U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:57 PM

17,853 posts, read 12,185,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
There's nothing left to say. People's opinions won't be changed.
Becoming more informed can often change people's opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 11:57 PM

688 posts, read 551,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Uh, you started a thread to make a nasty attack against gay kids and you want to be .... what? ... praised for it?
Tends to be the m.o. with them. The claim that they're free to feel and say what they want, and then they go on to express those feelings knowing that they offend many people, and then they feel attacked when the offended kick back. It's a strange phenomenon in America that involves large amounts of self-centerdness and a huge lack of accountability.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:04 AM

28,228 posts, read 15,327,124 times
There is much more sexual activity and abuse that goes on than you may know amongst the young people. I know of one case where a homosexual act took place between two kids around 7-8 years old.

Most of the conversation is about gays kids and straight kids. What about a gay scoutleader... Jerry Sandusky anybody...??

The fact of the matter is homosexual behavior is sin - and it spreads like yeast in a lump of dough. We are watching it before our eyes. Everyone has a sin issue whether it's homosexual behavior, or stealing, or lying, or heterosexual behavior outside the marriage framework. The difference here is that we are trying to normalize it both culturally and legally.

The good news is Christ died for all sinners - the homosexual as well as the heterosexual. There will a day of judgment coming where all will be judged in the light of God's righteousness. Believing in Christ will make the day of judgment successful for those who believe in Him. You don't have to clean up your behavior, just come to Him today.

Honestly - I hate to see the country move in this direction not out of hate or bigotry for anyone - but it's really destructive behavior - both physically (for males) and spiritually within.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There is much more sexual activity and abuse that goes on than you may know amongst the young people. I know of one case where a homosexual act took place between two kids around 7-8 years old.

Most of the conversation is about gays kids and straight kids. What about a gay scoutleader... Jerry Sandusky anybody...??

The fact of the matter is homosexual behavior is sin - and it spreads like yeast in a lump of dough. We are watching it before our eyes. Everyone has a sin issue whether it's homosexual behavior, or stealing, or lying, or heterosexual behavior outside the marriage framework. The difference here is that we are trying to normalize it both culturally and legally.

The good news is Christ died for all sinners - the homosexual as well as the heterosexual. There will a day of judgment coming where all will be judged in the light of God's righteousness. Believing in Christ will make the day of judgment successful for those who believe in Him. You don't have to clean up your behavior, just come to Him today.

Honestly - I hate to see the country move in this direction not out of hate or bigotry for anyone - but it's really destructive behavior - both physically (for males) and spiritually within.
First, the vast majority of child molesters identify as straight, as is the case with Jerry Sandusky; the guy was happily married when he was caught. Holding Sandusky against the LGBT community is ignorant.

Second, "sins" are directly related to religion and are absolutely not "facts;" gospel maybe, but not facts. Regardless of my disagreement of where our empathy and conscience comes from, child molesters/rapists are have a love for control... not homosexuality. This information has been studied and shown by criminologists for decades now.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Tends to be the m.o. with them. The claim that they're free to feel and say what they want, and then they go on to express those feelings knowing that they offend many people, and then they feel attacked when the offended kick back. It's a strange phenomenon in America that involves large amounts of self-centerdness and a huge lack of accountability.
They are perfectly 'free' to express their opinions. However that does not mean they have the right to suppress other people expressing their views about their obnoxious ignorant opinions.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:

Jerry Sandusky is typical of the type of heterosexual men who sexually abuse boys.

Most men who sexually abuse boys are heterosexual in their adult preferences. Only a small percent are true pedophiles with no adult preference and a small percent are men with a homosexual adult preference.

http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...lestation.html

Old 06-01-2013, 12:31 AM

28,228 posts, read 15,327,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
First, the vast majority of child molesters identify as straight, as is the case with Jerry Sandusky; the guy was happily married when he was caught. Holding Sandusky against the LGBT community is ignorant.

Second, "sins" are directly related to religion and are absolutely not "facts;" gospel maybe, but not facts. Regardless of my disagreement of where our empathy and conscience comes from, child molesters/rapists are have a love for control... not homosexuality. This information has been studied and shown by criminologists for decades now.
Whatever the case may be regarding Sandusky's preference - the act against those kids was of a homosexual nature. And how do the abused boys deal with that within themselves? Their first sexual encounter is with a man??

God is beyond the scope of any manmade religion. Sin applies to everyone.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 AM

6,413 posts, read 9,105,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
Ha ha, it is you going crazy. Why would your son get hit on by a gay kid? Do you think that just because a kid is gay, he is going to hit on your son? Separation, I think you mean segregation. What is wrong morally with it, that gays are allowed.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Whatever the case may be regarding Sandusky's preference - the act against those kids was of a homosexual nature. And how do the abused boys deal with that within themselves? Their first sexual encounter is with a man??

No, the acts of Sandusky were a need for power, not homosexual companionship. You're equating two homosexual adults having consensual sexual relations to a rape victim having "sex;" which they weren't, they were raped/molested.

Sin requires divine law, so it's only real to those who choose to believe in that.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:

Abusive acts like rape and child molestation do not equate to being gay, even if those 'acts' are against a victim of the same gender.

Heterosexual men who rape little girls, adult women and old women, do it because they are abusive, not because they heterosexual. We know this because there is a vast amount of research which shows heterosexual men also rape little boys, adult men and old men.

Child sexual abuse and rape is far more about control and power than about sexual attraction to the victim's gender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies