Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:26 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is man is in a fallen state of sin...
Of course there is NOTHING at all factual about that statement. It's opinion and supposition based on ancient superstition and myth, and nothing but.

Quote:
...that is why we all need a savior to give us power over sin. Everyone is born with a sin nature...
I wish people would sometimes consider the complete at utter (ill)logic of this nonsense.

Think of it: a supposedly all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful deity created the world, Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden, then says "Hey--don't eat the fruit from this tree over here. It's the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."

Then they eat the fruit and the deity says "Well, there you go...you did what I told you nt to. Now yo are shamed and all your dedscendents wll forever be covered in sin and will have there eternalsouls tortured in agony for all time unless they beg me for forgiveness."

What the hell kind of ridiculous, infantile hogwash is this? If this deity is omniscient, then he KNEW what Adam and Eve would do. If the deity is truly omniscient and omnipotent, he could NOT have been surprised at the actions of Adam and Eve and he would have ALWAYS KNOWN that this would happen and he would have to torment billions of souls who didn't repent of sin, etc, etc.

If not, then this deity is in no way all-knowing or all-powerful.

Of course, Adam and Eve are purely mythical, as is Yahweh (patron deity of some sets of ancient Hebrews) so it's a moot point in many ways.

Quote:
We have a free will which God gave us...
The concept of free will is entirely antithetical to the idea of an omniscient deity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 11:30 AM

45,396 posts, read 26,983,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Do you think your beliefs should be tolerated when they're not based on facts or evidence? Don't you think people would respect your beliefs more if you stopped using them as a weapon against people you don't even know?
I think the same about homosexual behavior - it's promoted not based on facts. When in truth it's destructive physically to males and spiritually to all who engage in it.

How is me making a statement in a non-threatening manner a weapon, and pro-homosexual behavior people bullying people and calling names not a weapon? When you accuse people of forcing beliefs down your throat - you need to look at yourselves and your conduct. Just look at the first page or two of this thread and how the OP is repeatedly called a bunch of names.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:33 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,470,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think the same about homosexual behavior - it's promoted not based on facts. When in truth it's destructive physically to males and spiritually to all who engage in it.

How is me making a statement in a non-threatening manner a weapon, and pro-homosexual behavior people bullying people and calling names not a weapon? When you accuse people of forcing beliefs down your throat - you need to look at yourselves and your conduct. Just look at the first page or two of this thread and how the OP is repeatedly called a bunch of names.
Well, don't like the fire, stay in the frying pan. He asked for it, he started this thread to attack gays, we all know that and you are of his ilk. Suffer dude, suffer. You and the rest of you religions zealots are nuts.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:38 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,322,930 times
Quote:
I think the same about homosexual behavior - it's promoted not based on facts.
Do you even think about what you post before you hit that button?

What "facts" are you talking about? Are you asserting homosexuality doesn't exist? What "promotion" are you talking about?

Quote:
When in truth it's destructive physically to males and spiritually to all who engage in it.
How? Why would you state this baseless nonsense?

Old 06-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Gays shove it in your face just as much as straight people do. WHO CARES WHAT OTHERS DO WHEN IT DOESNT EFFECT YOU. Last night I took my gf out and when we were walking into a restaurant she thanked me and kissed me on my cheek. Aren't we shoving our heterosexualuality in peoples faces?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
No - you aren't shoving it in people's faces.

Practice bowling last week, two girls were kissing and carrying on ... Was it annoying? Yes. If I had my kids, I would have said something about their behavior - homo or hetero. But I ignored it and moved on.

If you had went to an LGBT function and demand they made concessions towards the hetero lifestyle - THEN you would be shoving it.

The Boy Scouts should have the ability to ban people based on behavior. They don't ask (or didn't used to) whether or not people were hetero. They just accepted boys. Gays could join and not say anything about it just like everyone else - perform the tasks - advance up the chain - and there would be no issues. This is what heteros do all the time.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Do you even think about what you post before you hit that button?

What "facts" are you talking about? Are you asserting homosexuality doesn't exist? What "promotion" are you talking about?

How? Why would you state this baseless nonsense?
Look up the percentage of people who practice homosexual behavior (men particularly) that have HIV and anal cancer (rapidly increasing). Look at the personal changes from within - women who are butch, men who are effiminate - it's not all people who practice the behavior, but it is a significant percentage.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
Quote:
The Boy Scouts should have the ability to ban people based on behavior. They don't ask (or didn't used to) whether or not people were hetero. They just accepted boys. Gays could join and not say anything about it just like everyone else - perform the tasks - advance up the chain - and there would be no issues. This is what heteros do all the time.
Good grief, I can't believe people are actually so dense. The reason this is an issue is because gay people were banned. If leaders were found out to be gay, like posting pictures of their families online, they were expelled. Gay teens were expelled. This is unconscionable to the majotiy within the BSA, and the ban for boys has been lifted. What you are saying has no merit because if they were able to do what you posted it wouldn't be a problem, but under the BSA regs they couldn't.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Well, don't like the fire, stay in the frying pan. He asked for it, he started this thread to attack gays, we all know that and you are of his ilk. Suffer dude, suffer. You and the rest of you religions zealots are nuts.
No - I want the best for people. Homosexual behavior is destructive. I would urge all to abstain from it.

No suffering here. The best for all is the goal.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:47 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,535,563 times
Quote:
Look up the percentage of people who practice homosexual behavior (men particularly) that have HIV and anal cancer (rapidly increasing). Look at the personal changes from within - women who are butch, men who are effiminate - it's not all people who practice the behavior, but it is a significant percentage.
Oh stop it.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:08 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,828,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
They ARE being intolerant and bigoted. That's their choice. But why do you want to pretend they aren't?
They are? How so? If they aren't comfortable with having their own kids in the organization, and pull them out, how does that hurt gays?

The gays got what they wanted--but are they satisfied? No. They have to take it to the point where everybody is supposed to celebrate/embrace their gayness. They're not happy just being left alone to live their lives.

The parents have every right to do what they did, and if that makes them bigoted (NOT!), so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies