Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Bye. Don't let the door hit ya where nature split ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids.
I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News

But there has always been gay kids in the scouts. Was your son affected by this. Were you worried about your son before this ruling. You want to keep this positive but it sickens me how these kids are discriminated against.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
If you wanted to keep this thread 'positive and constructive', why did you make such negative and destructive comments?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
Impossible to keep this thread positive and constructive with the way it was started by the op. Good lord i can't believe some of the stuff i just read in post #1.
It's cowardly and hypocritical to make such a disgusting attack like that, then tell to other posters to keep it 'positive and constructive'.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Scary to think that you just might be right.

Why is it unacceptable for parents to pull their kids out of an organization with which they no longer feel comfortable? Labeling them intolerant or bigoted just shows another type of hypocritical narrow-mindedness.
They ARE being intolerant and bigoted. That's their choice. But why do you want to pretend they aren't?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

The more you think about it, how often do you EVER hear of rape cases of a male raping another male? I'm sure a google search would show but I have never heard about it before in the news or amongst friends.
All the research shows that most men who rape other men are most often heterosexual. It's not about sexual attraction it's about power, control and humiliation.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
This is exactly why our country is going down the toilet. If you believe in the Bible and what it stands for, you are a racist, homophobic, hateful, bigot. It can't just be that you have a belief and stand firm in it. It has to be that if you don't change to the progressive movement, you're a bad person who doesn't love all people. Just because someone doesn't condone a behavior doesn't make them hate anyone. As far as likening sexuality to color, that is ridiculous. Sexuality is a choice, color is God-given.
You forgot to add the word 'ignorant' to that list.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
LOL! Love the Onion.

That 16 week old is obviously developmentally delayed. Most babies have already made that uh... 'choice' while still a fetus in the womb.

Sexual hormones and the brain: an essential alliance for sexual identity and sexual orientation (2010)
Endocr Dev. 2010;17:22-35. Epub 2009 Nov 24. Garcia-Falgueras A, Swaab DF.
The fetal brain develops during the intrauterine period in the male direction through a direct action of testosterone on the developing nerve cells, or in the female direction through the absence of this hormone surge. In this way, our gender identity (the conviction of belonging to the male or female gender) and sexual orientation are programmed or organized into our brain structures when we are still in the womb.

There is no indication that social environment after birth has an effect on gender identity or sexual orientation.
Oh dear. Marcus will lose his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-w7QAEWudQ

Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 PM

688 posts, read 652,068 times
Quote:

Until parents and classmates fully accept gay people, a child young enough to be a Boy/Eagle Scout likely will not open himself up to the bullying that would ensue knowing the culture of the organization/parents (if they've even realized it at that point). I think the Boy Scouts have overblown the issue into something that actually matters, when in reality, not many 9-year-old boys care either way since they aren't thinking about sex anyway.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Really? How can two gay "fock" in the "arse" and have a baby? Newsflash: something wrong with this picture? I want that crap out of my Scouts that's for sure. We live in a very twisted and screwed up world and won't get any better. TOLERANCE? Fock, I can write my own twisted rules and ask for tolerance, juts because everyone else does now. Hey let's start screwing goats and see if we can use the tolerance card as well. Hey, just use your imagination, there are no more morals stands for anything anyway
Thanks for showing your true colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies