U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 06:41 AM

43,427 posts, read 52,413,699 times

Advertisements

It is their right.
I am sure they think they are proving point, but what they are really doing is cheating their kids out of a valuable experience.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:44 AM

8,481 posts, read 6,102,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The main problem is that people have forgotten history IMO. They don't realize where we came from as a people to get to where we are today. Human beings need leadership and strict discipline.

Whether you believe in God or not, the message has always been about the right way to live, the right way to behave, the right way to raise your children.

There is a force of evil working behind this, I am convinced of that. My uncle was a Catholic priest and he used to tell us kids that the struggle between Satan and God has never stopped. It is going on every day right before our eyes.

This country is turning away from God. We are letting anyone come in here and call them a citizen. Not even a basic background check on what this person has done in their life.

This liberal cancer has gone beyond the good it did when it fought for civil rights for oppressed people. Now it is attacking the very fabric of the country. This is not a joke, they are tearing America down for what reason or goal I don't know.
I think it is almost as simple as....that they are misfits who live only to disrupt - to shock - to offend. And we have collectively sat back and let them turn our world on its head.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:46 AM

29,291 posts, read 39,616,576 times
His will is clear. The Boy Scouts mentioning God in their oath after this decision is nothing short of blasphemy.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:48 AM

252 posts, read 224,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Any values, especially those which you disagree with. Not your values, but THEIR VALUES. The truth is that the only view you will tolerate is your own, and everyone else is judged as intolerant, and that makes you a hypocrite.

If you want to tolerate others as you claim, you can prove it by by tolerating those values you disagree with. You can start by saying something like "I don't agree values or every individual, Christian or non-Christian, but I respect their view, and their desicion to walk away from the scouts".
Well that is just it. I do not respect that decision. They are free to walk away, certainly. The majority of my friends are very against homosexuality and they are still my friends. I disagree with many things they do, but we are still friends. When a person says I do not agree with you and we can no longer be friends....well thats intolerance. I spoke with my daughter about this:

Dad: gays are people who like the same gender, like if you liked girls as a girlfriend or if boys liked each other like me and mommy like each other

Mackenzie: eww!

Dad: well yeah I can understand that reaction, I think boys are gross too, but, do you think that people that do like the same gender are bad?

Mackenzie: I don't think so, but I like boys...

Dad: well sure, would you be friends with a gay person?

Mackenzie: I guess, I don't care.....is that bad..?

Dad: I think its up to you to decide, as long as your'e not mean to people you can do what you want and be friends with who you want

Stop telling me I teach intolerance. It is rude.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 AM

14,131 posts, read 27,018,995 times
Perhaps it's time for the BSA to drop its ties to religion. Better to keep it in church and out of other institutions.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:53 AM

21,303 posts, read 11,522,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
You have answered your own question. They are following their father Satan.
I think you're right on. If you watch the garbage they put on TV these days (I watch very little) do you ever see a happy family portrayed? A darkness has come into media in the last 15 years or so. White males are almost always portrayed as weak and evil. Families are either broken or unhappy. Religion is NEVER portrayed as a positive institution in main stream media.

They report on the sex scandals in the Catholic Church but ignore the 1000X more good things the church does for the world. They ignore all the great stories to report the dark. If that is not Satan, I don't know what is.

They used to control TV and the media much more strictly, why have they allowed what is happening today? They do affect people, people who work hard and their only entertainment is watching TV.

They can change opinions, change the culture. They have too much power.

Maybe the 50's and 60's TV version of the family wasn't realistic, it was more idealistic. But it was still entertaining and it lead the people to try to be better people. The message today is "it's ok to be a piece of trash who cares nothing for others or for being a good person"

Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
In other words you forfeit your duty to teach your kids moral values to someone else. The school system is happy to take this burden off your shouders and teach them what they see fit.
Well we decided to give homeschooling a try but, you words are really just rhetoric. I do everything in my power to guide them well. I do not have a duty to teach my children moral values, I have a duty to show my children that it is good to be moral. There is a great difference friend.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Any values, especially those which you disagree with. Not your values, but THEIR VALUES. The truth is that the only view you will tolerate is your own, and everyone else is judged as intolerant, and that makes you a hypocrite.

If you want to tolerate others as you claim, you can prove it by by tolerating those values you disagree with. You can start by saying something like "I don't agree values or every individual, Christian or non-Christian, but I respect their view, and their desicion to walk away from the scouts".

I live by Christian values, and you seem to have a hard time accepting my values.
You say that you live by Christian values, but I doubt very much that you follow the rules set forth by the bible: do you eat shrimp? do you wear mixed fabrics? do you have unconditional acceptance? do you judge the values of others? do you work on the sabbath?

I accept anyway that you chose to live your life that doesn't aim to hurt anyone.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 AM

62,671 posts, read 34,157,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post
You say that you live by Christian values, but I doubt very much that you follow the rules set forth by the bible: do you eat shrimp? do you wear mixed fabrics? do you have unconditional acceptance? do you judge the values of others? do you work on the sabbath?

I accept anyway that you chose to live your life that doesn't aim to hurt anyone.
I didn't say I live by Jewish law, I said I live by Christian values.

Well, I am glad to hear you accept Christians walking away from the scouts. Perhaps it was someone else who called it intolerant.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 AM

21,303 posts, read 11,522,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readyjack View Post

Why is it so hard for you to understand? Most families who put their kids in scouting don't approve of the gay lifestyle and certainly do not want it promoted to their children. They don't want their children exposed to that.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with their decision to pull their kids out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies