U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 AM

2,271 posts, read 4,521,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
I think it's fine for parents to take their kids out of Boy Scouts if they don't think it fits their values. Parents are in control at this stage of their childrens life. Besides, Boy Scouts are so irrelevant, anyway. My church had a group similar to Boy Scouts and I was part of it. I enjoyed it a lot. Maybe all the dog piles had something to do with it....?

In any case, aren't we talking about children here? Having sex and orgies??? Sexuality and sex are not the same thing. This is all kinds of twisted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 10:26 AM

8,528 posts, read 11,018,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
If history is a baromoter, then this is just the first step in the decline of a tradition. Next you will be forced to accept girls and transgenders as "boy" scouts.
The US is the only Scouting organization that doesn't admit girls. Scouts Canada/Australia and the original Scouts in the UK have been admitting girls since I was in Scouts 30 years ago.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM

780 posts, read 1,043,418 times
Quote:
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
Just curious, how do you avoid pushing your own sexuality out of other people's faces? Do you refer to your wife as just your "friend" and never hold her hand in public? Do you make sure there aren't any pictures of her at your work, and never mention her existence in public so as not to give people any ideas about what the two of you get up to in the privacy of your own bedroom?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 AM

97 posts, read 120,624 times
Quote:

You do realize this allows OPENLY gay kids to 'come out', right? These kids that are gay have been gay all along.

And why is it you think that some little boy is going to be attracted to your little boy? Do you think that all gays have this insatiable sex drive and they're attracted to anything with a penis? I didn't realize that being gay made them want to screw everything that walked! Huh! Today I learned!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:24 AM

795 posts, read 1,371,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget_Brain View Post
And why is it you think that some little boy is going to be attracted to your little boy?
There is a problem with Scout camping trips.

Hypothetical, if we had girls in Scouts, would you allow a 13 yo girl and a 13 yo boy to share a tent by themselves for 2 nights on a camping trip? I think almost everybody would say no.

So, should why should Scouting allow a gay boy to share a tent with another boy for two nights? This is a problem....and I think most people are going to say no that's not acceptable and I dont think that's a bigoted point of view.

For the record, I think gays and girls should both be allowed in Scouting.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 AM

8,217 posts, read 27,067,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget_Brain View Post
Yo
And why is it you think that some little boy is going to be attracted to your little boy? Do you think that all gays have this insatiable sex drive and they're attracted to anything with a penis? I didn't realize that being gay made them want to screw everything that walked! Huh! Today I learned!
No Nugget_Brain, being a teenage boy with raging hormones does that.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:31 AM

16,021 posts, read 17,810,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post

Hypothetical, if we had girls in Scouts, would you allow a 13 yo girl and a 13 yo boy to share a tent by themselves for 2 nights on a camping trip? I think almost everybody would say no.

So, should why should Scouting allow a gay boy to share a tent with another boy for two nights? This is a problem....and I think most people are going to say no that's not acceptable and I dont think that's a bigoted point of view.

Girl scouts have no problem with two girls sharing a tent on camping trips and we certainly have some gay girls, and bisexual girls. In fact, girl scouts has not discriminated against gay leaders for a long time and we do not have problems with that. Frankly, my granddaughter is a girl scout, but I would never allow her to join the US boy scouts given their history of discrimination. FWIW, we also have Muslim, Hindu and atheist girl scouts and the oath has been modified to allow that too.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:32 AM

2,305 posts, read 5,867,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
The US is the only Scouting organization that doesn't admit girls. Scouts Canada/Australia and the original Scouts in the UK have been admitting girls since I was in Scouts 30 years ago.
Everyone realizes that there are scouts for girls, right? It's called Girl Scouts and it been around for 100 years.

And for the record, I am not aware of any Girl Scout troop ever having a issue with gay girls in a troop, or having a gay girl in scouts period. So I'm not sure why the Boy Scouts have to get their panties in a wad over this issue.

And if a kid (boy or girl) is going to experiment with the same sex or the opposite sex....then they will do it regardless of being in Scouts or not. And not sure what kind of camping trips you've been on, but all the ones I've been on both as a kid and a leader have all been very monitored. There just's not a lot of time for extracurricular activities like...group orgies.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:35 AM

97 posts, read 120,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post

Do you think that the gay boy (assuming he was attacted to the straight boy) would be able to convince the straight boy to engage in these activities? Or do you think that because he's gay, he's going to be more likely to force himself on the straight boy?

Now of course, if there's 2 openly gay boys, you're gonna want to keep them in different tents. But a gay and a straight boy in the same tent? Unless you're worried about rape (which is offensive to even suggest that), then there shouldn't be a problem.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:36 AM

8,528 posts, read 11,018,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Everyone realizes that there are scouts for girls, right? It's called Girl Scouts and it been around for 100 years.

And for the record, I am not aware of any Girl Scout troop ever having a issue with gay girls in a troop, or having a gay girl in scouts period. So I'm not sure why the Boy Scouts have to get their panties in a wad over this issue.

And if a kid (boy or girl) is going to experiment with the same sex or the opposite sex....then they will do it regardless of being in Scouts or not. And not sure what kind of camping trips you've been on, but all the ones I've been on both as a kid and a leader have all been very monitored. There just's not a lot of time for extracurricular activities like...group orgies.
Just to be clear I'm talking about girls being members of Beavers, Cubs and Scouts, not the Girl Scouts/Guides
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies