U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM

21,213 posts, read 11,458,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So when the Catholic Priests were diddling little boys years and years ago - was the Country turning away from God then?

Please.
All you have is cheapshots? Pretty unimaginative. There should be a children's forum for you somewhere.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 AM

4,839 posts, read 3,546,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's an end of a good organization.
I know. It totally went defunct. Everyone left, EVERYONE. Those gays did it again!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 AM

1,920 posts, read 4,328,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can start by teaching them to accept people who want to live by their own moral standards. The truth is that you are in fact teaching them to be intolerant of such people.
So basically you are saying that he is bigoted against your bigotry?
Yeah, I've seen that argument before....doesn't work that way.
It's like saying the those who fought against racism were bigots for not being tolerant of racists.

I doubt the BSA are going to be missing those who leave...I know plenty of people who are now going to allow their kids to be boy scouts since they chose to allow gays.
So it will all equal out.
I'm sure the KKK has kids activities that the mini bigots can join..since they are scared they will "catch" the gay.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 AM

21,213 posts, read 11,458,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So it's been far, far better to have gay scouts exist in secret in that organization. Because at least then when they screwed up and blew their cover, they got kicked out.
How many have really been affected? How many kids of scouting age are truly gay and how many are just trying to be in a group to be cool?

Kids are so confused I don't ever believe someone under the age of 18 when they say they are gay. Bunch of baloney.

I have no problem with some kid who says he's gay with getting kicked out. Maybe he'll learn a lesson in life.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,951,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
All you have is cheapshots? Pretty unimaginative. There should be a children's forum for you somewhere.
Why be rude, why not just disagree with someone?

Child molesting by Christians in churches has been going on for decades, there's no denying that fact.

Whether opening the BSA to diversity will encourage gays to molest children remains to be seen, as I have never known of a gay person who was attracted to young boys, just male pedophiles.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,140,619 times
Yeah, the lesson of conform or be rejected. That is a great way to live.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 AM

4,839 posts, read 3,546,092 times
Quote:
How many have really been affected? How many kids of scouting age are truly gay and how many are just trying to be in a group to be cool?

Kids are so confused I don't ever believe someone under the age of 18 when they say they are gay. Bunch of baloney.

I have no problem with some kid who says he's gay with getting kicked out. Maybe he'll learn a lesson in life.
And what's that lesson in life oh wise one?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:51 AM

10,953 posts, read 8,641,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
That is too bad, at least they were wearing uniforms before so that I could identify them. All jokes aside, that sucks because it is the parents indoctrinating intolerance.
This. ^^^^

Really, who in their right minds wants their kids around a bunch of homophobic little bigots - and their parents - anyway?

Quote:
That hurts us all.
Especially the kids being indoctrinated with the intolerance of their parents - and most especially those poor boys (3%) who themselves are gay and have to grow up in homes filled with hatred and bigotry.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:52 AM

31,955 posts, read 16,424,515 times
Quote:
How many kids of scouting age are truly gay and how many are just trying to be in a group to be cool?
You're right, we shouldn't condone people changing their behavior and attitude just to fit into a group. That's a sound principle to live by.

Quote:
- oh.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,054,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News

Aaron Butler, the leader of his 8-year-old son Evan’s Cub Scout Wolf den in Roseau, Minn., said he didn't explain to his eldest son exactly why they were walking away from an organization they loved so much, but he told NBC News that it was because of last week's controversial decision by the Boy Scouts of America to allow gay youth to participate.

“It was a big disappointment. He cried for about 10 minutes because I told him that Boy Scouts were not honoring their own law," Butler said, referring to the BSA oath that he interpreted as barring gay people. "They say it -- 'On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep [myself] physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight,” he said.
In other words, Aaron's kids have no idea why they should dislike or hate homosexuals but Aaron is doing the best he can to teach them. That sounds awesome. See, you can't go because of the homos. Thus, they are at fault and they are hurting you. What a great reason to hate another human being.

Not only that, but Aaron's kids love being in the scouts - homosexuals or not. Now, however, they are no longer allowed to enjoy what the enjoyed for so long. Not because anything has happened to them, but because their father is a small minded "Christian."

That sounds awesome as well. Make your kids suffer because you are an idiot (and that he is an idiot is my humble opinion).

Alas, it's clear that the mantra of many self-proclaimed Christians these days is simply to dislike anything and anyone who is unlike them. It's one of the many problems that true Christians these days face - they get lumped in with people who use their religion to discriminate, hate, and ostracize. It's sad, but Christianity has been able to overcome worse.

I am sure there were plenty of people who took their kids out of the scouts when "negroes" were allowed in. These people were narrow-minded idiots back then who tried to rationalize their opposition any which way they could dream up. They have been replaced with yet another set of narrow-minded idiots, who do the same, claim the same, and end up being perceived the same.

Petterchak, Janice A. (2003), Lone Scout: W. D. Boyce and American Boy Scouting, Rochester, Illinois: Legacy Press, p.77:

"The BSA established the position that African Americans should be included, but that local communities should follow the same policies that they followed in the school systems. Thus, much of the American South as well as many major northern communities had segregated programs with "colored troops" until the late 1940s. Some troops in the South threatened to leave BSA and burn their uniforms if African American Scouts were permitted..."

Same morons, different year. ALWAYS on the wrong side of history.

Last edited by Fuselage; 05-31-2013 at 12:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies