U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:02 AM
 
10,115 posts, read 6,964,126 times
Reputation: 3408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Socialism is to tea party fools what racism is to Jesse Jackson.

People who loosely throw out words like marxism and communism have never read a any political science or philosophy books, probably because they feel the devil wrote them
or because they're not smart enough to understand them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:07 AM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,973,279 times
Reputation: 1578
If you knew about Marxism...then you would see how it is working in todays society as we speak...

The process and events that have to take place to the end Marx envisioned are taking place.

The term "Marxism" is very relevant....

Just because they aren't used in economics is neither here, nor there...Marxism is not an economic theory, it houses one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:22 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,583 posts, read 8,240,750 times
Reputation: 4158
Why are words like "socialism", "capitalism", and "marxism" still used?


Because it's such a hoot watching the leftist big-govt fanatics flying into paroxysms of rage when the nature of their agenda is revealed. Then it gets even better, as they whine that their agenda doesn't dot every I and cross every T of some dictionary definition of "socialism" (when even no two dictionaries define it identically) and only fulfills the six or seven most important characteristics... and therefore it "isn't socialism!!!".

These people know how destructive and debilitating socialism is, and so are horrified that people might find out how closely their philosophy parallels it in all important ways.

And this from people who call themselves "progressive" when all they are really doing is pushing a centuries-old, long-debunked, tired agenda that has never delivered what it promised... and call their agenda "liberal" when it hasn't supported liberty in over half a century.

But they insist you not call their philosophy "socialist", because the definition isn't EXACTLY right.

These people are sillier than an overloaded clown car. It's hilarious watching them fall all over themselves trying to get others to "think the right way".

That's why we keep calling them "socialist", "communist", and all the rest. Because it's pretty much true, and because they act sillier and sillier every time it's pointed out.

Hope that clears up the matter for you.

No, no need to thank me. Happy to help out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 AM
 
31,959 posts, read 16,429,252 times
Reputation: 17143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Why are words like "socialism", "capitalism", and "marxism" still used?


Because it's such a hoot watching the leftist big-govt fanatics flying into paroxysms of rage when the nature of their agenda is revealed. Then it gets even better, as they whine that their agenda doesn't dot every I and cross every T of some dictionary definition of "socialism" (when even no two dictionaries define it identically) and only fulfills the six or seven most important characteristics... and therefore it "isn't socialism!!!".

These people know how destructive and debilitating socialism is, and so are horrified that people might find out how closely their philosophy parallels it in all important ways.

And this from people who call themselves "progressive" when all they are really doing is pushing a centuries-old, long-debunked, tired agenda that has never delivered what it promised... and call their agenda "liberal" when it hasn't supported liberty in over half a century.

But they insist you not call their philosophy "socialist", because the definition isn't EXACTLY right.

These people are sillier than an overloaded clown car. It's hilarious watching them fall all over themselves trying to get others to "think the right way".

That's why we keep calling them "socialist", "communist", and all the rest. Because it's pretty much true, and because they act sillier and sillier every time it's pointed out.

Hope that clears up the matter for you.

No, no need to thank me. Happy to help out.
Exhibit 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 AM
 
5,190 posts, read 4,104,945 times
Reputation: 1094
what ever happened to good old 'Leninism'?

not even sure the spelling is correct there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
10,583 posts, read 8,240,750 times
Reputation: 4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
what ever happened to good old 'Lenninism'?
It hasn't been the same ever since old Vlad took one of the Ns out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Maryland about 20 miles NW of DC
6,111 posts, read 5,051,434 times
Reputation: 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
what ever happened to good old 'Leninism'?

not even sure the spelling is correct there

There is classical Marxism, Marxist-Leninism, The Trotsky variant, The Stalinist variant, Maoism, Dengism and the Third way of Tito.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 51,148,300 times
Reputation: 24606
And then there is the world of unremitting greed and corruption called Crony or Insider Capitalism. You know the world we live in. It has one thing in common with all the other isms. It will never let a really free uncontrolled market to exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Orange County, CA
3,730 posts, read 5,254,918 times
Reputation: 4186
Only the names have changed. Today, Socialists call themselves "Liberals". Marxists call themselves "Progressives."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2013, 11:09 AM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,973,279 times
Reputation: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Only the names have changed. Today, Socialists call themselves "Liberals". Marxists call themselves "Progressives."
This ^^

/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top