 60's?
I was thinking in terms of American society, but as I also said, sex for pleasure existed LONG before then! I was just saying it became more acceptable in our society with the "flower power" generation.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I'm not a man, but assume you can feel a level of sexual attraction without actually "popping a boner." No? I don't have a physical reaction whenever I see a handsome man, but still know the difference between finding him attractive vs simply noticing their looks.

Thoughts may be voluntary (I don't believe ALL are), but sexual attraction most certainly is not. And if you cannot understand this, I have to wonder if you've ever felt real feelings for anyone... hmmmm.

Our "real feelings" for others are not as altruistic as you might think, and sexual attraction may be for many reasons that have little or nothing to do with procreation or even companionship.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Murder is an act and homosexuality is an orientation, and Jesus is the guy who mows my lawn.
Jesus is the King of all Creation who will judge the un-saved at the great White Throne Judgment. You don't want to be there. Homosexuality is an abominable act to God. Even murder is not called an abomination in the Bible.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your comment was about the titanic, not the actual subject of the thread. So asking me about my opinion in the subject would actually mean asking me about the titanic.
I only commented on Titanic because you mentioned it first.

I then asked if your thoughts about whether you needed to respond to me concerning the means of propulsion for the ship were voluntary in an attempt to keep the exchange somewhat related to the premise of the thread.

Consider it - if your opinion of the neccesity to respond to me was voluntary, then why isn't the decision to engage in homosexual activity likewise voluntary?

Or do you really think that our minds are hard wired and that no one ever thinks independently from their "programming"?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:03 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Jesus is the King of all Creation who will judge the un-saved at the great White Throne Judgment. You don't want to be there. Homosexuality is an abominable act to God. Even murder is not called an abomination in the Bible.
I would think that the creator of the universe would have more important things to do than worry about two dudes making out.

Heck, I don't even give a damn about two gals going at it and I'm just a regular guy.

Your god is petty, hateful, and has too much time on his hands. He has more in common with online trolls than deities, Zeus wouldn't be bothered with such nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies