Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM

805 posts, read 1,871,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget_Brain View Post
Can the gay/bisexual girl not control her urges? Is she going to ravish the straight girl?
Even if all gay/bisexual girls can control themselves, the organization needs to take into consideration the feelings of the heterosexual girls and their parents. I think most heterosexual kids would feel uncomfortable sharing a tent one-on-one with a gay/bisexual kid.

Sure, the other activities they can all join in together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

The more you think about it, how often do you EVER hear of rape cases of a male raping another male? I'm sure a google search would show but I have never heard about it before in the news or amongst friends.
Victims of sex assaults in military are mostly men - Washington Times

Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
See, you're looking at this wrong.
Gay would have been entirely irrelevant and never brought up if they weren't discriminated against in the first place. How many DECADES of gay scouts were there before it became a ban in the first place...just going about doing their merit badges and building fires, etc?
Until someone said, "No, you can't do this," no one ever effin' talked about their sexuality.
It is the pointing out and discriminating against something that brought it to your face.
Do you understand that?

And why is everything about sex with you people? You really think 2 people can't go camping without having to take all their clothes off and start an orgy? That's so stupid.

And as for gay boys hitting on other boys...how is that remotely different from any boy hitting on any girl who isn't interested in him? It's the same damn thing. Politely decline and move on.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 PM

97 posts, read 145,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
Even if all gay/bisexual girls can control themselves, the organization needs to take into consideration the feelings of the heterosexual girls and their parents. I think most heterosexual kids would feel uncomfortable sharing a tent one-on-one with a gay/bisexual kid.

Sure, the other activities they can all join in together.
Please tell me why, in all the years of the Girl Scouts, has this not been an issue before? Why is it we're SO WORRIED about our little boys, but not our little girls? As someone else stated, they're not having orgies in their camping tents. They're building forts and learning how to safely make camp fires.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:21 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,836 times
Congratulations. Your reading comprehension didn't grasp my entire post. I said I was sure a SEARCH could find examples, but I personally haven't heard about it happening..

As for the military, that could easily be like prisons. Fill a place with a TON of men with zero females for a year, and see how they react. You think all the men that rape and get raped in prison are gay? No.. Some do it to assert dominance and as an act of punishment.. That has been going on for thousands of years, just look at how much sodomy is talked about in the bible. Personally I think you have to be a little "gay" to do it, but I think in many cases it's more of a last resort type of thing.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,697,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Congratulations. Your reading comprehension didn't grasp my entire post. I said I was sure a SEARCH could find examples, but I personally haven't heard about it happening..
Hey ********, this exact story was on the 5:30 NBC nightly news recently.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:26 PM

97 posts, read 145,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Hey ********, this exact story was on the 5:30 NBC nightly news recently.
Some context would have been helpful, rather than just posting a link.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:47 PM

288 posts, read 433,788 times
I was a Cub Scout as a kid. My troop was nothing like that of what people would think lol.

Growing up in the Near Northside in the 90s had its moments. Dont think a gay kid would have wanted to be included that group anyway.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:04 PM

805 posts, read 1,871,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget_Brain View Post
Please tell me why, in all the years of the Girl Scouts, has this not been an issue before? Why is it we're SO WORRIED about our little boys, but not our little girls?
Our local girl scout troop has never been camping, none of the girls want to go. Whereas our boy scout troup has been camping at least 10 times in the last year. So I don't think your comparison is valid.

You opinion is in the minority and nothing you have said is going to convince anybody.

Nugget_Brain are you gay, are you involved in the Scout movement, are you a parent?

Old 05-31-2013, 01:11 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,807,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
My boys will not be joining scouts.

Boy Scouts are not honoring God, nor our country.
Pray the gay away and honor America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies