U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 PM

11,433 posts, read 17,120,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Pretty sure calling someone a "queen" is childish and an example of poor parenting. Where did YOU learn to say that?
A excellent example of speaking without reading the posts

Old 05-31-2013, 06:08 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,748,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
But Harrier does refer to himself in the third person. No arguing with narcissistic hatred.
So anyone not agreeing with your agenda is a hater? sad as that is what is deviding this country into haters and not people who just disagree. If you don't agree with me then your a nut case to be hated is the view of so many people who think the world revolves around them.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:11 PM

5,004 posts, read 3,274,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
O.K. - that is where you are confused.

I am not fighting their decison. I may not agree with it - but I am not "fighting it".

I am fighting those who are so intolerant of other viewpoints that they attack people who choose to not support the organization or be part of it because they made that decision.

If we both agree that they Scouts can make their own decisions - why are you mad at me for choosing to not associate with them?
Did you not read my edit? I said that maybe you in particular weren't fighting them, but more than one person in this thread heaped shame on the Boy Scouts for allowing this and said that they should not. That is not the same thing as not agreeing with their decision. I can't be any more clear. If it's over your head, then maybe it's time to grow an inch or two.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:15 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,983,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
Did you not read my edit? I said that maybe you in particular weren't fighting them, but more than one person in this thread heaped shame on the Boy Scouts for allowing this and said that they should not. That is not the same thing as not agreeing with their decision. I can't be any more clear. If it's over your head, then maybe it's time to grow an inch or two.
I did read your edit, understand that, was responding to the edit, and I was clarifying my position.

You and I are actually in agreement - we both support the right of the scouts to make this decision.

I think that it is the wrong decision - and this is where it seems that you and i break paths - but I am not part of that group that you have some vitriol for.

Chill.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:33 PM

8,494 posts, read 6,112,847 times
Default I continue to be amazed....

Another thread chocked full of misguided souls programmed to believe that the word "gay" describes a person....like male describes a person....or black describes a person....or tall describes a person....or young describes a person. It does nothing of the kind.

It describes behavior.

For if "gay" people exist as a group - a group worthy of 99% of our national time and energy for the last 10 years, then as surely....yodeling at the top of the escalator at Macy's people exist, and accountants coming to work with an arrow through their head people exist, as do politicians conducting under-water farting contests at public pools people.

That we have let this unending "gay" nonsense so dominate our national media and displace any and all of our many, many important national priorities makes us a historical laughing stock that will never be equaled.

We collectively are a sillier version of mankind than has ever walked on Earth or ever thought possible just a generation ago.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:52 PM

32,754 posts, read 13,846,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Another thread chocked full of misguided souls programmed to believe that the word "gay" describes a person....like male describes a person....or black describes a person....or tall describes a person....or young describes a person. It does nothing of the kind.

It describes behavior.

For if "gay" people exist as a group - a group worthy of 99% of our national time and energy for the last 10 years, then as surely....yodeling at the top of the escalator at Macy's people exist, and accountants coming to work with an arrow through their head people exist, as do politicians conducting under-water farting contests at public pools people.

That we have let this unending "gay" nonsense so dominate our national media and displace any and all of our many, many important national priorities makes us a historical laughing stock that will never be equaled.

We collectively are a sillier version of mankind than has ever walked on Earth or ever thought possible just a generation ago.
It doesn't dominate anyone's time except those who are unable to put together a logical argument as to why a male child cannot join the scouts. Discrimination is not "nonsense" but maybe you felt soldiers should have been removed from the military because they "stated" they were gay rather than continuing to make believe they didn't exist.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 PM

6,493 posts, read 5,221,911 times
"After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits"

No surprise there. People who are anti-gay do tend to call it quits fairly often...

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Divorce Rates Higher in States with Gay Marriage Bans
(chart appears in second link)

And it's also no surprise they care more about their bigotry than the future of their children...

Hey, FiveThirtyEight: It’s Not Just Divorce Rates That Are Higher In States With Gay Marriage Bans (Child Homelessness Correlates Positively As Well)

Old 05-31-2013, 08:17 PM

20,606 posts, read 8,779,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Doing your duty to God is to obey God's Word. Homosexuality is abominable to God.
Yet god created them. I was taught that god is all loving yet you were taught that god promotes prejudice. How is it we were both brought up believing in god but which such different views of him.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,184,261 times
Gay kids? We're talking about 8-9 year olds right?

We're also talking about modern American liberals AKA the scum of the earth so it's no surprise that they want to sexualize young children for political gain.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:18 PM

7,541 posts, read 5,338,934 times
another person who thinks that the Boy Scouts ends at pre-teens..

There are many members who are part of the BS till they were well into High School. Usually by that time, the scout will know his sexual identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies