U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 04:14 PM

2,305 posts, read 5,867,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Because they aren't viewed as Boy scouts anywhere but the US. It's Scouts. It's not a "boy's club", it's a young person's club.
World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts - Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
This is exactly why our country is going down the toilet. If you believe in the Bible and what it stands for, you are a racist, homophobic, hateful, bigot. It can't just be that you have a belief and stand firm in it. It has to be that if you don't change to the progressive movement, you're a bad person who doesn't love all people. Just because someone doesn't condone a behavior doesn't make them hate anyone. As far as likening sexuality to color, that is ridiculous. Sexuality is a choice, color is God-given.
Are you serious?!

So I guess you "choose" to be straight? That is the dumbest argument for being gay that there is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM

8,525 posts, read 11,018,887 times
lhafer, I don't get your point.

In the US it's too bad that girls aren't allowed in scouts. It's not an organization for boys, but for kids, and everyone can benefit from it.

Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada. Scouts Canada |

Old 05-31-2013, 04:35 PM

107 posts, read 135,993 times
Well I am openly bi, and it's a choice for me who I want to be with. I'd say that the vast majority of gay guys are actually bisexual, who choose to have sex with other men. I make that choice when I'm looking for more intensity and I'll just leave it at that!!

Also, I can remember being fully aware of my sexuality around age 15 or 16, and at that time some 15 year old twinks = . Sorry, just had to say it because it's true. Just like how all straight men are completely turned on by high school girls.

I also find it hilarious the amount of rabid froth a bunch of offended straight people are spewing out. The issue has nothing to do with you, yet you're all riled up while most gay and bisexual people don't even give a F. You white folks are a hoot!

Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 PM

4,580 posts, read 5,823,953 times
Interesting that this thread is primarily about peoples personal feelings about being gay and gayness and has little or no content of the Boy Scout program and what good things it has to offer todays young men.

Let's all focus on one little tiny miniscule part of the whole giant overall picture and get our pants in a wad about it.
Most of the stuff spouted by both sides in this thread is just plain ridiculous.

Why not just rename the thread "Gays in Houston"?
It has more to do with perceptions of gay folks than the Boy Scouts.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:12 PM

2,305 posts, read 5,867,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
lhafer, I don't get your point.

In the US it's too bad that girls aren't allowed in scouts. It's not an organization for boys, but for kids, and everyone can benefit from it.

Scouts Canada, the country’s leading youth organization, offers challenging programs for boys, girls and youth age 5-26 in thousands of individual groups in most cities and towns across Canada. Scouts Canada |
That's okay, I don't get your point either. Canada is not the US. We don't have the same healthcare system either. Scouts are together there. Scouts are separated by gender here. There's boy scouts and girl scouts in the US.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM

2,367 posts, read 3,911,231 times
I was in the cub scouts as a child. It was lame. I was happy to see California yank their tax exempt status.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:48 PM

3,107 posts, read 8,200,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
...Someone needs to be educated about the difference between being gay and being predatory/promiscuous.
BINGO. Gay does not = sexually promiscuous or even remotely interested in you.

It's unbelievable how many homophobes are afraid of the gay guy wanting to jump their bones. Newsflash: gays have sex with other gays.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 PM

482 posts, read 718,467 times
For those of you who agree with it, feel free to keep your kids in Boy Scouts. For those of us who don't, we can choose not to participate.

Personal attacks, name-calling, and general bashing aren't necessary.

Luckily, there are other options for kids today that honor Christ. It makes it easy to find alternatives for those of us who choose not to be bullied by progressives.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:16 PM

3,107 posts, read 8,200,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts - Home

Are you serious?!

So I guess you "choose" to be straight? That is the dumbest argument for being gay that there is.
+1 & more if I could. I just don't understand where anyone thinks that "being gay" is a choice. Where is the logic? (and what does this have to do with Houston?)

Old 05-31-2013, 06:35 PM

2,367 posts, read 3,911,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
For those of you who agree with it, feel free to keep your kids in Boy Scouts. For those of us who don't, we can choose not to participate.

Personal attacks, name-calling, and general bashing aren't necessary.

Luckily, there are other options for kids today that honor Christ. It makes it easy to find alternatives for those of us who choose not to be bullied by progressives.
Yet, you just called progressives bullies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies