Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 03:44 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Well they sure got your attention, didn't they? I guess I just can't be bothered trying to find something in everything I read and see, especially commercials. To be quite honest, when commercials come on that's generally the time for me to get up and do something during those 5 or 10 irritating minutes. Who the hell analyzes commercials??? Oh, wait - you do.
I analyze everything. I make no apologies for that. You act as if that is something to be ashamed of. That's more a fault of your own deficits than it is of mine.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:46 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I analyze everything. I make no apologies for that. You act as if that is something to be ashamed of. That's more a fault of your own deficits than it is of mine.
to me its more a spoof on the stereotypical husband that you see in tv shows that lays around.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:52 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
to me its more a spoof on the stereotypical husband that you see in tv shows that lays around.
Damn, how could I have overlooked that one in my suggestions for better excuses to be "offended"?

7. The ad is sexist against men. First it betrays men as being lazy; then it demonstrates how, with guidance from the evil that is woman, even our female youth are treating us like garbage disposals!

Old 06-02-2013, 03:53 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Good for Cheerios

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
pathetic.

Cheerios dragged into race row after releasing advert featuring mixed-race family | Mail Online

AdWeek reported that the comment section contained numerous references to Nazis, 'troglodytes' and 'racial genocide

im not a regulation guy, but im getting there with the internet. im tired of reading crap like this from mainly white males who are so jealous of a black guy with a white woman. im glad cheerios isnt backing down.
Me too. I can't think of a worse element in this society, since the beginning, than white males who are racist. A supremely ignorant, insecure, repulsive bunch. The commercial is a great one, reflecting our society in these great times inclusion and tolerance defined by President Obama.

We need more commercials like this one.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Damn, how could I have overlooked that one in my suggestions for better excuses to be "offended"?

7. The ad is sexist against men. First it betrays men as being lazy; then it demonstrates how, with guidance from the evil that is woman, even our female youth are treating us like garbage disposals!
Only a idiot would not get the symbolism of upon learning that Cheerios are good for the Heart, the child would place Cheerios on her "dad's" chest...

Man has America gone brain dead???

Old 06-02-2013, 04:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Actually, I have seen plenty of evidence to suggest that this would tee off some black women as well.
Where? Every single Black woman who has posted in this thread (including myself) not only find nothing offensive about the commercial but think that the commercial is cute and adorable.

Wow, this is like the 6th or 7th attempt in this thread to manufacture "angry Black woman" outrage. Pathetic.

ETA: More than anything else this thread highlights just how desperate racist White men are to have Black women to be their proxy in the racist WM's hatred of BM/WW interracial couplings.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:13 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
calipoppy, they are using that as an excuse to cover for the white guys who are the ones posting all the racial comments in regards to this commercial.

look at the facebook comments regarding that commercial, all the negative comments were from white males, and all the racial genocide talk are from white males.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:14 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I think it's a good thing that you recognize that it is a deficit that you have, one that I don't share. I really don't know any one who waste a considerable amount of time analyzing commericals.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:21 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I think it's a good thing that you recognize that it is a deficit that you have, one that I don't share. I really don't know many people who wastes a considerable amount of time analyzing commericals.
Here you are posting in a thread about a commercial and you've posted way more than I have. The fact that you can't comprehend the irony of your comments says much about you. And its no deficit of mine that I'm an analytic person. That you think otherwise is your problem.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:22 PM

385 posts, read 1,112,993 times
This is so stupid. There is nothing remarkable about this commercial. At all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies