Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 10:51 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times

Advertisements

is anyone not offended by how dumb the commercial is?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:55 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I agree it's not. I'm white and my son is half Asian. I could marry a black man. So it would be black, white, and a Asian. It could be realistic.
That kind of combination is possible.

Personally, I don't find it unnatural for someone to be attracted to someone of a different race. I should know because I have lived it. The woman didn't feel the same about me.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:56 PM

664 posts, read 1,035,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah. They want to show people of all races loving each other, even within families. Can't think of anything more sick and unAmerican than that.
The real Americans already do without a commercial making a joke out of it.

Why don't they show something like this?

Knockin' on Heaven's Door Medley Music Video.mpg - YouTube

Lethal Weapon 2 End Credits - YouTube

Old 06-02-2013, 10:57 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
I'm trying to see how much less of a damn I could give about this. Nope. Can't see it.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:58 PM

The only "outrage" I have about this commercial is that I wasn't in it. Other than that, I don't see a reason to be outraged about it. I can't think of one reason to be upset. I've seen interracial couples for myself in public. I have no objections to it.

This is how I look at this. I would never think there would be such outrage to such a severe point. However, I keep forgetting that this is the internet. The difference between watching it on TV and on youtube is that on youtube, you can comment on it. The outrage on youtube merely reflects what some people won't say in public.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
The real Americans already do without a commercial making a joke out of it.

Why don't they show something like this?

Knockin' on Heaven's Door Medley Music Video.mpg - YouTube

Lethal Weapon 2 End Credits - YouTube

Who do you consider to be "real" Americans?

Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
I don't approve of interracial marriages or relationships. I realize that many of you feel otherwise, and I can respect that, but I view your point of view as being more or less that of a pre-programmed, media and academia induced point of view. If the media doesn't find a view popular, you trash it. If the media agrees with something, you come out in favor of it.

Seeing this commercial, it does appear odd. I have a cousin who is white, and he is married to a black woman. Even after years of knowing him and his wife, his relationship is still weird. He has two boys who are bi-racial.

Whether you find these relationships as acceptable or not, one cannot try to assume that a person's viewpoint of these relationships is better than the other, or that a person's viewpoint is based on nothing more than hate or bigotry. The fact is, most people don't like interracial relationships because it seems to go against what is natural, by and large. At least, that is how they view it.

Another thing to consider is that white genes are recessive. So while some of you scoff at the arguments of some that it represents white genocide, it isn't that far off the mark from what the end result will be if interracial relationships become the norm.

I simply wish that most of you on this site, who are of a liberal persuasion, would stop the robotic nature of "stop the bigotry" before you even open your mouths. It's like some of you are trained to stay the same five or so statements to happenings such as this. Come on. Everything isn't as black or white like you think, but it is sometimes very different.
Non, mon ami, everything isn't as black and white as YOU think. I've never even given the "purity" of the white race a second thought, and if the entire planet becomes a lovely shade of cocoa, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
I think these advertising Co are using things that they know will creep into the media and so on, quadrupling the pronunciation of the Co name. That is in part what marketing is all about.

If this is true it would be a low and moral-less move on behalf of the Co. Why...because they are intentionally injecting what would be more attention to issues, where attention is another form of suggestion into society that the issue deserves attention and there are real problems besides what people are aware of.

Therefore people should not give the benefit of doubt to the advertising Co and the Co itself, why...because they are pro's in social manipulation and know exactly what they are doing.

Therefore thanks for the heads up...everything GM produce's is now off the list. Theres lots to choose from....see ya.
That will make General Mills products cheaper for me.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That kind of combination is possible.

Personally, I don't find it unnatural for someone to be attracted to someone of a different race. I should know because I have lived it. The woman didn't feel the same about me.
I'm sorry green_mariner.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm sorry green_mariner.
That has happened alot. Many women I've been attracted to didn't feel the same about me. However, I keep trying.

As for interracial marriage, I've ever disapproved of it, and I don't have a problem with it. I've never thought of it as "not natural". Maybe it's because my attitude is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies